PRE-GAME [Round 6, 2024] Broncos vs Dolphins

Status
Not open for further replies.
This game is going to be another tough one. If our regular team is on the park we would dust them easy. They are going to have better forwards, better halves and arguably on par or better backs.

We are all hoping Willison is right to fix the problem we have with Fletcher Baker. How sad is it that we are relying on a 10 gamer to fix our problems in the front row! Fletcher can't be given the starting jersey with Thursdays performance. It was totally abysmal. I'd have Marty in over him to be honest.

Likely team with injuries:

1. Sailor
2. Arthurs
3. Staggs
4. Cobbo
5. Oates
6. Mam
7. Madden
8. Jensen
9. Walters
10. Baker
11. Hunt
12. Riki
13. Carrigan (c)
14. Smoothy
15. Willison
16. Hetherington
17. Te Kura

It means we don’t have the luxury of carrying Oates to play a backline position if injury strikes again. But we still have plenty of strike power if Madden can just kick us to good spots.
Won't be this: Kevvie learnt his lesson not carrying a back on the bench. Oates/Pereira/Hoeter/Karapini will take a wing with another on the bench. Walsh should return.

1. Walsh
2. Arthars
3. Staggs
4. Cobbo
5. Oates
6/7. Madden/Mam (probable), Mam, Sailor (possible)
8. Jensen
9. Walters
10. Baker (probable), Willison (possible)
11. Hunt
12. Riki
13. Carrigan (c)

14. Smoothy
15. Te Kura
16. Hetherington
17. Hoeter/Pereira/Karapini

Laughable to suggest Sailor at 7. Didnt we buy Madden to be Reynolds successor when he retires so why would they abandon him now when he is needed to replace Reynolds now.
Yes. And he's been a dud. Sailor has impressed. You can be certain Kevvie is thinking about putting him at 6, but Madden is the easy option.

Ezra’s kicking looked good enough but what didn’t look good enough was our attack, seemed a lot better once Billy was calling the plays. At least we were running sweeps and not just rucking it up in their 20. Further evidence (as if it were needed) that playing 5/8 and playing halfback are completely different propositions.

It’s going to be Jock Madden though, that’s why he’s in the squad, he’s not Adam Reynolds but not many are.
Billy was probably better than Madden at 7. Put that in your pipe.

Another option on the wing: Sailor. He played there once for St George in 2019. Keep Oates on the bench, or put Sailor on the bench to cover any number of backline positions.

I wonder, if Willison isn't right, you are having to go back to Baker BUT, surely you can't play him after the couple of stinkers he's put in right. So why not go back to Taupau? Is he great now? Heck no but is he better than Baker? Heck yes because honestly, a turnstile is.

I wonder, if Willison isn't right, you are having to go back to Baker BUT, surely you can't play him after the couple of stinkers he's put in right. So why not go back to Taupau? Is he great now? Heck no but is he better than Baker? Heck yes because honestly, a turnstile is.
With the game baker had, surely he can’t be picked. Kevvie is different to fagan

Definitely. Can't keep picking a front rower who somehow appears to be the weakest player on the field.

Actually, this is probably a good game to play Baker in ... He hasn't played back-to-back stinkers yet.

So far this season a good game has always followed his poor game

If Oates is left, he might experience Arthars issue last night with surprise at a centre who passes.

And to the naysayers who say we need Oates for his meterage .
I say have you actually watched Arthars play ?
Also that left footed kick back infield was a thing of beauty .

I reckon Arthars thought Selwyn would try and run over the Storm defender . Then nek minute !
Arthars will score a lot more tries outside Selwyn than he will with Kotoni . Staggs is no where near as good at setting up the winger as Selwyn is .

420419573 411202415145386 6880779871064236222 n

We are the walking wounded at the moment. What the **** is going on

Madden playing cup today. Don’t we normally pull them out if it’s expected they will be in next weeks 17?

Madden playing cup today. Don’t we normally pull them out if it’s expected they will be in next weeks 17?

Reyno right to play? That would be a sensation after how emotional he was in the sheds

Reyno right to play? That would be a sensation after how emotional he was in the sheds
Highly doubt reyno will play I think I heard earlier they’re expecting 2wks max so not too bad.
No idea what it means for next week though. Maybe 6. Sailor 7. Mam.

Surely they don't risk a hammy injury.

Panthers tried that last year with Cleary and he was out for like 6 weeks or something wasn't he??

Extra game might help Madden get up to speed.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Unread

Active Now

• Stix
  • bert_lifts
  • Bucking Beads
  • Financeguy
  • The Strapper
  • phoenix
  • Dash
  • Jedhead
  • FACTHUNT
  • kiwibronco
  • Skyblues87
  • BroncosAlways
  • Big Del
  • Harry Sack
  • Footy Fanatic
  • Xzei
  • Behold
... and 5 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.