vs

Kickoff In:

Thursday
Morning
10:00

Team Lists

Status
Not open for further replies.
Roosters just lost. Might not be a good thing for us.

All we have to do is play alright and not stupid and we win. If our forwards dominate theirs and don't let Milford get run over too often and we beat them easily. We might not be at our best but we didn't get the same easy start to the season that the Roosters got making them look a lot better than they really are.

just a tad confused ...

will the Broncos give the Roosters an ass kicking or

get an ass kicking from the Roosters

:p

I've been reading it like its Chekov from star trek, it all makes perfect sense then ( Sorry Pushkin! )

Prepare for a Buzz Rothfield or Bulldog Ritchie "Roosters forwards are soft and useless" article next week.

I see no surprises so far this year. We beat an undermanned Sharks, we were beat at the post

Dam.. just saw that result. Seems like everything is against us this year. Oh well, roosters are gonna have to lose 2 in a row.

Friggin Manly's going alright so far.

I've been reading it like its Chekov from star trek, it all makes perfect sense then ( Sorry Pushkin! )
I always read Pushkin like its in Russian too!

Everyone's blowing up about our attack but it's a bit hard in those conditions when we play the game in our own half.

Our defensive style, letting them come to us, is bloody effective, but if we're going to persist with it our sets coming out of our own end have got to improve. Our tactic to have three hit ups from backs was doing jack Shit in the wet, aside from Oates, and hasn't been great all season... I don't like it.

People complaining about our attack, thank goodness we aren't Souths fans.

I'm Watching their game against the Cowboys and their first half attack made Milford on Thursday look like Thurston at his best.

People complaining about our attack, thank goodness we aren't Souths fans.

I'm Watching their game against the Cowboys and their first half attack made Milford on Thursday look like Thurston at his best.
Lucky for them they've got Cody Walker to pull something out of his arse once or twice a game. If Milford could do that we'd be right.

At least milf isn't on Cordner's side of the field this game

I'm sick of Manly giving teams we are due to play the following week a reason to fire up. As if you couldn't hate that club any more.

Everyone's blowing up about our attack but it's a bit hard in those conditions when we play the game in our own half.

Our defensive style, letting them come to us, is bloody effective, but if we're going to persist with it our sets coming out of our own end have got to improve. Our tactic to have three hit ups from backs was doing jack Shit in the wet, aside from Oates, and hasn't been great all season... I don't like it.

That defensive style has been, IIRC the subject of a lot of discussion since we used it in 2015 only then, we had a free flowing attack where Hunt and Milford weren't put in a straight jacket by poor coaching, and we had Hodges calling the shots whereas now we have NO-ONE calling the shots.

One problem with that defence style is that smart teams keep moving the ball to the edges until we inevitably open up in the middle and then they score up the guts. Canberra and the Dogs did it, although poor tackling didn't help in the Dogs game. I mean Sims's effort on Reynolds?

Personally, I hate that defensive style as it leaves such little room for error and demands 110% concentration on every player to make the tackle and cover for each other. We definitely ain't there yet on that score. It only takes 1 try to lose a game.

I reckon the Roosters will repeatedly smash our edge defence then have Friend, Pearce and Keary exploit gaps up the middle (separate to kicking to their tall wingers).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Active Now

• Old Mate
  • Foordy
  • Johnny92
  • bb_gun
  • mrslong
  • Broncosgirl
  • Midean
  • levikaden
  • Jazza
  • Bucking Beads
  • Big Del
  • GCBRONCO
  • ChewThePhatt
  • Financeguy
  • Xzei
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.