Player Stats

# T Pts TA LB TB OFF Ta MT IT Pos DR K KM M E P
# T Pts TA LB TB OFF Ta MT IT Pos DR K KM M E P

abashii

abashii

NRL Player
Contributor
Jul 14, 2014
If Flegler had done that he'd have been binned while the commentators panned his stupidity, rubbished in the media afterwards and ended up copping a month. There's no consistency in the judiciary nor is there even the superficial appearance of it.

Huge

Huge

International Rep
Contributor
Mar 7, 2008
I actually dont mind him, but i think he was poor last night. He got driven back in tackles a fair but. When you hear @Huge talk about him as this solid, low error, meter making, no tackle missing, cheap moneyball type forward you would think Bellamy would jump at the chance of having a player like that at the Storm. Only he let him go from the Storm so there is clearly something he doesnt think is right with him.
Once, not a fair bit. Melbourne let him go, right! That's it then. Jesus, he played in the juniors when he was playing down there, an 18/19 year old! Bellamy probably didn't even know him. He wasn't let go from the Storm😂 he was still 5 years away from a first start at Souths in 2019.

Strop

Strop

NRL Player
Contributor
Feb 28, 2015
I guess it depends whether you see Turpin not running as a problem. Looks to me like Kevvie just wants the ball shifted to Reynolds or his son, and to leave the thinking (running) up to them.
Sure, structure and sticking to a coach‘s plan are critical, but when opportunity opens up in front of you, common sense says to take it, surely?

Jedhead

Jedhead

State of Origin Rep
Contributor
Jan 8, 2018

When he did the shoulder charge last year against the Dragons the NSW commentators were quick to downplay the seriousness by saying "It's not in his game". last night the first thing druggy Johns said was "It's not in his game though". On both occasions he did it so it was plain and simple obviously "in his game".

The one rule for the golden NSW boys and another for those filthy Queenslander teams is stretching my patience and really turning my stomach over the game I once loved.

I'm close to the stage where I'll find it impossible to buy into the NRL narrative, let alone follow my team.

Deadset! a $1000 fine for this shitfuckery is obscene.

GCBRONCO

GCBRONCO

International Captain
Mar 4, 2008
When he did the shoulder charge last year against the Dragons the NSW commentators were quick to downplay the seriousness by saying "It's not in his game". last night the first thing druggy Johns said was "It's not in his game though". On both occasions he did it so it was plain and simple obviously "in his game".

The one rule for the golden NSW boys and another for those filthy Queenslander teams is stretching my patience and really turning my stomach over the game I once loved.

I'm close to the stage where I'll find it impossible to buy into the NRL narrative, let alone follow my team.

Deadset! a $1000 fine for this shitfuckery is obscene.
But I think your missing the point.

"It's not in his game"

Wolfie

Wolfie

International Captain
Jan 14, 2015
Once, not a fair bit. Melbourne let him go, right! That's it then. Jesus, he played in the juniors when he was playing down there, an 18/19 year old! Bellamy probably didn't even know him. He wasn't let go from the Storm😂 he was still 5 years away from a first start at Souths in 2019.

You seem incapable of being rational about him. Explain to me if he does everything you say he does, why isnt he playing every week for a club like Melbourne. Your description of him is the blueprint of what they look for in a player. Why would they let him go? And when he couldnt break into the side at the Rabbits, why didnt they go back for him then?

I think you must be deluded about his release from Melbourne, Explain to me what happened there then, did he just leave the Storm by choice to go and play reserve grade for the Cutters? And he would have been 20, maybe 21 when the Storm released him. Bellamy would have know all about him. Its his job to know which players are good enough for him and which arent.

McHunt

McHunt

International Rep
Contributor
Aug 25, 2018
Sure, structure and sticking to a coach‘s plan are critical, but when opportunity opens up in front of you, common sense says to take it, surely?
Oh, I agree. I think the opposition knowing Jake's always going to pass it is a huge disadvantage. The same way I think the opposition knowing Herbie will never pass it is a huge disadvantage. In both cases, it's the opposite of being in "two minds." It's the opposite of being sold a dummy. It's fooling no one.

But for some reason it doesn't seem to bother the coach. Go figure.

McHunt

McHunt

International Rep
Contributor
Aug 25, 2018
There is 100% intent to Do that, zero mistake about it.
I really don't think it was Nathan's intent to break his leg, but penalties distinguish between careless and reckless, and this to me, was very dangerous, and probably more reckless than careless.

Which isn't surprising. The inconsistency between charges is symptomatic of the entire organisation.
The difference between Judiciary/Match Review Committee and Integrity is the former is transparent; the latter is shadowy, mysterious and purely reactive.

The penalties are all laid out here and they do take the time to explain why the charges have been determined, and we know who makes the decisions, but we don't all agree on them.

He definitely got off lightly, but ultimately and thankfully, no one got hurt. And in fairness to Nathan you wouldn't expect him to rush out and do this again. Unlike TPJ, Lodge and Flegler.

Galah

Galah

State of Origin Rep
Mar 28, 2019
I really don't think it was Nathan's intent to break his leg, but penalties distinguish between careless and reckless, and this to me, was very dangerous, and probably more reckless than careless.

The difference between Judiciary/Match Review Committee and Integrity is the former is transparent; the latter is shadowy, mysterious and purely reactive.

The penalties are all laid out here and they do take the time to explain why the charges have been determined, and we know who makes the decisions, but we don't all agree on them.

He definitely got off lightly here, but ultimately and thankfully, no one got hurt, and in fairness to Nathan you wouldn't expect him to rush out and do this again. Unlike TPJ, Lodge and Flegler.
His intent was an illegal tackle.

McHunt

McHunt

International Rep
Contributor
Aug 25, 2018
His intent was an illegal tackle.
It gets a bit iffy when you try to read someone's mind. That's why they have "reckless" and "careless" instead. The issue in this case is the grading. It seems more than a 1 to me. But I'm sure someone will come on the tele at some point and explain why it's not.

Galah

Galah

State of Origin Rep
Mar 28, 2019
It gets a bit iffy when you try to read someone's mind. That's why they have "reckless" and "careless" instead. The issue in this case is the grading. It seems more than a 1 to me. But I'm sure someone will come on the tele at some point and explain why it's not.
His daddy

HarryAllan7

HarryAllan7

QCup Player
Jul 20, 2017
The fans couldn’t care less what grade it gets defined as, it just has to be consistent.

We have to sit here and watch one set of rules and standards applied to some teams, and other teams are completely immune from all rules, restrictions and repercussions of their actions.

It’s getting sickeningly obvious that V’Landys is trying to emulate an NBA / MLB style competition with 2-3 ‘super’ dynasty-style teams. 3 teams of megastars that everyone get behind because they’re constantly successful is a better business proposition than an even 16 team competition with fewer individual standouts and star teams… it’s not a sport anymore, it’s just a spectacle.

Huge

Huge

International Rep
Contributor
Mar 7, 2008
You seem incapable of being rational about him. Explain to me if he does everything you say he does, why isnt he playing every week for a club like Melbourne. Your description of him is the blueprint of what they look for in a player. Why would they let him go? And when he couldnt break into the side at the Rabbits, why didnt they go back for him then?

I think you must be deluded about his release from Melbourne, Explain to me what happened there then, did he just leave the Storm by choice to go and play reserve grade for the Cutters? And he would have been 20, maybe 21 when the Storm released him. Bellamy would have know all about him. Its his job to know which players are good enough for him and which arent.
Thing is, at 19 or 20 you may not have put your best efforts forward. He was a kid ffs so who knows why, could be a dozen reasons why he didn't perform THEN. Chiefly being an immature kid but he's grown as we all do. Southside might have had a battalion of forwards there in 2019 and Souths might not have been able to give him more time, who knows?

I'm hardly irrational and am perfectly capable of reasonable discussion but I have asked you to explain what RK did wrong? Why not just point to them so I can rewatch it. Who knows, maybe it's something I missed but please back it up with times in the match.

Wolfie

Wolfie

International Captain
Jan 14, 2015
Thing is, at 19 or 20 you may not have put your best efforts forward. He was a kid ffs so who knows why, could be a dozen reasons why he didn't perform THEN. Chiefly being an immature kid but he's grown as we all do. Southside might have had a battalion of forwards there in 2019 and Souths might not have been able to give him more time, who knows?

I'm hardly irrational and am perfectly capable of reasonable discussion but I have asked you to explain what RK did wrong? Why not just point to them so I can rewatch it. Who knows, maybe it's something I missed but please back it up with times in the match.

Its Melbourne. Look at how they develop players. If they see something in them, they keep them. Its nothing to do with if he was performing or not. If they see something in a player, they work with them, they send them to the Falcons or the Tigers and let them develop. Its been done over and over by them. No way would Bellamy get rid of a moneyball player, its what they thrive on.

And i've said what i think, not just Kennedy, but the whole bench did wrong. They made no impact, they didnt change the game. In the scheme of things they all did very little wrong. They all just came on and kind of did nothing. Its like i said, sometimes just not doing anything badly wrong doesnt mean you played well either. To quote the kids, they were all just a bit " meh"

Sproj

Sproj

Immortal
Senior Staff
Sep 6, 2013
Ok, tell me I'm dreaming here but in the highlights at around 2.08, the ref calls surrender VERY clearly and then immediately penalises the Broncos for taking advantage of the call. Subsequently, Palasia ends up in the bin (probably fairly, you can't do that these days). So what am I missing here? Why did Brisbane get penalised for following the very clear call?

Big Pete

Big Pete

International Captain
Mar 12, 2008
Ok, tell me I'm dreaming here but in the highlights at around 2.08, the ref calls surrender VERY clearly and then immediately penalises the Broncos for taking advantage of the call. Subsequently, Palasia ends up in the bin (probably fairly, you can't do that these days). So what am I missing here? Why did Brisbane get penalised for following the very clear call?

Notice how Paix arrives marginally late?

Flop.

It was such a ticky tack call but because the referee has to make their presence felt of course they blew it right up.

And boy did they blow it up.

Active Now

• GCBRONCO
  • Jazza
  • Nerd
  • Galco
  • Waynesaurus
  • winslow_wong
  • Fatboy
  • bazza
  • bb_gun
  • Dash
  • Mr Fourex
  • Xzei
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.