Contributor
Aug 25, 2018
You can't unsee this:

Screenshot 2022 04 16 at 16 22 21 NRL PHYSIO on Twitter

NSW stables

NSW stables

NRL Player
May 3, 2019

To me it looks like he is dropping his body weight on the back of walters legs which was the definition about 2-3 weeks ago. But because cleary does that, it has somehow changed.

Not only does he do that, but traps walters leg to make it even more dangerous.

But yes this is definutely comparable to an accidental hair pull. **** the nrl are useless *****.

McHunt

McHunt

International Rep
Contributor
Aug 25, 2018
To me it looks like he is dropping his body weight on the back of walters legs which was the definition about 2-3 weeks ago. But because cleary does that, it has somehow changed.

Not only does he do that, but traps walters leg to make it even more dangerous.

But yes this is definutely comparable to an accidental hair pull. **** the nrl are useless *****.
Yeah, I don't get it. It's clearly dangerous, and careless at best. I don't know what he should be charged with, but I'm just glad Billy didn't get his leg snapped in half.

BroncosFever

BroncosFever

State of Origin Rep
Jun 6, 2014
Yeah, I don't get it. It's clearly dangerous, and careless at best. I don't know what he should be charged with, but I'm just glad Billy didn't get his leg snapped in half.

It's clearly a trip, not your textbook one as he we was trying to grapple him to ground at the same time but he has clearly used his leg there to put him off balance and bring him to ground

Allo

Allo

International Rep
Forum Staff
Sep 28, 2012
Shame we can't get these guys and gal officiating a bit more then.

No we really don’t. Sharpe is hands-down the worst official in the game. Absolutely blind as a touchie and teams lose games on her whistle

Strop

Strop

NRL Player
Contributor
Feb 28, 2015
Your filter: Turpin is "shit" but got made captain and keeps being picked each week. The coach can't see how "shit" he is.

My filter: Turpin plays according to Kevvie's instructions, which brings him favour with the coach. Paix played to the same style, according to the coach's instructions. At the beginning of the season, the coach impressed on the need for defence first, everything else later.

Which filter best describes reality?
I think in both scenarios it just might be the coach that is the problem.

McHunt

McHunt

International Rep
Contributor
Aug 25, 2018
Flegler would get 6 weeks for that.
It's clearly a trip, not your textbook one as he we was trying to grapple him to ground at the same time but he has clearly used his leg there to put him off balance and bring him to ground
Yes a guy who is trying to move forward is in a sideways position, totally Billy's fault.
He's been charged with grade one dangerous contact but it looks more like a grade 2 dangerous throw to me. There's a massive difference in the suspension between these two:

Huge

Huge

International Rep
Contributor
Mar 7, 2008
I'm not usually a Kennedy basher, but i thought that was one of the worst games i've seen him play for Brisbane. I thought our entire bench was poor if i'm honest. Robati and James offered even less than Kennedy
Really? I'd say watch it again and he did precious little wrong. The offload didn't look good but that aside he tackled well 32/34 and 90 metres. Really cannot see how bad that is supposed to be. What am I missing? Where else did he go wrong? Found his front quicker than just about all the other forwards, made post contact metres, quick ptb's so what else have I missed?

McHunt

McHunt

International Rep
Contributor
Aug 25, 2018
I think in both scenarios it just might be the coach that is the problem.
I guess it depends whether you see Turpin not running as a problem. Looks to me like Kevvie just wants the ball shifted to Reynolds or his son, and to leave the thinking (running) up to them.

I bleed Maroon

I bleed Maroon

International Rep
Apr 17, 2013
I guess it depends whether you see Turpin not running as a problem. Looks to me like Kevvie just wants the ball shifted to Reynolds or his son, and to leave the thinking (running) up to them.

Gee there's a shock.

Sproj

Sproj

Immortal
Senior Staff
Sep 6, 2013
He's been charged with grade one dangerous contact but it looks more like a grade 2 dangerous throw to me. There's a massive difference in the suspension between these two:

Which isn't surprising. The inconsistency between charges is symptomatic of the entire organisation.

Wolfie

Wolfie

International Captain
Jan 14, 2015
Really? I'd say watch it again and he did precious little wrong. The offload didn't look good but that aside he tackled well 32/34 and 90 metres. Really cannot see how bad that is supposed to be. What am I missing? Where else did he go wrong? Found his front quicker than just about all the other forwards, made post contact metres, quick ptb's so what else have I missed?

Not doing much wrong doesnt mean you played well either. Look at the amount of times their forwards drove him backwards. I mentioned it in the live game chat, he was getting driven back like Tesi gets pushed back. Every single one of our bench players were poor imo. Not one had a positive impact on the game for us

I've seen him play much better and have way more impact than he did last night. He was like a prop version of Billy Walters.

Active Now

• Swordfish
  • Astro
  • Fitzy
  • Allo
  • Foordy
  • Sproj
  • BroncosAlways
  • Wolfie
  • Brocko
  • I bleed Maroon
  • Lostboy
  • Hurrijo
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.