vs

Kickoff In:

Thursday
Morning
10:00

Team Lists

Status
Not open for further replies.
As I posted above, I can't see any sense or reason to put Niu at FB in the context of our issues atm. Isaako at FB and Herbie to the wing.

Other than that, I like the team you picked.

(And it's Isaako I believe, not ISSako
Isaako was nowhere near our biggest liability over the last couple of weeks, but that I really think he is one of the leagues least skilled ball playing fullbacks.

He had one deadly step against the chooks a couple of years ago and feet for hands.

Give Tesi a run.

Manly took eels to the death tonight and depending on how you view forward passes, were robbed of the win.
Next week could be ugly again... I’m not even looking for a win, I’m just looking for our boys to look like they care, want to be playing for the Broncos and capable of digging in and competing.

T'eo on the bench for Hoppa who was awful?

And who relieves Paix. I don't know if he can handle 80
I am assuming Te’o is not available, but if he is he can come in for Hopoate.

Not sure on Paix. Maybe Oates comes on to wing & Nui goes to dummy half.

Tommy Turbo to rack up 5 tries in this game, mark my words.
We are in for another thrashing lads, prepare yourselves with all the appropriate lubrication's and pillows for biting.

So are they going to start calling all decoys that contact the outside shoulder an obstruction or just when it happens against the cowboys
[automerge]1591439096[/automerge]
Refs have dug themselves into a hole here now and will have to penalise all decoys that make contact with the outside shoulder

Last edited:
Tommy Turbo to rack up 5 tries in this game, mark my words.
We are in for another thrashing lads, prepare yourselves with all the appropriate lubrication's and pillows for biting.
Definitely Manly by 30+. They are a premiership heavyweight and will be smarting after getting robbed tonight.

Definitely Manly by 30+. They are a premiership heavyweight and will be smarting after getting robbed tonight.
Not forgetting we don’t really have anyone coming back except Staggs... and defence isn’t exactly Staggs’ strongpoint

Does this club have any leadership at all? We have not used the captains challenge for all 4 games.

Another young kid to throw in the fire (I know I know, everyones rabid about the old guys needing to put to pasture but also about the young kids being pitched in and destroyed) It's a real clusterfuck.

This is a situation of our own making. We have refused to acknowledge our ‘old guys’ are busted and got rid of them, instead we have continually re-signed them and made other poor signings on huge money, such as Bird and Milford. We weren’t even going to re-sign Glenn at one point last year and instead of brushing them and signing some competent and experienced NRL players to replace them, we’ve left them in and doubled-down on the kids.

Our ‘old guys’ are still busted, perhaps even worse, the kids aren’t ready and we have no salary cap room to address the problems.

We are proper f*cked for years, unless the kids come good quickly and they actually turn out to be as good as the club insists they are. Many are starting to wonder that very point.

Not being experienced is not their fault. Being gutless and not even having a crack, is...

Why Niu? He's 18 with 1 NRL game where we got flogged? Given our lack of 1st grade experience is cruelling us, I can't agree with putting a rookie like Niu in such a key position when the rest of the side are so inexperienced and playing like crap, mostly because of inexperience. Isaako is the best we have at the back for mine and we ought to keep him there for the time being at least.

Also, is Turps out for next game? We need him.

the answer to your first question is that it's because an 18 year old rookie with little to no first grade experience is exactly they type of player Kyall would love to fill every position with ...

the answer to your second question is that it is likely Turps is out ... the reports were a chipped bone (or something like that) out for 4-6

the answer to your first question is that it's because an 18 year old rookie with little to no first grade experience is exactly they type of player Kyall would love to fill every position with ...

the answer to your second question is that it is likely Turps is out ... the reports were a chipped bone (or something like that) out for 4-6

Well, as someone else posted, what a shame we don't have Seggy, or, come to think of it, any hooker depth. Back to the old play the half at hooker strategy ... so let's play Dearden off the bench, and, to continue subverting paradigms, play Haas in the back row ... I can just see him now running at the Manly edge defence with a bit of space to really wind up.

After all, given the strategy adopted by both Roosters and Eels to rush Haas so he had defenders all over him as soon as he got the ball, he'd be better out wide with room to move.

Last edited:
Seibold is not taking this seriously until he drops Boyd. Personally he has almost lost me. I still think that moving Bennett on was the right call. However I'm starting to share the view of many other posters here that he may just be out of his depth unfortunately.

Tell you what but, the teams lack of drive and competitiveness is certainly not helping him.

Look, I can understand not dropping Milford but goodness me, what does Boyd’s retention tell the squad? You cannot show partiality in team selection. There is no worse back in the league than Boyd and yet he continues to get picked. Siebs is on his way to signing his own death warrant.
[automerge]1591491290[/automerge]
But that said, I’m so excited to see Oates in the back row.

Last edited:
You can't tell me that Arthurs deserves to be dropped before Boyd.
Look, I can understand not dropping Milford but goodness me, what does Boyd’s retention tell the squad? You cannot show partiality in team selection. There is no worse back in the league than Boyd and yet he continues to get picked. Siebs is on his way to signing his own death warrant.
[automerge]1591491290[/automerge]
But that said, I’m so excited to see Oates in the back row.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Active Now

• Galah
  • Broncosarethebest
  • johnyE
  • Griffo
  • lynx000
  • marw
  • Socnorb
  • Redux
  • Strop
  • ChewThePhatt
  • Financeguy
  • Thelmus
  • Justwin
  • Ondi
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.