Errors

Player Stats

# T Pts TA LB TB OFF Ta MT IT Pos DR K KM M E P
# T Pts TA LB TB OFF Ta MT IT Pos DR K KM M E P

Morepudding

Morepudding

NRL Captain
Dec 16, 2015
Penrith just too good and as per usual just too many silly errors from us.

Can Cobbo go one game without being forced into touch early in the tackle count?

As soon as the calls start to go against us the younger players drop their heads. Kevvie and Reynolds just have to keep at em in training and warn them that most calls will go against us and to expect it and ignore it.

I like Hoeter, has some football smarts and a bit of pace. The experiment with Walters at 6 isn't working and time for him to start at 9 and give Gamble a few games at 6.

Same as last week, minimal errors in the first half and we look good then in the second half unforced errors and stupid mistakes gifts the game to the opposition.

Saying that a good effort considering we were missing Haas and Farnworth and Nui injured early causing a reshuffle.

Also how much of a fuxktard is Ennis in commentary. Our first half defence on our line was great but all dickhead Ennis could talk about was Penrith. Watched nearly the entire second half on mute and it was much better.
I definitely like Walters to 9 and Gamble to 6. Have walters start at 9 and bring Paix on for spark. Walters also provides cover in the halves of someone is injured. Turpin needs to **** off completely.

Jedhead

Jedhead

State of Origin Rep
Contributor
Jan 8, 2018
Considering we were three top line props down our forwards did an admiral job against the reigning premiers who were also given some real soft 6 agains to ensure they put us under pressure.

Skip Walters is trying his heart out but his pop gun runs are not threatening any side. He needs to go to the bench and let Gamble have ago. At least he has a bit more muscle to make a difference.

Shame we lost Tesi as our shape looked good up u til then.

Reynolds 3
Palasia 2
Oates 1

Palasia gets two for that facepalm to Edwards the only reason he never got three was because it was not Luai.

Big Pete

Big Pete

International Captain
Mar 12, 2008
He held the ball - he shouldn't have been penalised for it but made a bad judgement call to hold the ball.
Last week it was the hipcheck on the chaser.
In previous weeks it's been laying in the ruck.
He keeps putting us under pressure needlessly - often on the last bloody tackle!
Damned if you do, damned if you don't. Don't wrap up the football and allow the offload for a Panthers try everyone is going off their rocker and deservedly so. Give Manu a clear passage at Tesi and we're whinging about the lack of protection.

I'd have to see both of them again to be sure, but I'm pretty sure there was some gamesmanship involved with both.

Morepudding

Morepudding

NRL Captain
Dec 16, 2015
the scoreline didn't reflect that our performance that game. if we play the way we did the last two weeks, we beat most teams in the comp.

3. ARey
2. Staggs
1. Jensen

Oates, Cobbo, Nui get honourable mentions
Cobbo!? He was awful. Did nothing good once he went to fullback. Running out on first is unforgivable. Bloke does it every week. Just how dumb are these guys

Super Freak

Super Freak

International Captain
Forum Staff
Jan 25, 2014
Can we bring back Griffin?

At least we were playing finals under him..

Skathen

Skathen

NRL Player
Contributor
Feb 25, 2015
Kev "I'm ok with where we're at"
blink-182 wtf GIF

N

nopatience101

NRL Captain
Mar 4, 2008
We had no ball in the second half, everything went Penrith way, the PTB was one speed for them, and another for us. Before it blew out in the second half there was a distinct moment, we had fielded a grubber and were working it out on first tackle and Yeo held down for an enternity, and it was just ignored. It was easily slower than any of the dozen penalties Penrith were given throughout the game. That is what happens in the nrl now, thanks to the arbitrary nature of the 6again rule, the dominant teams are given leeway while the “lesser” sides are punished, usually for less.

Skathen

Skathen

NRL Player
Contributor
Feb 25, 2015
I'd have to see both of them again to be sure, but I'm pretty sure there was some gamesmanship involved with both.
I'm sure you're right - but it's going against us and we need to fix it up so we're not in those positions.

Nerd

Nerd

QCup Player
Sep 27, 2020
We had no ball in the second half, everything went Penrith way, the PTB was one speed for them, and another for us. Before it blew out in the second half there was a distinct moment, we had fielded a grubber and were working it out on first tackle and Yeo held down for an enternity, and it was just ignored. It was easily slower than any of the dozen penalties Penrith were given throughout the game. That is what happens in the nrl now, thanks to the arbitrary nature of the 6again rule, the dominant teams are given leeway while the “lesser” sides are punished, usually for less.
You nailed it. Time to bring back Sydney and Brisbane based refs to even out and improve the current officiating. With a good profit last year there is no excuse why it can't be done.

J

Johnny92

NRL Player
Jul 3, 2021
Nui was good tonight before injury, the fact they didn't kick to him and he didn't have to make defence plays on our line meant we seen the best of him.
Cobbo done very well at taking the high balls, massive improvement with his handling the last 2 weeks.
Oatesy vintage again.
Staggs has found his form just needs to find his hands when he's scoring a try, Hoeter also didn't look out of place.
Reynolds brilliant with his kicking game but he really needs some help from his 6, we need some more creativity there. I like Billy but he's better at 14 or 9.
Jensen and Palasia carried the forwards our bench really let us down.

Despite the score I was happy with most of that, seemed like we barely had the ball most of the second half. With our full strength team we go close or win that.

Aldo

Aldo

What, me worry?
Contributor
Jul 7, 2013
We need smarter footy players not older ones.

our scouting is shit and our coaches are equally shit.
Just watching both team's warmups, Penrith looked organised and sharp whereas ours looked a bit of a rabble. Obviously don't see the whole lot on TV, but it was something that stuck out to me. For instance we had Cartwright and Ballin in their collared shirts and jeans warming them up. Just didn't look right.

S

Slippin Jimmy

QCup Player
Jun 8, 2017
I'm not seeing the same positives others are here. We've been capable of matching it with good teams for patches over the last 2 years, but the issue has been we capitulate and leak a **** ton of points.

I'll cut the boys some slack because of the injuries, but a couple of those tries we conceded were reminiscent of some 2020 efforts.

Thank God we have the Dogs next week.

Aldo

Aldo

What, me worry?
Contributor
Jul 7, 2013
We need to start converting our chances. If Staggs scores and a few other chances go our way, we were right in it. We seem to bomb two or three chances against these good sides early and then we struggle.

Active Now

• Howie
  • Seibs
  • GCBRONCO
  • Strop
  • Stix
  • Wolfie
  • Financeguy
  • Broncorob
  • LittleDavey
  • Spooky1013
  • Bucking Beads
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.