Round 5 - Titans vs. Broncos - Pre Match Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ashley Taylor bags a try to make it a hat trick and converts 28-22 win to the Broncos. Sounds like he had a real good game Big Pete. Kicked 4/5 and 3 tries, nice collection even if it is just the NYC.

Last edited:
This puts the NYC Broncos into 5th spot.

Chris Garry certainly thinks so on Twitter.

I still think Timu needs time. I reckon he'll be in the frame come Origin but right now I have too many questions about his technical skills.

Hopefully Taylor is a halfback talent. Still only 17 I think
fingers crossed

THE NRMA Insurance Broncos under-20s have snatched an amazing last-gasp win over the Gold Coast Titans at Skilled Park tonight.
Halfback Ashley Taylor was the hero, galloping 30 metres to score in the corner with a minute left on the clock to grab a 28-22 victory.
It was Taylor’s third try of the night and with four goals he had 20 points of his own.
After the scores were tied 10-all at halftime, Sam Harrold gave the Titans the lead with a try in the 45th minute.
But in the 53rd minute a clever kick found Brett Greinke underneath the posts, and Taylor’s goal gave the Broncos the lead back.
Six minutes later Taylor did it all himself, slicing through to score next to the posts for his second try of the night.
An easy conversion later and the Broncos had a 22-14 lead with 19 minutes remaining.
A great pass put Titans centre Mitch Ardler into a yawning gap and the Broncos lead was cut to four points with 15 minutes to play.
And then Titan Jeremiah Nia tied it up by scoring with seven minutes to play, setting the stage for Taylor’s last-minute heroics.
The Broncos had found the best possible start when they kicked off and hit the Titans’ posts and regathered the ball.
Three tackles later and halfback Taylor strolled over for his first four-pointer a 4-0 lead.
But the Titans hit back in the 12th minute when English winger Matt Russell finished off a long-range movement, Harrold knocking over the conversion for a 6-4 break.
The Titans went further ahead in the 30th minute when big centre Hymel Hunt crashed over out wide to make it 10-4.
The Broncos would level the game up just before halftime when rangy second rower Caleb Timu ran 40 metres to score, pushing off the cover to dive over near the posts.
Taylor slotted the goal for 10-all.
BRISBANE BRONCOS NYC 28 (A Taylor 3, B Greinke, C Timu tries; Taylor 4 goals) defeated GOLD COAST TITANS 22 (M Russell, H Hunt, S Harrold, M Ardler, J Nia tries; Harrold goal) at Skilled Park

Status
Not open for further replies.

Active Now

• Broncorob
  • Broncosgirl
  • Jazza
  • NSW stables
  • phoenix
  • Astro
  • Fatboy
  • Brocko
  • Bucking Beads
  • broncsgoat
  • Dash
  • ivanhungryjak
  • Galah
  • Foordy
  • Strop
  • Mustafur
  • Battler
  • davidp
  • Bongo
  • mrslong
... and 11 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.