vs

Kickoff In:

Thursday
Morning
10:00

Team Lists

Status
Not open for further replies.
After just now hearing KW I'm not sure if he's mastered interviews or is still struggling! He sounds honest and yet I wonder if he is just playing with the media, a bit of acting and firmly in control. I might be reading too much into one of his statements but he made a subtle distinction between himself and the club regarding Dearden saying " everyone believes Tom is the future here at the Broncos AND I believe that too" . It just seemed odd he didn't simply say 'we', like he was making sure it was known everyone is taking responsibility for pursuing Dearden, everyone's onboard. If we pay a lot to retain Dearden it won't just be KWs fault( if it goes pear shaped)

After just now hearing KW I'm not sure if he's mastered interviews or is still struggling! He sounds honest and yet I wonder if he is just playing with the media, a bit of acting and firmly in control. I might be reading too much into one of his statements but he made a subtle distinction between himself and the club regarding Dearden saying " everyone believes Tom is the future here at the Broncos AND I believe that too" . It just seemed odd he didn't simply say 'we', like he was making sure it was known everyone is taking responsibility for pursuing Dearden, everyone's onboard. If we pay a lot to retain Dearden it won't just be KWs fault( if it goes pear shaped)

Funny you mention this because I’ve noticed similar a few times when it comes to negotiation talk. Either it’s just a weird eccentricity or Kev doesn’t feel in control of certain aspects of the club and is either purposefully or subconsciously distancing himself.

Funny you mention this because I’ve noticed similar a few times when it comes to negotiation talk. Either it’s just a weird eccentricity or Kev doesn’t feel in control of certain aspects of the club and is either purposefully or subconsciously distancing himself.
Kevvie’s thing is being straight up and down, but now he’s having to keep secrets from the press, which feels a bit like lying in court, except he’s having to do it on camera. It’s clear he’s unable to tell the truth, and he doesn’t like it.

Bennett is a master of bullshitting now, but in his early days he’d just say nothing rather than lie.

Kevvie knows exactly what’s going on with the roster, but he can’t say.

Fair enough, I can’t justify spending that much on Oates when our team is poor balanced. We have no spine and Staggs and Coates won’t be cheap.

I’d rather let Corey walk, put Isaako on left wing and spend $350k of Coreys money on someone like Hynes to play fb.

Edit: does anyone have access to Oates Q Cup stats? I hope they aren’t as terrible as Hunts.
Yes but we’re talking if Oates is back at his best... that’s not gonna happen so it is strictly rhetorical... also could be a player keener to play than be paid so he might go elsewhere... I really reckon Storm should be eyeing him, they could turn him around.... also completely agree we should go after Hynes

I'd say he just struggles in front of a camera more than anything... he stuttered around his words when he was commentating on fox.

Dobbo said on Triple M this morning after Milf was dropped the next training session was his best he’s had and Kevie apparently threw his arms up in annoyance
Proof as to why Milf doesn’t deserve shit. He has no desire to win.

if anything, that should cement his demotion, as it showcases his attitude of ‘I’ll try and do the bare minimum to play first grade and then coast’

I was looking at the two sides head to head based on names and it’s interesting, Brisbane does actually surprisingly win a couple. The problem is, where they win, it is a major of only just. Where the Panthers win, it is often by a country mile. For example:

Luai/Croft
Cleary/Croft
Kikau/Glenn
Yeo/Carrigan

It’s scary to think but also shows there is light in the Broncos team, it just needs the right recruits. And if you throw in Edwards and Koroisau, the gulf is even wider, really shows just how abysmal our spine is and why it is so important to get those four positions replaced and right moving forward.

I'm interested to see how the Panthers go traveling interstate for the first time since 2019. Teams are known to lose all sense of rhythm and purpose when their routine is tampered with. It has been so long that this 'foreign' experience could be that catalyst for a long overdue loss.

If Broncos compete early on and manage to get two tries in front of Penrith it is arguably quite possible that their 'home' systems momentarily crumble.

I just have this feeling that if our forwards man up tonight we're in with a great chance of ambushing this bunch of disrespectful reprobates. Go Broncos!

Broncs were 100-1 to go 13+, tightened to 85 last time I checked.. If I was to plonk a tenner on something that would be an enticing bet.. like the long shots!

has it been confirmed that goates is starting?

has it been confirmed that goates is starting?
Yep confirmed by NRL.com late mail

"Broncos centre Jesse Arthars has been ruled out of Thursday night's clash with the Panthers due to illness.
David Mead will move in to the centres for the Broncos and Corey Oates comes in on the wing for his first game of the season."

I have a feeling Oates will be primed for a huge game. The reality is, aside from To'o, the Panthers backline isn't much better than Brisbane's, so if they hit them hard, they might get phased by it. The front row should match Penrith's if they pull their finger out (that is a huge if) but the two glaring weaknesses are blindingly glaring - the halves and the second row. Penrith is light years ahead in both departments. They have two elite halves and three elite second rowers, we have headless chickens in all of those spots.

Yeah if Oates could have a good game without being a dick fingers, that'd be really good for all.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Active Now

• Griffo
  • whykickamoocow
  • Broncorob
  • Swordfish
  • Volvo Driver
  • bb_gun
  • Allo
  • Santa
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.