vs

Kickoff In:

Thursday
Morning
10:00

Team Lists

Status
Not open for further replies.
Croft is the only half that has offered literally anything in the past two games. Milford has even taken a backseat on his kicking in the opponents half which might be the only thing he excels at anymore.

I feel like Milford may have taken a backseat on kicking because he has been instructed to do so, but wouldn't be surprised if he just doesn't do it because he just doesn't want to.

I feel like Milford may have taken a backseat on kicking because he has been instructed to do so, but wouldn't be surprised if he just doesn't do it because he just doesn't want to.
His history shows that he’s just lazy and doesn’t want to get involved when things get difficult. If he’s been instructed to not put up those massive bombs and put pressure on the opposition fullback then Seibold needs to get sacked today. If he’s being lazy then Milford needs to get sacked today.

Either way I would like to see Dearden in the team at some point, but I'm not sure if it would be productive for him to play in the team as currently constructed and situated.

currently constructed

There is no construction and this is the point isn't it.

I'm hopeful they come out next week and have heard how angry their fans are and play like they have a point to prove because that is the only way they will win, it certainly won't be from structures to fall back on, they have none.

There is no construction and this is the point isn't it.

I'm hopeful they come out next week and have heard how angry their fans are and play like they have a point to prove because that is the only way they will win, it certainly won't be from structures to fall back on, they have none.

Exactly.

It seems as though the "structures" that Seibold has tried to put in place are just no clicking anyone either, which just doesn't help. I am beginning to think that all of Seibold's success is 100% predicated on having an elite fast hooker and a dominant forward pack. If he doesn't have that, he just can't coach the team to play well any other way.

One of the (few) kicks Milford did last night was a deadset half-hearted up and down. There was literally nothing on the ball, it didn't even go high. It was deadset embarrassing.
All of his kicks are like that. Seriously, have you ever seen him put up anything other than a straight up and down bomb that the catcher could take a nap before catching? They're so bad, even if our chasers were busting their jocks to get there, they don't stand a chance.

It seems like Paix really needs someone to relieve him though. He was valiant in defence for the first 15 minutes, but otherwise he really didn't look up to it defending in the middle.
He is not a hooker he is a halfback , the coach sees him at training and thinks he is the next cook , he is an outstanding trainer but as yet struggles to tranfer it onto the field , I have no idea why they let Macca go or even Simpkin

Croft deserves to be in the side over Milford.
Croft was diabolical last night - milf at least has some history of being a contributor - about 18 months ago.

Croft was diabolical last night - milf at least has some history of being a contributor - about 18 months ago.

I don't disagree but Croft was at least trying last week, more than you can say for Milf who was catching a cold out on the sideline all night.

I think this game will be a fair bit closer, we have Staggs back and we come off losing to 2 of the premiership favourites straight after coming back from weeks of no training. Losing all hope after a few real bad defeats isn't what rugby league is about. We aren't out of this comp by a long way a few big wins against bottom ranked sides is all we need to fix our for and against. This team has a lot of talent we just need confidence and belief in each other to turn this around.

One of the (few) kicks Milford did last night was a deadset half-hearted up and down. There was literally nothing on the ball, it didn't even go high. It was deadset embarrassing.
Yep I remember that... about halfway through the second half (so the game was gone) but it was in the exact field position where he should be putting up a torp bomb... I was fucking pissed.

Yes we were getting flogged, but that just showed he didn’t give a shit at that point and was happy to take a seat whilst the forwards were still having to flog their way in the middle.

Our attack is going to be shit until Fifita and TPJ are back, they are the only major threat in the side and make the spine look serviceable at times. Actually Staggs can be a threat too, make that 3 of them.

Without those 3, we might score 0 again lol.

Yep I remember that... about halfway through the second half (so the game was gone) but it was in the exact field position where he should be putting up a torp bomb... I was fucking pissed.

Yes we were getting flogged, but that just showed he didn’t give a shit at that point and was happy to take a seat whilst the forwards were still having to flog their way in the middle.

Which is exactly why he should be dropped, him and Boyd, both giving up when players are looking to them as examples.

boyd, oates and milf out-coates,staggs and deardon in.no point having old heads in there if they arnt providing any benifit.

oh and a ref that is somewhat even with the speed of clearing the ruck for each side.

Last edited:
I’m sure most Broncos fans are prepared to be a little more patient with a guy who has played less than 3 and a half games for us and is doing it for less than half the money Milford does it for.
+ showed us why we got him rounds 1,2 and a bit rd3. He needs the forwards to be running and going forward to make his job easier. + us having possesion and not turning the ball over every set i know he coffed it up a cpl times himself the other night.

+ showed us why we got him rounds 1,2 and a bit rd3. He needs the forwards to be running and going forward to make his job easier. + us having possesion and not turning the ball over every set i know he coffed it up a cpl times himself the other night.
To be fair he only lasted 15 minutes in Round 2. Funny though, he ended up with the same amount of try assists and line break assists as his colleague Milford in that game - zero.

I’d say he’s looked ok without being great, but I’m prepared to give him some time given he’s barely played a game for us. Actually, given the precedent we’ve set with providing allowances for Milford to just not perform, Croft can by rights expect 4 seasons, a new role, new position and a new Halves partner before conditions are ‘just right’ and maybe then he can be expected to deliver consistently.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Active Now

• GCBRONCO
  • Broncosgirl
  • Broncorob
  • john1420
  • Battler
  • MrTickyMcG
  • ivanhungryjak
  • rj9
  • Foordy
  • KateBroncos1812
  • Rowdy124
  • Brett Da Man LeMan
  • Gaz
  • Broncosarethebest
  • Tmac
  • Santa
  • NSW stables
  • leon.bott
  • Xzei
  • Bucking Beads
... and 9 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.