PRE-GAME [Round 6, 2022] Panthers vs Broncos

Status
Not open for further replies.
J

Johnny92

NRL Player
Jul 3, 2021
Which is why I’d go with Gamble at 6. He would t be afraid to over call Reynolds if something was on and I think that would help protect Reynolds to an extent on fifth tackles. Defense just rush up on him every time because they know the 6 and 9 won’t kick ever.
Gives that extra option with ball playing aswell, Billy has that run first mentality where as gamble asks alot more questions with ball in hand

theshed

theshed

Just a Game
Aug 28, 2010
Which is why I’d go with Gamble at 6. He would t be afraid to over call Reynolds if something was on and I think that would help protect Reynolds to an extent on fifth tackles. Defense just rush up on him every time because they know the 6 and 9 won’t kick ever.
The game against the roosters was by far the best our attack has looked all year. Leagues ahead of the first 4 rounds. I wouldn’t be changing the spine anytime soon (even Niu should get a few more games).

A second kicker option or a guy over calling Reynolds isn’t where we are at right now. We need to walk before we run and that’s listening to our game manager. Turpin has a good boot and could easily be given key indicators around when to kick (eg 4th tackle, inside our 40, fullback out of position).

Fitzy

Fitzy

NRL Captain
Sep 10, 2018
I’m sorry I don’t think Gamble is our answer. Love the man and respect what he did for us last year. But that’s not needed anymore. We need class in the halves and sadly the classiest we have after Reynolds is Walters. He has a nice running game, doesn’t rely on dumb luck (like Kelly), he defensively holds himself well (I think to his standards he would be quite disappointed with fridays game in that area), He has that left edge on fire really both sides of the ball until that 2nd half when the defense went a little bit for 2 stints. I think Walters had the second best 5/8 performance all year on Friday second to himself. I think he shits on Albert’s performances so far. It just goes to show you guys want a superstar in every position and it just doesn’t work like that. I think he is the perfect stop gap to allow Mam to grow. This team has truely performed 2/2 games he has been in the halves. Coincidence? Possibly but I couldn’t be more impressed with Billy this year from the trials all the way through considering he is a ‘nepotism’ signing.

Cult

Cult

International Rep
Contributor
Oct 17, 2013
Outside of that 1 shocking long pass, Turpin was good tonight. Pretty strange time to call for him to be dropped.
That one pass is enough for him to get dropped, especially considering every other week he's put on a Broncos jersey. It shouldn't have happened.

Sproj

Sproj

Immortal
Senior Staff
Sep 6, 2013
The game against the roosters was by far the best our attack has looked all year. Leagues ahead of the first 4 rounds. I wouldn’t be changing the spine anytime soon (even Niu should get a few more games).

A second kicker option or a guy over calling Reynolds isn’t where we are at right now. We need to walk before we run and that’s listening to our game manager. Turpin has a good boot and could easily be given key indicators around when to kick (eg 4th tackle, inside our 40, fullback out of position).

Oh sure, I agree with you and I should say I have no problem with Walters retaining the spot after the game this week. No one should be dropped, I’m just saying what I would do and I’m not saying it is right either, just my opinion.

theshed

theshed

Just a Game
Aug 28, 2010
Oh sure, I agree with you and I should say I have no problem with Walters retaining the spot after the game this week. No one should be dropped, I’m just saying what I would do and I’m not saying it is right either, just my opinion.
For sure. I appreciate everyone’s opinions and most of them are reasonable. I’m just adding to the discussion by sharing my opinions. Definitely don’t think mine are any more valid than anyone else’s.

I wish anyone in our current team played with the attitude Gamble does.

Jason Simmons

Jason Simmons

NRL Captain
Apr 18, 2013
When was the last time Macca got a barge over? It became a meme because it never worked

Turpin’s kicking game is there and he’s used it well at times, but with someone like Reynolds at 7 it’d take a brave man to choose to kick yourself
Not that I am defending Macca because we let him go for good reason.

But, he has 34 tries accredited to him, in his career so that move worked. Certainly not every time but he got something out of it. If Turpin gets close to 34 NRL tries in his career I’ll eat my hat. He doesn’t seem to even have a move that occasionally works in his repertoire…

Unfortunately we forgot about the bit of actually replacing Macca with someone better…

winslow_wong

winslow_wong

International Captain
May 27, 2013
We play the panthers, in Penrith?

Scared Jurassic Park GIF

LittleDavey

LittleDavey

NRL Captain
Mar 25, 2013
Week 1 of the finals.

Souths showed how to beat Penrith.

Yup. We've also been unlucky against them the past few games as well, have really gotten under their skin and pushed them. I have faith!!

...not a lot, mind you, but some!

NSW stables

NSW stables

NRL Player
May 3, 2019
Tesi on Friday night is going to remind me of that dude from The Benchwarmers that's scared of the sun whenever Tesi is seeing that torpedo go up.

day s reactions GIF
I think poor oates will pick up a few errors as I can see him running into try and cover tesi's avoidance of bombs.

Corey might not have the best hands but at least he will give it a crack.

Kooly87

Kooly87

NRL Captain
Jun 2, 2017
Obviously it would never happen realistically, but geez it would be nice to just raid the feeder clubs for just this week to go and get ourselves the safest, most no nonsense Fullback we can find to play the game against Cleary. We don’t need fireworks, just no errors and at least we can hopefully keep ourselves competitive.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Unread

Active Now

• something
  • Mustafur
  • pennywisealfie
  • rnabokov
  • Brocko
  • Sproj
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.