10:00

Team Lists

Status
Not open for further replies.
theshed

theshed

Just a Game
Aug 28, 2010
They would be no worse than anyone else available. Its not like they havent both played plenty of back row and they are both capable of being devatsting hole runners given the right service.

Sure, and does losing by 50 or 100 really even matter? Might as well take the chance that we’ll at least score a few.

Wolfie

Wolfie

International Captain
Jan 14, 2015
Sure, and does losing by 50 or 100 really even matter? Might as well take the chance that we’ll at least score a few.

Somethings got to change i guess. Until we get our backrowers back i think they are probably our best option. We just dont have any decent depth in the backline either who are just steady players who will do their job.

BroncsFan

BroncsFan

International Captain
Contributor
Jul 28, 2016
In saying that, isn’t much the halves can do when they aren’t being given a good platform to work off of. They are going to struggle. Our forward losses, people underestimate just how big of a loss they are and what losing them does to this side.
Agreed... and for me probably the most disappointing is Offa.

I can forgive Lodge, because he got a serious injury and clearly doesn't have the fitness as yet to pump out the minutes he was last year, but he is still trying to be an aggressor in the forwards... can't recall the timing of his injury and whether it was latish in the pre-season, but it is also the kind of injury that wouldn't allow much cardio during rehab (or much of anything really), so I think it will probably be a pretty slow year for Lodge, but we need him at the moment so he can't spend extra time getting the fitness back.

Haas is doing everything he can.. and so is Flegler and Carrigan, but they're all young and they need some backup.

Offa missed the first two games due to suspension from his 3rd or 4th mess up in about 2-3 years... so he should've come back raring to go. He has no injury to blame for any lack of fitness and yet he looks underdone.

I've always seen Offa as a liability in defence... and seeing the roosters try where Liu strolled through the middle I thought Haas looked a little slow, but noticed Offa was on the blind side and didn't come across from the inside to cover the gap in the middle. I can't recall what time of the game that came, but believe it was straight after half time.. so fatigue can't be blamed.

Realistically with Lodge underdone, Offa should be making a big push to start and be our reliable long minute prop until Lodge is back up to speed. Allowing Flegler to provide impact off the bench.

At the moment Offa is probably borderline with Kennedy in terms of who should be in the team

Last edited:
Alec

Alec

International Rep
Mar 4, 2008
Ofa seems like the front row version of McCullough. Came in young and looked mature for his age, and we all thought he'd just keep developing into the next Petero or something...but he never really did, almost staying the same as he was back in 2015/16.

Unbreakable

Unbreakable

International Rep
Contributor
May 21, 2013

Looks like Coates right wing for this game.

Unbreakable

Unbreakable

International Rep
Contributor
May 21, 2013
So if the rumours are correct the team should be..

1. Isaako
2. Farnworth
3. Staggs
4. Boyd
5. Coates
6. Milford
7. Croft
8. Lodge
9. Paix
10. Haas
11. Oates
12. Ofahengaue
13. Carrigan

14. Niu
15. Hopoate
16. Bullemore (Te'o if fit)
17. Flegler

I feel sorry for Arthars, he's been better than Boyd..

People talk about Boyd's defence being his only strength, on the weekend Boyd made 9 tackles and missed 1, Arthars made 29 tackles and missed 1..

Cavalo

Cavalo

NYC Player
Sep 20, 2019
Obviously Boyd is not going to be dropped. None of us know why but if it didn’t happen last year, it’s not happening this year.
So who in this lineup spells Paix? Is it Hoppa? Whoever’s closest to the ptb can play dummy half for limited minutes, but who defends in the middle?
I think Dearden could do a Wallace at the Panthers/ Hunt in origin and cover dummy half.
And surely Te’o for 20 mins...

broncos4life

broncos4life

International Captain
Forum Staff
Oct 5, 2011
At this stage, if I told you we lived in a hypothetical world and I can give you 2 options: we play next week and take our chances, or take a 12-8 loss.

Which option tickles your fancy?

12-8 loss, no question.

winslow_wong

winslow_wong

International Captain
May 27, 2013
It’s a start, not sure what arthers did wrong though. Herbie definitely has a higher ceiling though.

Well you can’t be dropping Darius.

I bleed Maroon

I bleed Maroon

International Rep
Apr 17, 2013
Boyd's inclusion is one of the players "conditions" on Seibold. Glad to see the adults are in charge.

W

WASSHHH

Aug 24, 2017
Obviously Boyd is not going to be dropped. None of us know why but if it didn’t happen last year, it’s not happening this year.
So who in this lineup spells Paix? Is it Hoppa? Whoever’s closest to the ptb can play dummy half for limited minutes, but who defends in the middle?
I think Dearden could do a Wallace at the Panthers/ Hunt in origin and cover dummy half.
And surely Te’o for 20 mins...
It’s not the most challenging name on our roster, so I reckon most would get it right.

Except Oates, I’d wager poor old Corey would struggle to spell his own name most of the time.

B

Bongo

NRL Player
Oct 10, 2013
Siebold really has no clue about the bench. What we need is a utility that can play in the second row and then fill in at centre if there is an injury. An aubasson or capewell type. Instead we have an outside back and not someone to help paix. Boyd needs to be put on gardening leave. I am not sure he could tackle the weeds at this point. I have no confidence in Oates defending in the second row. I would put carrigan in there. He could at least tackle for 80 minutes

Last edited:
BrentTatesChin

BrentTatesChin

QCup Player
Jul 30, 2016
I have NEVER wished injury on any Bronco before and probably never will.

however Boyd can be the one exception.

I cannot believe his arrogance to keep going out there as a player and only put in 5% week in week out.

Broncapz

Broncapz

NRL Player
May 1, 2016
Mate, you will totally make the difference for me when you are able to be positive in the slightest. I feel like we should be on suicide watch for you atm. I reckon you’ve taken it the hardest of all.

I sincerely hope the boys can rally some sort of performance just to get you out of the negatives.

His point is valid. We need to start using the Captain's Challenge.

Mitchell_Broncos

Mitchell_Broncos

NRL Player
Jun 21, 2016
Only reason why Boyd isnt getting dropped is because the amount of experience his got even though his shit and does nothing with that experience. Thats what i take of it.

Reactions: Dee
R

Rookie Alan

QCup Player
Apr 9, 2019
I have to say I feel our draw isn’t that bad after Titan’s game, apparently losing to Eels and Roosters atm is better than losing to Titans

Status
Not open for further replies.

Active Now

• bb_gun
  • Skyblues87
  • Pablo
  • Broncorob
  • The Don
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.