vs

Kickoff In:

Thursday
Morning
10:00

Team Lists

Status
Not open for further replies.
+ showed us why we got him rounds 1,2 and a bit rd3. He needs the forwards to be running and going forward to make his job easier. + us having possesion and not turning the ball over every set i know he coffed it up a cpl times himself the other night.

This is spot on. I can't understand all the Croft hate given the context as in the above post, and reviewing his contribution to our wins in Rds 1 & 2 where he was praised (along with Milford).

With our forwards doing **** all in the middle defensively, shit marker defence and standing flat footed in attack, and playing without heart, what can you expect from a new halves pairing?

For mine, the focus must be on our forward pack, bearing in mind they are seriously depleted - our entire back row is out including two of the best back rowers in the comp, and our captain and most experienced player.

As for T'eo, isn't this his 1st NRL game in 6 years? What's his fitness like given the new rules? So I am not expecting miracles from him.

Manly by not many if we play for our pride, club and fans

So Manly by heaps then since "playing for pride" lasted the first 4 minutes of the 2nd half.

Well, the writing is on the wall. Let's hope the players can read more than just their bank statements.

Te'os influence on this team may very well be in training and off the field example; I cannot for the life of me believe he'll be a difference maker on the field for this season...

Happy to be wrong....but I cannot see it...

If things were slightly different Croft would have 6 try assists by now (and make my NRLCEO team look far better than it is now..). He can create try assists...up to the rets to finish it. When he takes it upon himself he can create AND finish (see try and Eels).

No halfback can do their job properly behind a dominated pack though....

Im quite happy with him, im Glad he is at the club and im quietly confident he will continue to improve and become a real assets for this team..

Milford can't tackle he doesn't belong on the team, and Boyd should of been dropped 2 years ago.

How often do those selections work? Even desperate selections deserve comment and justification.
Adam Who did pretty well in Origin.

Yes I know, filled in in a great team, was on the wing not at 9.

But it is an example of someone who did very well, was selected from left field and also wasn’t recognised in the position he was selected in.

Just heard Bellamy after last night's game saying that central coast doesn't have an airport suitable for charter flights so they have to fly into Sydney and then bus it to central coast.

Not sure if it's ineptitude by the NRL to pick a location that doesn't have a suitable airport when you're entire plan was chartering flights for away teams... or a potential play by NRL to weaken the non-Sydney teams

Last edited:
Adam Who did pretty well in Origin.

Yes I know, filled in in a great team, was on the wing not at 9.

But it is an example of someone who did very well, was selected from left field and also wasn’t recognised in the position he was selected in.

Massive difference between a 28 year old who has played nearly 100 NRL games with lots of wing experience and a guy taken from BRL.

Last edited:
Milford can't tackle he doesn't belong on the team, and Boyd should of been dropped 2 years ago.

Milford can tackle. He’s just lazy and too precious to put his amazing body on the line.

Just heard Bellamy after last night's game saying that central coast doesn't have an airport suitable for charter flights so they have to fly into Sydney and then bus it to central coast.

Not sure if it's ineptitude by the NRL to pick a location that doesn't have a suitable airport when you're entire plan was chartering flights for away teams... or a potential play by NRL to weaken the non-Sydney teams

The Roosters didn't get home until 2am Friday morning, it takes a long while even if you're close to the city.

1.Niu
2.Coates
3.Staggs
4.Boyd
5.Issako
6.Milford
7.Croft
8.Lodge
9.Paix
10.Haas
11.Hoppa
12.Teo
13.Carrigain
14.Oates
15.Fledgler
16.Offa
17.Dearden

1.Niu
2.Coates
3.Staggs
4.Boyd
5.Issako
6.Milford
7.Croft
8.Lodge
9.Paix
10.Haas
11.Hoppa
12.Teo
13.Carrigain
14.Oates
15.Fledgler
16.Offa
17.Dearden

Why Niu? He's 18 with 1 NRL game where we got flogged? Given our lack of 1st grade experience is cruelling us, I can't agree with putting a rookie like Niu in such a key position when the rest of the side are so inexperienced and playing like crap, mostly because of inexperience. Isaako is the best we have at the back for mine and we ought to keep him there for the time being at least.

Also, is Turps out for next game? We need him.

Taking emotion out of it and being realistic with selections, here is what we could go with against the Sea Eagles:

Premise - trying to get some more experience in that staring pack and Oates being a backline cover as well as a bench 2nd rower.

1. Niu
2. Issako
3. Staggs
4. Boyd
5. Arthurs
6. Milford
7. Croft
8. Haas
9. Paix
10. Lodge
11. Bullemour (sp?)
12 Carrigan
13. Ofahengaue

14. Oates
15. Flegler
16. Hopoate
17. Kennedy

Be kind. 😜

Taking emotion out of it and being realistic with selections, here is what we could go with against the Sea Eagles:

Premise - trying to get some more experience in that staring pack and Oates being a backline cover as well as a bench 2nd rower.

1. Niu
2. Issako
3. Staggs
4. Boyd
5. Arthurs
6. Milford
7. Croft
8. Haas
9. Paix
10. Lodge
11. Bullemour (sp?)
12 Carrigan
13. Ofahengaue

14. Oates
15. Flegler
16. Hopoate
17. Kennedy

Be kind. 😜

As I posted above, I can't see any sense or reason to put Niu at FB in the context of our issues atm. Isaako at FB and Herbie to the wing.

Other than that, I like the team you picked.

(And it's Isaako I believe, not ISSako

Last edited:
Why Niu? He's 18 with 1 NRL game where we got flogged? Given our lack of 1st grade experience is cruelling us, I can't agree with putting a rookie like Niu in such a key position when the rest of the side are so inexperienced and playing like crap, mostly because of inexperience. Isaako is the best we have at the back for mine and we ought to keep him there for the time being at least.

Also, is Turps out for next game? We need him.

Turps has a busted leg. Probably a month

As I posted above, I can't see any sense or reason to put Niu at FB in the context of our issues atm. Isaako at FB and Herbie to the wing.

Other than that, I like the team you picked.

(And it's Isaako I believe, not ISSako
Thanks for being kind. Yeah, I got no issue with that, I just think Isaako is such a good winter & Nui played with good energy. Would be good to have both of them at the back, but I don’t think Nui has the size to play wing.

1. Niu
2. Issako
3. Staggs
4. Boyd
5. Arthurs
6. Milford
7. Croft
8. Haas
9. Paix
10. Lodge
11. Bullemour (sp?)
12 Carrigan
13. Ofahengaue

14. Oates
15. Flegler
16. Hopoate
17. Kennedy

Be kind. 😜

T'eo on the bench for Hoppa who was awful?

And who relieves Paix. I don't know if he can handle 80

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Active Now

• levikaden
  • Mick_Hancock
  • sooticus
  • Cavalo
  • Ondi
  • Xzei
  • RolledOates
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.