Contributor
May 5, 2016
We need to win two of the next four.

Super Freak

Super Freak

International Captain
Forum Staff
Jan 25, 2014
Broncos need to do whatever it takes to get Bellamy up here as an assistant coach or mentoring Kevvie.

He needs help.

Skathen

Skathen

NRL Player
Contributor
Feb 25, 2015
We get our first pick squad back and we give them a decent run for their money tonight. Tesi was actually ok until he blew his hammy, he may have been in for his second if he didn't blow it as he was quicker than Cleary and not much further behind him.

Staggs is getting there, better catching and he'll be earning his dollars again.

Same issue as previous seasons though, we start building combinations, start finding form, and key players either suspended or down with injury.

Panthers were what missing To'o and Leota from their first string side? We seem to be consistently missing multiple players.

Ryan James keeps getting picked and keeps stinking it up with missed tackles and carries that make the last two seasons of Lexi look like a meter eater. He seriously needs to go if we're going to get better.

Kennedy continues to frustrate. He'll put in some weeks and other weeks cost us the game. Glad he's off to superleague. We need to find the quiet achievers who just don't make errors.

N

nopatience101

NRL Captain
Mar 4, 2008
You nailed it. Time to bring back Sydney and Brisbane based refs to even out and improve the current officiating. With a good profit last year there is no excuse why it can't be done.
It’s just an ingrained bias, like they think because one team has been dominant over the last few years they can’t be doing anything wrong. It’s worse with the one referee, at least with the pocket ref there was sort of a consultative approach to it.

Galah

Galah

State of Origin Rep
Mar 28, 2019
If we loose to bulldogs is that it for Kevin? I know me personally I’ve given up on him. I get they won’t fire him this season, but surely they’re keeping an eye on who can replace him. There is only so long you can blame handling errors, our defence lasts for 40 mins and crumbles.

Jedhead

Jedhead

State of Origin Rep
Contributor
Jan 8, 2018
Cobbo!? He was awful. Did nothing good once he went to fullback. Running out on first is unforgivable. Bloke does it every week. Just how dumb are these guys
He never ran out. He was pushed by a player who was offside. He should have been given a penalty, but Broncos.

Wolfie

Wolfie

International Captain
Jan 14, 2015
Matto at the eels? He has barely been able to hold down a spot even with his freakish skill.
He has been a regular there. They have the forwards to rotate their edge back rowers more than us. Niukore, Papalií, Lane and Matterson all get plenty of gametime. The only time i think he got his gametime reduced last year was after that really bad concussion he had and it took him a while to get his form back a bit like Papenhauzen.

ZTop

ZTop

State of Origin Captain
Contributor
Feb 28, 2016
SmartSelect 20220415 223754 Chrome

This is an suprisingly accurate headline🤣

Skathen

Skathen

NRL Player
Contributor
Feb 25, 2015
He never ran out. He was pushed by a player who was offside. He should have been given a penalty, but Broncos.
He also needs a season or two playing fullback in ISC if that's where he's going to make his home for us. Our spine is not so strong that we can support such an inexperienced player in that critical role.

There's a lot to like about Selwyn, we should work hard on figuring out where he needs to play.

We can carry an inexperienced winger potentially - but I'd be putting Mead back there if he's knee? comes good.

Accept

Accept

NRL Captain
Sep 27, 2016
A really good first half as they really took it to Penrith for a bit there and had them concerned for a brief moment. ARey dictated that game early and thank God that Kevvie didn't pay attention to BHQ's cries of "drop that fucking Staggs". He is again the best centre in the game and is Origin bound.

Predictably, Penrith ran away with a 28-6 scoreline in the second half and ended up amassing 2100 running mtrs which is diabolical but typical of what we have seen these past 3-4 years. Some positive signs out there tonight though. Staggs ARey, Palasia, Oates were terrific. Riki amassed another whopping 39 mtrs to add to his 5 missed tackles. Definitely need more from him. Hoeter had a good debut, didn't embarrass himself out there. The 6, 9 and 1 positions continue to be a massive Achilles heal.

ZTop

ZTop

State of Origin Captain
Contributor
Feb 28, 2016
Matto at the eels? He has barely been able to hold down a spot even with his freakish skill.
To be fair, it would be difficult for anything to take the left second rower position off the goat himself - lane

Wolfie

Wolfie

International Captain
Jan 14, 2015
A really good first half as they really took it to Penrith for a bit there and had them concerned for a brief moment. ARey dictated that game early and thank God that Kevvie didn't pay attention to BHQ's cries of "drop that fucking Staggs". He is again the best centre in the game and is Origin bound.

Predictably, Penrith ran away with a 28-6 scoreline in the second half and ended up amassing 2100 running mtrs which is diabolical but typical of what we have seen these past 3-4 years. Some positive signs out there tonight though. Staggs ARey, Palasia, Oates were terrific. Riki amassed another whopping 39 mtrs to add to his 5 missed tackles. Definitely need more from him. Hoeter had a good debut, didn't embarrass himself out there. The 6, 9 and 1 positions continue to be a massive Achilles heal.
I still think he deserved dropping, but the criticism has clearly given him a kick in the backside. I still dont think his all round game is anywhere near Manu for example, so i wouldnt say he is the best center in the game. I'd take Olam and Manu off the top of my head over him.

Active Now

• Allo
  • lynx000
  • Mightybroncs2k17
  • Lurker
  • BroncosAlways
  • Porthoz
  • RolledOates
  • PNG Broncos fan88
  • GCBRONCO
  • Jazza
  • Sproj
  • Stix
  • Harry Sack
  • broncs30
  • Morkel
  • Seibs
  • Howie
... and 3 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.