Support Play
/ Set Completion /
Penalties (Conceded)
Set Restarts
Errors

Player Stats

# T Pts TA LB TB OFF Ta MT IT Pos DR K KM M E P
# T Pts TA LB TB OFF Ta MT IT Pos DR K KM M E P

How many times did Staggs get the ball out wide in a good attacking shape in the 2nd half?

I keep going on about this but we just don't move the ball around. It's all too much up the middle. The 1st 2 games were different. We actually moved the ball wide and it showed with decent attacking performances. Contrast to Manly who in the 2nd half got the ball out wide and that for mine was the difference .. apart from the shit biased reffing

At least having Fifi and TPJ out wide seems to motivate the halves to pass the ball beyond the nearest middle forward. So annoying

Yep. This.
And hasn’t Staggs shown what he’s capable of when given half a sniff!!??

ill stand by my comment on player movement. Dearden is just as good as Croft at a far younger age. Croft isn’t directing shit out there, Milford looked far more engaged and and not to mention his kicking game is way fucking better then Croft’s. If he wants to knock back some dollars to stay then dearden and milf it is. My opinion only and I’m lubed up and prepared for the flack.
With what we pay Milford we could basically buy any Half in the NRL. We could probably get a Ponga or a Cook for only marginally more.

Does he still sound like a good investment to you now?

Croft looked good first 2 games..... I would rather see him pointing and yelling more than anything

With what we pay Milford we could basically buy any Half in the NRL. We could probably get a Ponga or a Cook for only marginally more.

Does he still sound like a good investment to you now?

Yeah exactly. I'd be offering Milford 600k and no more to stay or he can test his value on the market. We need to recruit a seasoned quality hooker to finally clean up our fucking middle. I'd be throwing the chequebook at Josh Hodgson while he is still young enough to be useful to us.

Last edited:
I say it somewhat tongue in cheek, but honestly, there is probably some truth to it:

Half the reason Milford got on a small roll is probably because Manly honestly didn’t know what to do when he started contributing. It’s honestly not something they probably wasted any time preparing for at training because he hadn’t been a factor in our games with any regularity for so long now. It honestly probably caught them genuinely off guard as much as if did Broncos fans.

Hypothetically even if they had wanted to prepare for him what the hell would they have even watched? Games from 2017/2018? The game last week where he stood around out of breath and walking for 80 minutes? The Bulldogs game from last year which was the last time he actually contributed a try assist or line break assist in any of our games?

Last edited:
That's how I remember it as well. They were rightfully upset about the Hodges try in Origin, but then defenders were manipulating the rules and it was abolished after only a few weeks in the 2013 season.

I seem to recall it was a game involving the Wests Tigers and Manly Sea Eagles where they started their crusade to cancel it.

Have they changed the interpretation since 2016? I remember it saving the Broncos against the Cowboys so Green started casting shade on the bunker and suddenly everyone followed suit. Something about how the next day, they actually let a try stand against Gallen because he took an obvious dive against the Titans?

Wait...didn't they change the rule again BECAUSE DCE took an obvious dive against Brisbane to deny them a try in that game where Brisbane produced a comeback of their own in 2017? The game where Trbojevic threw a 5m forward pass and they said yeah that's good? Where was our pity party that night? Regardless the DCE obstruction didn't decide the game, but it showed you the type of gamesmanship DCE was capable of.

I'm confused, where are we Dex?
I'm with you Pete. Confused.
I just do not see how the
Cordner obstruction wasn't called clear obstruction. Boyd's second try was called then Cherry's was not. That's 3 calls and they all went against us and all pretty much the same.
The 6 again rule too has so much obscuraty. We have the equivalent of the rugby union scrum . Nobody knows WTF the call is most of the time.

I honestly have no idea and cannot see what we are doing so differently to be on the wrong side if it every game.

We looked pretty good last year with Dearden and Milford in the halves together and Turps at 9 for the few games they did. Unless I was dreaming but I remember more wins than losses

Our play the balls are so slow. The defence is on us too quickly so the only option is a one out hit up. As soon as Manly went wide, they caused us no end of problems. We just don't do that. I think Staggs was wasted in the 2nd half

I also thought Paix was pretty good for his what, 2nd game? I am also not an Isaako fan. I just don't think he offers any impact from the back. He is slow and lacks footwork.

Ben T'eo? Really? Did I miss something?

Nevertheless, I was impressed with Coates and Herbie and Oates is what we need for our top tier back row

Isaako is so similar to the inform Hoffman. Super reliable and safe, runs hard on kick returns. Offers next to nothing in attack.

though he has a decent not in play kicking game. Huge drop out on the kid.

if the team had good attacking threats in the halves he would be a fine fb but we probably need something a bit more dynamic long term. He’s earned his position for now though, one of the few players who’s effort and fitness can’t be denied.

Yes it is relevant. We are expecting him to perform at the level of his pay packet. You feel sorry for a guy earning a million dollars that isnt performing at such a level? I'm fucking jealous!
I doubt any current NRL player would be able to perform much better under the circumstances and the players around him, no matter the amount on their payslip.

I doubt any current NRL player would be able to perform much better under the circumstances and the players around him, no matter the amount on their payslip.
I'd like to test that theory out. What's the worst that could happen? We miss the finals and dont get belted in the first round and save 1 million in the process?

Milf ran 5 times for 40 odd meters. So much for this running game.

Nonsense. Shit teams are carried by great players all the time. RTS was a literal one man show at the Warriors last season.

It’s apparently just Milford who needs the rest of the team to be playing the house down before he decides to turn up.

We really need a fullback as well, Isaako not doing much wrong but he isn’t bringing much to the roll either. Think he lacks the pace that the best fullback have and don’t see him backing up the forwards. Used to see slater burst through next a forward and not get the ball , but he wouldn’t stop backing up cause he missed out 5 times before

Last edited:
We really need a fullback as well, Isaako not doing much wrong but he isn’t bringing much to the roll either. Think he lacks the pace that the best fullback have and don’t see him backing up the forwards. Used to see slater burst through next a forward and not get the ball , but he wouldn’t stop backing up cause he missed out 5 times before

I hope Niu gets at least one shot back there before our season is over in 18 weeks.

I’m as far from a Manly fan as you can get and I certainly don’t have much time for DCE, but even I could say I’d struggle to remember DCE having too many bad games, let alone a time where he had a poor or even pretty mediocre season.

2015, 2016 and 2018 he was extremely inconsistent and had games where he clearly couldn't be assed and would let players stroll over. I remember a Sydney game in particular where it was just embarrassing, must have been in 2018 and Sydney were just scoring tries like they were against the Broncos.

He got the biccies tonight, but it took blatant cheating of the cap for Manly to right the ship.

Yes it is relevant. We are expecting him to perform at the level of his pay packet. You feel sorry for a guy earning a million dollars that isnt performing at such a level? I'm fucking jealous!

Spoiler: Every team has players that are overpaid.

That's the inherent flaw in signing players to 3+ year contracts. You're essentially signing them based on what they could be worth in a couple of years if they keep improving, not what they're currently worth.

A) It's not the Broncos fault, Milford was viewed as a $1M+ player by everyone after his performances in 2015-17.
B) It's not Milford's fault that he signed that contract, everyone would have.
C) I don't think Milford has become worse as a player since he signed that contract, he was a brilliant running Five-Eighth with the occasional flash of kicking ability. We forced him to become Ben Hunt after we let Hunt go. He's drastically improved his kicking game since Hunt left, but has lost the natural flare that he had prior.

He clearly isn't designed to be a DCE-style game manager and game winner, it's a shame that some inept coaching and recruitment decision making from Bennett led him down that path.

So yeah, I feel sorry for him.

Write your own material champ

jk
Lol. I was so livid at that point I didn’t see it😂

in any case I was trying to work out where the **** the ruck infringements were to continuing gift 6 again sets to Manly. It seems like a complete lottery and is on the whim of the ref to enforce.

I’m crazy enough to break state borders and physically cough at every ref just to bring this farcical “sport” into a grinding halt! 😡

This might sound controversial but I don't think the team should get a pass mark because it was a close loss.

I thought Manly was complete shit the first half and it made Brisbane look better than what they were. They conceded 20 unanswered points and if Manly had played the full 80 it probably would have been another smashing to nill scoreline.

Active Now

• Skyblues87
  • Johnny92
  • Bongo
  • Hurrijo
  • Broncos Maestro
  • Sproj
  • BroncosAlways
  • Pablo
  • bert_lifts
  • I bleed Maroon
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.