Round 5 - Titans vs. Broncos - Post Match Discussion

We'll need a new play now though, teams know about our left hand attack.
The encouraging thing about that for me is that our right hand isn't exactly a bunch of nuffies with the likes of Hodges, Gillett and Prince

I thought Wallace played really well tonight.

Maranta started to learn the the sideline is evil.

Why does Hadley have to go into detail of everything that happens in a game.

I wasn't too impressed with Wallace. He was either just passing to Norman, or running straight into the defence. Still, I'd prefer him in the halves over Prince, and I think Ben Hunt keeps showing that he has to be there too.

Another plus to come from this is Glenn's record as captain, another win for the youngster.

I thought Wallace played really well tonight.

Maranta started to learn the the sideline is evil.

Why does Hadley have to go into detail of everything that happens in a game.

thinks he's calling the melbourne cup on every play ...

Probably his radio background or he doesn't realise we have eyes.

Wallace played fast and direct, his best game so far this year.

Prince had another poor game.

Maranta again should have known where his feet were and he was too slow off the mark.

Hannant had a great game and I don't remember seeing him have a rest?

Norman is getting better each game really showed a deliberate effort to return the ball strongly, only criticism is he looks like he doesn't want to put his body on the line in defense.

Macca again took some wrong options and slow delivery but is slowly working himself into the season.

Hala was strong with limited time and gave us some punch.

Hoffman was good again.

The titans looked very slow out of the blocks and never really picked up, both tries came from just weak defense.

Wallace played fast and direct, his best game so far this year.

Prince had another poor game.

Maranta again should have known where his feet were and he was too slow off the mark.

Hannant had a great game and I don't remember seeing him have a rest?

Norman is getting better each game really showed a deliberate effort to return the ball strongly, only criticism is he looks like he doesn't want to put his body on the line in defense.

Macca again took some wrong options and slow delivery but is slowly working himself into the season.

Hala was strong with limited time and gave us some punch.

Hoffman was good again.

The titans looked very slow out of the blocks and never really picked up, both tries came from just weak defense.

I agree with most of this.

Norman seems scared to put it on the line, and he made a couple of errors early. But he's improving, his kick returns were definitely more purposeful and he found a few gaps. Maybe having his future sorted and off his mind has helped. Just need him to be able to chime into the backline on BOTH sides of the paddock now and we're well set :biggrin:

I disagree that the Titans were never really in it mentally though, I thought they came out strongly in the first 10-15 minutes. I was worried when Hannant, Macca and others looked totally rooted after 10 mins, but they were real strong tonight.

Maranta is still finding his feet in 1st grade I think, he's got improvement in him.

Loved what I saw from Hala, and Lui as well until his injury, poor bugger - he was playing with good energy, I liked his style.

Hoffman was again strong - man he can finish!! Love his work, close to MoM for mine.

Still not sold on Price/Wallace. Hunt wasn't as good as last week but again showed more vision than any of the others. He was the one who pushed Glenn out of dummy 1/2 to create the extra man for Hoffy's 2nd try on the sideline, and he mixed it up a bit. I just like that he's more predictable than the incumbents.

Drop Prince to bench, Hunt + Wallace starting halves, with Wal to hooker when Prince is on to give Macca a breather. Gives Hunt a solid go, and he gets a chance to build combinations with both Wal and Prince - best option IMO, and I'm deadset sold that he needs a chance.

Refs were ordinary without being totally shit. Some disappointing calls at stages but overall not tooooo bad IMO.

Stoked with the boys tonight, was a great effort and they showed last week wasn't just a fluke. Titans always manned up on Hodges, and boy wasn't he getting frustrated haha...might have been part of the reason for the weak left side? In any case, looks good from here on in if we're demonstratably (is that a word?) dangerous on both sides of the park :thumbup1:

Top 8 finish is totally within reach. Just up to the boys whether they want it badly enough or not.

Oh, and "HADLEEEEY'SA WANKER!!"

Last edited:
I just sent an email to Ray on the Continuous Call team website saying.

If Channel 9 sacked you, that would take the Pain Away.

I will never know if he reads it out as QLD doesn't get the Continuous all any more.

Parker - 23 runs for 180m. Legendary, we always seem to have at least 1 forward to lead the way. Always seemed to be one of the first to get off the line in defence too.

Hannant played a massive game too, 15 runs for 146m and 40+ tackles. Hopefully he keeps it up, their work up front is what won us the game IMO, completely dominated the Titans pack.

Loved Hannants pat on the head to Ryan James after he left an acre for Slyney to run into.

Very impressed with the effort not many gave us a chance but we put in a controlled performance and earned ourselves a well deserved win. Looks like our attack is coming together 58 points and 10 tries in 2 games. A top 8 spot can be easily achieved we just need to give our best effort each week. Ive just got 1 more thing to say

SUCK IT TITANS

AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.