Suncorp Stadium

Friday
Night
20:00

Dolphins

Team Lists

Status
Not open for further replies.
This is the key to everything. Our attack has enough points in it even unstructured but our defense is one of the worst in the league at present and that is what needs fixing.

Is that partly down to Sailor at the back? He might be a good talker, but you need to know what to say...

We better be sending our big boys at nikorima all night long.
Abso-fucking-lutely!!!

Hunt and Riki aren't the hardest of runners, but if we're not sending traffic at Kodi all night then it's not good enough. I think Kodi will be on the left?? so that would have him on Riki's side... he was a great line runner when he first came into grade... he needs to be channelling that again. I would love to see Staggs running a hard line at Kodi as well.

We should also be lining Te Kura and/or Willison up on Kodi... at times we like to shift Haas out a bit wider... hasn't created a lot of success as yet, but has shown we want to get our dangerous forward runners out wider.

It's a nice easy play for Madden to get him warmed into the contest as well... take it to the line, Walsh/Sailor out the back, but dump it off to Riki or Staggs running at Kodi whilst everyone's looking out the back.

Patty has his nice tip on play... usually it's a middle getting on the outside of the second rower if the half shoots up, but if we put enough pressure on Kodi he will start shooting up and that's what Patty needs to be looking for as well.

Which begs an interesting question, what is our full strength team?
1. Walsh
2. Arthars
3. Staggs
4. Cobbo
5. Oates
6. Mam
7. Reynolds
8. Jensen
9. Walters
10. Haas
11. Riki
12. Piakura
13. Carrigan
14. Smoothy
15. Hetherington
16. Willison
17. Te Kura/Oates

I think the next few weeks will prove this is our best side. Think Te Kura at 17 would be the better player but Oates at 17 is safer.

….. provided there are no more injuries up to that point, and with the way our season is shaping up, that’s unlikely.

Abso-fucking-lutely!!!

Hunt and Riki aren't the hardest of runners, but if we're not sending traffic at Kodi all night then it's not good enough. I think Kodi will be on the left?? so that would have him on Riki's side... he was a great line runner when he first came into grade... he needs to be channelling that again. I would love to see Staggs running a hard line at Kodi as well.

We should also be lining Te Kura and/or Willison up on Kodi... at times we like to shift Haas out a bit wider... hasn't created a lot of success as yet, but has shown we want to get our dangerous forward runners out wider.

It's a nice easy play for Madden to get him warmed into the contest as well... take it to the line, Walsh/Sailor out the back, but dump it off to Riki or Staggs running at Kodi whilst everyone's looking out the back.

Patty has his nice tip on play... usually it's a middle getting on the outside of the second rower if the half shoots up, but if we put enough pressure on Kodi he will start shooting up and that's what Patty needs to be looking for as well.

Have Patty run it up on the right of the ruck, with Te Kura or Willison off his shoulder. Riki and Staggs up as well but further out to keep the defensive line spaced out.

Have both Ben/X and Riki line up Kodi, if he's isolated he'll either be speedbumped or at the very least dragged for a half break. If he gets help, whoever comes in should leave a half gap for one of those forwards, if Patty reads it right we'll get the same half/full break.

Now have Walsh circling around :)

I reckon we will be starting with baker again this week. Hopefully tekura stays in the team now that Oates is on the wing.

I'm excited for this team list but I also get the feeling I will be dissapointed with it in some ways. So many possibilities. Sailor on the bench? Maybe hoeter could be a smokey if we want a big bodied outside back, but very doubtful. Maybe we run with 3 forwards, maybe sailor takes smoothys spot. Does baker stay in the team, does he stay in the starting team. Is Walters just thinking strategically about this game now we've lost 3 already, or is he still taking the season Outlook approach I think he has been taking.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Active Now

• Harry Sack
  • Wolfie
  • Fozz
  • Jedhead
  • sooticus
  • Cavalo
  • broncos4life
  • Lurker
  • Midean
  • Bucking Beads
  • BroncsNBundy
  • RolledOates
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.