Thursday
Morning
10:00

Team Lists

Status
Not open for further replies.
Fucking damn it.

That was our year.

If I could do that video again, I would make a lot of changes.. Not happy with that.

Watch this and tell me what's different in '17 and why?

Especially ... WHY are we not playing like this?

Why can't the team sit and watch this and say to each other: right boys, let's go and do this.

It couldn't be because they have been told not to?

1. Players attacking the line in groups of 2 and 3
2. Milford passing
3. Heritage jerseys

Dylan Napa could be out for up to 6 weeks with a suspected ankle syndesmosis injury.

I would say he won't be playing next week.

Kane Evans is expected to return for this game.

I just get the feeling Bennett didn't like anything Walters brought to the side and has cleansed the team of Walters coaching. But at some point when the team is losing you'd think they'd at least think of trying some 2015 stuff or is Bennett that scary?

Other than 2015, and a few periods where Locky was brilliantly guiding us around and getting our other stars to fire (2006 obviously, 2008, 2011), this has been the Broncos footy for the last decade at least.
Bennett ball is even worse than Griffin ball in terms of attacking footy and has been for a long time. Wayne's defensive knowledge as well as his winning history will do very little to convince him to change style.

Hopefully those who are optimistic about the short term future are right, because I have strong doubts about it, and unless this JD guy is reworking all the attack, I don't see things getting much better with Milford and Hunt's footy being stifled by our current tactics.

Mate, I completely agree with you on all fronts. I have real doubts whether it is going to happen, but I remain optimistic at some stage that everything will gell and click into place and that will ignite our season. I hope it is this week. Too much down the track and it will be too late and another season gone.

Watch this and tell me what's different in '17 and why?

Especially ... WHY are we not playing like this?

Why can't the team sit and watch this and say to each other: right boys, let's go and do this.

It couldn't be because they have been told not to?

Such freedom in attack [emoji106]

Bring it back !

1. Milford
2. Oates
3. Moga
4. Kahu
5. Mead
6. Boyd
7. Hunt
8. Ese ese
9. McCullough
10. McGuire
11. Thaiday
12. Blair
13. Gillett

14. Nikorima
15. Sims
16. Fai/Ofengahue
17. Pangai Jnr

1. Milford
2. Oates
3. Moga
4. Kahu
5. Mead
6. Boyd
7. Hunt
8. Ese ese
9. McCullough
10. McGuire
11. Thaiday
12. Blair
13. Gillett

14. Nikorima
15. Sims
16. Fai/Ofengahue
17. Pangai Jnr
Right now as of this week boyd is a better half than milford but thats a very short term strategy. We need milfords development as a half as much for next year as this year. Hunt wont be there, and as bad as he is milford is developing, not stagnating. Hes doing more kicking for a reason. We dont know who the half is for next season, and whilst his kicking game may end up being superior, its alot to ask him to it all whilst milford or boyd for that matter sit back and wait for a moment of broken play. His kicking is helping hunts game at the moment, hence hunts form reversal. Its just milfords pathetic defence that concerns me, but im willing to be patient for now.

Can we please stop suggesting we move Milford to FB. That'll do nothing except cost us matches more often and completely wreck his whatever confidence he has left. The only move that'll benefit him is one back to QCup or potentially switching Gillett and Thaiday. Until his defence improves (or doesn't ever), he needs a concrete defender next to him. I would be hesitant though to shift Gillett seeing as he owns that right side now

Other than 2015, and a few periods where Locky was brilliantly guiding us around and getting our other stars to fire (2006 obviously, 2008, 2011), this has been the Broncos footy for the last decade at least.
Bennett ball is even worse than Griffin ball in terms of attacking footy and has been for a long time. Wayne's defensive knowledge as well as his winning history will do very little to convince him to change style.

Hopefully those who are optimistic about the short term future are right, because I have strong doubts about it, and unless this JD guy is reworking all the attack, I don't see things getting much better with Milford and Hunt's footy being stifled by our current tactics.

Maybe my knowledge of football is lacking and I'm happy to be shown that, if that is the case, but why does anything we do in defence, have an impact on how we attack?

Why does it seem so unlikely, that a good defensive team, can also be a good, or dare I hope for it, even great, attacking side?

We have players with plenty of pace in our side, plenty of skill with running and passing games and as has been shown more prominently this year, a pretty reasonable short attacking kicking game.

So why can't we defend AND attack well? Why does it have to be an either / or situation?

The tools are there as someone mentioned. Why the hell are we afraid to use them?

Maybe my knowledge of football is lacking and I'm happy to be shown that, if that is the case, but why does anything we do in defence, have an impact on how we attack?

Why does it seem so unlikely, that a good defensive team, can also be a good, or dare I hope for it, even great, attacking side?

We have players with plenty of pace in our side, plenty of skill with running and passing games and as has been shown more prominently this year, a pretty reasonable short attacking kicking game.

So why can't we defend AND attack well? Why does it have to be an either / or situation?

The tools are there as someone mentioned. Why the hell are we afraid to use them?

We are obviously suffering from a severe case of Ergalilektriphobia

Is milford even fit enough to be a fullback anymore?

"James Roberts has responded well to treatment and will be fine to take his place this Thursday against the roosters" according to Jharal Yow Yeh.

I think Glen needs to start and Thaiday needs to come of the bench. I reckon milf and Glen had a good combination on the left. Secondly Moga needs to be dropped he hasn't offered anything. Bring Kahu to left centre and Mead back at right wing.

I think Glen needs to start and Thaiday needs to come of the bench. I reckon milf and Glen had a good combination on the left. Secondly Moga needs to be dropped he hasn't offered anything. Bring Kahu to left centre and Mead back at right wing.

Kahu to centre is weakening two positions. It's not going to happen.

Opacic may come back in though.

Kahu to centre is weakening two positions. It's not going to happen.

Opacic may come back in though.

I think if Opacic is fit he should be first choice.

He offers more in attack than Moga. He might not be as strong, but we mostly use Oates to start off our sets anyway.

I was hoping moga would be the centre we all wanted but every time he runs, his knees just make me think of peanut brittle.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Active Now

• Bucking Beads
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.