Support Play
/ Set Completion /
Penalties (Conceded)
Set Restarts
Errors

Player Stats

# T Pts TA LB TB OFF Ta MT IT Pos DR K KM M E P
# T Pts TA LB TB OFF Ta MT IT Pos DR K KM M E P

Not saying we can’t, saying we shouldn’t as far as using our cap in a balanced way across the squad goes.
I think we could save a lot of money doing what you suggested. I do think we dont have enough difference in our props. Pat and Payne do the same job, which is fine if you have say Palasia and Hetherington offereing something really different but they arent. Palasia is just another work horse and so is Hetherington, he is a tackling machine. Something has to change.

I actually think James impact has been diminishing on the other blokes in game.

I noticed in the first couple of games James was talking a lot, organising and keeping the other forwards focused and it was working great. He was playing more for the team than himself but now i'm wondering if he is trying to have more impact in his own game and he's not quite doing the same things he was. He is still doing it to a point, and I dont think its intentional, but maybe he's just trying to increase his output and its taking a little something away from other areas of his game. Without going back and just watching how we used him and what he was doing i cant be sure i'm even right, just the impression i've been getting.

His rushing up and not touching anyone and leaving a huge hole doesn’t count as a missed tackle though. Kennedy was garbage. Worst on field.
Ha ha ha , of course the defence shouldn't come forward! Lazy **** next to him just logs and gets caught flat footed. Kennedy went pretty well.

Provided as much go forward in 37 mins, 90 metres as did James and Riki combined!!! Combined they played 114 mins and ran for the SAME metres.

If you want worst on ground James by a country mile.
Looking for blame??
Here's the facts on the forwards,
Capewell AND Riki combined.
80 min, 111 m, 59 t, 7 missed, 2 errors
Hetherington
43 min, 80 m, 28 t, 4 missed, 0 errors
Robati
57 min, 80 m, 33 t, 3 missed , 2 errors
James
35 min, 53 m, 25 t, 4 missed, 0 errors

Riki in particular was ordinary.
80 MIN 39 METRES 35T 5 MISSES 2 ERRORS !!!!!!

Most of our forwards were beaten with Capewell,Riki,Hetherington,James and Robati all putting up poor numbers.

The above is pretty awful. The combined total for these five with metres made, mistakes made and tackles missed is damning.

325 m go forward
18 missed tackles
4 errors

All five of these were worse than Kennedy. He made more metres than
One mistake, 90 metres, 32 t ,2 misses in just 37 minutes

Watch a highlight reel .
The opposition hit the ball out of his hands as he went to put it down !!
Many players would have scored that. Wasn't easy. Wasn't impossible either. It wasn't hit out intentionally, was contact with the legs due to the way he caught it as he was diving.

Staggs should be working on his ball control as this is not an isolated event, even by recent standards. Granted this was probably the hardest of the recent drops. It was still a blown try.

Massive fan of you always being wrong but thinking you’re right.
Thanks for the attempted history lesson but my point is Turpin is playing how Kevvie has directed him to play. And Paix likewise. You're not even disagreeing, but trying to convince me of something that's not even relevant to my point but something that belongs in the dustbin of time.

I don't care if Turpin played hooker in nappies and never ran even to collect his birthday present from the mailman. He's doing as he's told right now.

Ha ha ha , of course the defence shouldn't come forward! Lazy **** next to him just logs and gets caught flat footed. Kennedy went pretty well.

Provided as much go forward in 37 mins, 90 metres as did James and Riki combined!!! Combined they played 114 mins and ran for the SAME metres.

If you want worst on ground James by a country mile.
Looking for blame??
Here's the facts on the forwards,
Capewell AND Riki combined.
80 min, 111 m, 59 t, 7 missed, 2 errors
Hetherington
43 min, 80 m, 28 t, 4 missed, 0 errors
Robati
57 min, 80 m, 33 t, 3 missed , 2 errors
James
35 min, 53 m, 25 t, 4 missed, 0 errors

Riki in particular was ordinary.
80 MIN 39 METRES 35T 5 MISSES 2 ERRORS !!!!!!

Most of our forwards were beaten with Capewell,Riki,Hetherington,James and Robati all putting up poor numbers.

The above is pretty awful. The combined total for these five with metres made, mistakes made and tackles missed is damning.

325 m go forward
18 missed tackles
4 errors

All five of these were worse than Kennedy. He made more metres than
One mistake, 90 metres, 32 t ,2 misses in just 37 minutes

Kennedy made one handling error and 1 error according to statistics. He also made less contact meters from more running meters than Hetherington and Robati. The only comparable forward he outperformed statistically in go forward was James.

You shouldnt really be comparing a prop to an edge back rower anyway as they play totally different roles and have totally different expectations about what their game should be.

Palasia’s fault.

Is this a meme or something I've missed? Been seeing a bunch of random Palasia one-liners, especially in the live game chat last night...

I must say I’m surprised how toxic some of you blokes are in here didn’t know I was speaking too bellends but you guys are all old farts

...pretty sure it was this guy. Anyway, thought he was pretty good again last night, unless we're blaming the loss on his one handling error down their end. 18 runs, 186 metres, 71 PCM in 60 minutes. If we can work out an effective middle rotation between Haas, Carrigan, Palasia, Jensen, Flegler, and Hetherington, with Willison to maybe come into the mix once he's back as well, we'll be doing pretty well.

Kennedy made one handling error and 1 error according to statistics. He also made less contact meters from more running meters than Hetherington and Robati. The only comparable forward he outperformed statistically in go forward was James.

You shouldnt really be comparing a prop to an edge back rower anyway as they play totally different roles and have totally different expectations about what their game should be.
Was that handling error the one where he offloaded right into the bread basket of that panthers player standing still beside him?

Was that handling error the one where he offloaded right into the bread basket of that panthers player standing still beside him?

Nah that was Kennedy I think. Palasia's one was in their 20m and was early in a repeat set from memory. Didn't really see what happened but the ball came out as he was going to ground.

With the continual comparison between Turpin and Paix, i think we have to face the fact that they are both useless. Both are slow as a wet week and neither have any deceptiveness with their ball playing abilities.
With Reyno also being slow,we desperately need speed in the 6 and 9 positions to give the opposition something to worry about.
I know defence wins games but we really need to score lots more points to put opposition teams under pressure. And as we know, the more pressure they're under the more mistakes they make. We may even start to get some 50/50 calls to start going our way.
I'm starting to lose my confidence in Kev, even though I'm trying hard to give him the benefit of the doubt . The whole team needs a rocket under them, to be honest as they just don't seem to be getting any smarter.
You'd have to say they're as dumb as dog shit, except that's probably an insult to dog shit..
paix slow ?

Thanks for the attempted history lesson but my point is Turpin is playing how Kevvie has directed him to play. And Paix likewise. You're not even disagreeing, but trying to convince me of something that's not even relevant to my point but something that belongs in the dustbin of time.

I don't care if Turpin played hooker in nappies and never ran even to collect his birthday present from the mailman. He's doing as he's told right now.
are you seriously blaming Kevvie for Turpin being shit ?

I am convinced half of you blokes switch channels when we have to defend, most of you think a good NRL player involves setting up tries and that's it. Paix comes on to the field and we open up, but he's the answer.. right?

I don't see anyone saying he's the answer, in fact I see many saying that neither he nor Turps are the answer. People are saying he offers better service than Turps, which I fully agree with.

are you seriously blaming Kevvie for Turpin being shit ?
No, you're saying he's shit. I'm saying if he's not running the ball, it's because Kevvie doesn't want him to run the ball. I'm backing that up by pointing out that Paix played by the same book.

Sure sure, apples and oranges and RK was far superior to James as a bench prop. Huh? Robati? He made a dreadful 80 metres in 56min, 20 mins longer than RK. I know props and backrowers and differing roles but we should look at what our forwards as a whole provide. A fair comparison is our forwards versus theirs.

Then you identity who provides go forward and solid defence.
Like that baseball movie, Moneyball you get forwards to share a workload and cancel out the other teams forwards.

Last night Penrith shared it's forward work around. Their two props, two second rowers, two bench props and lock forward combined for 1,056 metres.
Our lot??
684 metres. Apples and apples.

We didn't cancel them out but where we really got smashed was in the second row and lock. Our pair, Capewell and Riki combined plus Hetherington made just 191 metres in contrast to Penriths 415!!

AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.