vs

Kickoff In:

Thursday
Morning
10:00

Team Lists

Status
Not open for further replies.
It's a tale of opposite habits this game: In the habit of winning vs in the habit of losing.

It looks like we are again light on the bench. I feel frustrated because I can't have my way but that's silly because it has ever been thus. I'd rather see two fit props there at a minimum. A mobile second rower and a strong utility.

Penriff paying $1.01
Who would have thought a team coming up against the Broncos would ever be paying $1.01.
Should be plastered over all the walls at Red Hill, just to show how far this club truely has fallen.

Penriff paying $1.01
Who would have thought a team coming up against the Broncos would ever be paying $1.01.
Should be plastered over all the walls at Red Hill, just to show how far this club truely has fallen.

The Broncos in Brisbane.

I have a great fear we will have 50 put on us tonight. Between the Panthers getting hammered in the media for their cocky trash and our guys heads being dragged on the floor, it's the makings of a hideous evening. I don't trust our mob to stand up for themselves at all. It will completely negate the effect of dropping Milford.
I feel Kevvie will have spoken to them about the Panthers throwing shade and trash talking other teams and quietly challenged them to begin taking pride in the jersey and their home ground and to give the supporters and the cocky pricks something to think about.

Knowing Kevvie, he'll be sure to address it.

I just hope our fans are willing and ready to be vocal at the first sign of Penrith straying offside or moving off the mark and ride the ref for everything tonight.

I've backed him the entire time but this is not the game I'd pick to come back into the team though. Pressure will be higher than ever and I doubt we've fixed our wingers coming in.
Is it really high pressure? We are $13.00 underdogs and are expected to get creamed. It’s probably more pressure to beat lowly teams like the dogs and cowboys these days.

The team most definitely doesn't look stronger with those guys been punted back to Q cup. I can't see those changes improving the way we play from a tallent perspectives.

I am however intrigued to see how the side reacts knowing no one is safe now. The 1million dollar man gets dropped and by all accounts the whole team copped a pineapple about the way they've been performing.

For the past 3 years now we've heard the same narrative about drawing a line in the sand and turning things around but this is the first time we've seen a big name guy dropped since Hunt back in the day. Combined with Oates been dropped to start the season it appears the guys are getting cold hard truths in the sense of "you're not doing what im paying you to do, either do it or you're out".

I have no reason to believe anything will change tonight, they've been on the end of 50 point hidings, been slammed by the fans, media, former players, had tears after losing, have a broncos great coaching them and had 16 + point leads and thrown it away and still their attitude and commitment is pissweak. It would appear nothing will change these guys mentality.

However tonight does appear to be slightly different as i mentioned above no one is safe. We know they couldn't give two flying f**ks about anyone but themselves so maybe, just maybe with the realisation that they too could well be dropped to reserve grade, not offered a new contract and simply shown the door, just maybe we will see some fight, spirit and 17 guys genuinly having a go.

Or maybe I'm just overthinking things?

I'd like to see someone dislocate Luai's jaw in the opening minutes, at least he gets sent off we have an excuse for being beaten by 60

The team most definitely doesn't look stronger with those guys been punted back to Q cup. I can't see those changes improving the way we play from a tallent perspectives.

I am however intrigued to see how the side reacts knowing no one is safe now. The 1million dollar man gets dropped and by all accounts the whole team copped a pineapple about the way they've been performing.

For the past 3 years now we've heard the same narrative about drawing a line in the sand and turning things around but this is the first time we've seen a big name guy dropped since Hunt back in the day. Combined with Oates been dropped to start the season it appears the guys are getting cold hard truths in the sense of "you're not doing what im paying you to do, either do it or you're out".

I have no reason to believe anything will change tonight, they've been on the end of 50 point hidings, been slammed by the fans, media, former players, had tears after losing, have a broncos great coaching them and had 16 + point leads and thrown it away and still their attitude and commitment is pissweak. It would appear nothing will change these guys mentality.

However tonight does appear to be slightly different as i mentioned above no one is safe. We know they couldn't give two flying f**ks about anyone but themselves so maybe, just maybe with the realisation that they too could well be dropped to reserve grade, not offered a new contract and simply shown the door, just maybe we will see some fight, spirit and 17 guys genuinly having a go.

Or maybe I'm just overthinking things?
Are you thinking about last season? There haven't been any 50 point thrashings this season. Our worst was the Storm who beat us by 34 but that's not like last season. We've competed this year.

I dont really care if we win or lose ( we will win however ). I just want us smash grubs like Luai and Staines tbh. They need bringing down a peg or two.
That’s not our style

Penriff paying $1.01
Might put a sneaky $1.00 on them.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Active Now

No members online now.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.