PRE-GAME Round 5 - Knights vs Broncos

He's the coach of that team, Wayne Bennett can **** off on a cruise to Fiji for all I care, he's done enough to the club over the last couple of years with his retention & recruitment decisions, it's time for a sabbatical.

This is possibly the best response to a post i've seen in many a year.

Bennett reminds me of Sir Alex Ferguson in a lot of ways. When things started to get a bit stale for Man United, he often changed their backroom structures around and bought in people with fresh ideas. As much as i like Kevvie, we have seen his coaching before, and Demitriou hasnt impressed me. Maybe its time for a change. Bennett as the head of the club is fine, but maybe he needs some fresh eyes.

Bennett reminds me of Sir Alex Ferguson in a lot of ways. When things started to get a bit stale for Man United, he often changed their backroom structures around and bought in people with fresh ideas. As much as i like Kevvie, we have seen his coaching before, and Demitriou hasnt impressed me. Maybe its time for a change. Bennett as the head of the club is fine, but maybe he needs some fresh eyes.

Hopefully he’s not turning into a Wenger.

I'm driving down for this game. I'm expecting a better performance but that may not convert into anything.

Are you some kind of masochist?

I'll be driving there too, but it's only 10-15 mins from my place haha.

I think the best chance we have of turning this ship around is if Tevita Pangai Jr rocks up to Broncos Headquarters on Tuesday morning with Darren Lockyer, Justin Hodges & Corey Parker on his flanks, walks up to Wayne Bennett, and says this:

giphy.gif

I think the best chance we have of turning this ship around is if Tevita Pangai Jr rocks up to Broncos Headquarters on Tuesday morning with Darren Lockyer, Justin Hodges & Corey Parker on his flanks, walks up to Wayne Bennett, and says this:

giphy.gif

I though that was Usain Bolt for a second!

Are you some kind of masochist?

I'll be driving there too, but it's only 10-15 mins from my place haha.
It'll take me four hours but I always enjoy watching games out of Newcastle. IMO, they have the friendliest fans in the comp, they certainly rank higher than the morons that hang out at Suncorp.

Who really cares? Even if we win, who cares?

Until this team delivers some consistency week in week out by playing to our potential, winning games and playing with some fucking mongrel, attitude and discipline, I doubt I'll put my emotions into their games. Why should I care when even the players don't care?

Book a bus from Newcastle, if they play like they did tonight deserve to bus it back the long way. Make sure take their electronic devices away and give them coffee to keep them awake.

Book a bus from Newcastle, if they play like they did tonight deserve to bus it back the long way. Make sure take their electronic devices away and give them coffee to keep them awake.

@ningnangnong here's your masochist.....

Well, it's not unreasonable to think there will be changes. I'm thinking Oates and TPJ will miss another week, I hope not because we definitely need them back. I've wanted Tagatese in the side from the start, Lodge and Sims( TPJ) with Taga and Offa will settle the middle just fine. Thaiday needs to be gone along with the failing Milf and Niko. I'd give them a QCup fortnight to readjust the attitude. Boyd to 5/8 with Bird into halfback.

Just for two weeks mind you but I'd challenge anyone to say they wouldn't be as good as tonights pair and I'm certain they'd be better defenders. Tonight's effort was frankly unbelievable given how much talking our boys have done in the media.
I’m all for mixing the halves up but you’re off ya head if you think Boyd and Bird wouldn’t dish out the same shit.

I’m all for mixing the halves up but you’re off ya head if you think Boyd and Bird wouldn’t dish out the same shit.
Well ,I made that point didn't I ? I wrote they'd be no worse with the bonus of far better defence. It wasn't about improving the halves contribution, it was about making them realise what privileged positions they held and what terrible efforts they made in last nights game.

I think the commentator said they made 5 runs between them, perhaps it was more but I don't know.

I think Bird and Boyd at half and five eighth would be an improvement and I really wish I could get off my head.

Irrespective of the result against Knights, would flying straight to NZ and be in a camp make any difference to team gelling and turn up for each other? Matter of fact, I would prefer them to go away from home now and be on road for the next fortnight.

Stop fronting the media often and FFS, stop saying 'We need to click, we will click" garbage. You are not being paid to click at some point in future but to deliver results now. You DO NOT deserve the $'s.

Last edited:
It’s got to be getting close to dropping Thiaday back to Qcup and bringing Tagataese in. He is not big enough for prop, too big and slow for second row. Thiaday is offering nothing for the team atm no even leadership or enthusiasm he needs to really step up his game or go back to reggies.

It’s got to be getting close to dropping Thiaday back to Qcup and bringing Tagataese in. He is not big enough for prop,

Sam Thaiday is 115kg which means he is Bigger than every forward in the club except Lodge

Unread

Active Now

• Ondi
  • broncos4life
  • Ghost of Vlansys
  • Dash
  • Jedhead
  • Lurker
  • Pablo
  • Culhwch
  • Gaz
  • Browny
  • Harry Sack
  • Brett Da Man LeMan
  • sooticus
  • Manofoneway
  • TimWhatley
  • Broncosarethebest
  • Dreaglor
... and 5 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.