vs

Kickoff In:

Thursday
Morning
10:00

Team Lists

Status
Not open for further replies.
Broncos 28-10, Sam Thaiday man of the match.
On what galaxy would the Broncos ever be able to score 28 points? That would be doubling their 2017 average and is disturbingly optimistic. I will settle for a 17-16 thriller. This side isn't capable of blowing good teams away.

On what galaxy would the Broncos ever be able to score 28 points? That would be doubling their 2017 average and is disturbingly optimistic. I will settle for a 17-16 thriller. This side isn't capable of blowing good teams away.

The same galaxy where Corey Oates is first try scorer and Sportsbet shout me about 400 schooey's of gold next weekend.

We're easing into attack apparently. Working on getting the basics right. Other teams do this in pre season but we'll use the actual season to get ready for the next pre season. Milford will be right by then

We're easing into attack apparently. Working on getting the basics right. Other teams do this in pre season but we'll use the actual season to get ready for the next pre season. Milford will be right by then

Absolutely!

Now the left boot goes on the left foot ... props, over here .... yes yes that's the ball ... yes try passing it for a change .... No no no no no, pass it to our player, not theirs ...sheesh, what's Kevvie's number again

I know this sounds simple but I honestly think we just need to go out and play football... forget the scoreboard forget the clock and just play some bloody football. If you look back on all the games and when we find ourselves behind with 5/10 minutes to go we suddenly start to throw some passes together and attack and it looks alright. It seems as soon as we get a lead be it 2 points or 7 points we almost shut up shop and rely on our defence to get us through.

Now for some sides that's a brilliant tactic but those sides have a Thurston, smith, Cronk or a Maloney who can still direct the attack to some extent so that they aren't throwing the ball around risking it but they don't go into their shell. I honestly think out best football is when we play free flowing and less structured structured footy and forget the clock and scoreboard. I guess the best thing is that we aren't letting in a great deal of points but that attack has to be more flowing.

I have a foot in two camps here. I am sort of in the same state of mind of B4life. After a lifetime of following league and supporting the broncos from their inception, I am quickly losing interest in the game in general and the broncos in particular. The other foot is in the Big Pete camp that this game is going to tell us a lot about where we are at.

I know I was captain pessimistic last year, but the reality is, if we win this game, and melbourne lose tonight or next week, we are only one win behind the two raging favourites. That is with a totally non-functioning attack. If we can solve our attacking issues and address whatever is ailing Milford, we are still right in this up to our necks this year.

I just want to see our team throw the ball around like we used to, support the ball carrier, have support runners coming onto a pass at speed with them having support, and .... tackling so it hurts the opposition, and none of this arm grabbing shit which cost us the game v the Dogs..

I just want to see our team throw the ball around like we used to, support the ball carrier, have support runners coming onto a pass at speed with them having support, and .... tackling so it hurts the opposition, and none of this arm grabbing shit which cost us the game v the Dogs..

That is one of prime causes of my disenchantment RNA, how negative and conservative our game plan has become in the last 5 years compared to the side I used to support in the 90's. It just seems that every game is a grind with very little creative play.

Kodi Nikorima scored two tries for norths today in intrust cup so he's doing his chances of a call up to the top 17 no harm.

That is one of prime causes of my disenchantment RNA, how negative and conservative our game plan has become in the last 5 years compared to the side I used to support in the 90's. It just seems that every game is a grind with very little creative play.

I think '15 was one exception to that negativity and conservatism, possibly because the team was allowed to enjoy their football and to see how Milford would fit in, which of course he did, and then, inexplicably, or maybe 'cos Walters left, the decision was made to coach the side to play grinding, boring football for reasons which still elude me.

Other than 2015, and a few periods where Locky was brilliantly guiding us around and getting our other stars to fire (2006 obviously, 2008, 2011), this has been the Broncos footy for the last decade at least.
Bennett ball is even worse than Griffin ball in terms of attacking footy and has been for a long time. Wayne's defensive knowledge as well as his winning history will do very little to convince him to change style.

Hopefully those who are optimistic about the short term future are right, because I have strong doubts about it, and unless this JD guy is reworking all the attack, I don't see things getting much better with Milford and Hunt's footy being stifled by our current tactics.

Love to beat the Roosters , but we would sure have to find a way to score some points .

It would require our attack to go from shit to slick in three days. Stranger things have happened I guesse.

Please show us something other then the dour boring play that has been dished up lately.

Two things I don't want to see are kicks on early tackles when we are in our half and Boyd running around looking for someone to pass it to when we are attacking their line.

Watching the Panthers as a losing side tonight, I couldn't help but admire Clearys dedication.

I've tried until now not to jump on the bandwagon, plus his NSW status and Tate like jaw make me despise him that much more.

However, it seemed as though he was involved in almost every set linking up with his support players, giving the odd short ball or taking it himself.
Thats what a halfback is in my mind and just an all round hungriness to have the ball, not just when it's tackle 5 to kick down field.
Would love to see either Milf or Hunt really yell for the ball this game.

How come Penrith don't seem to be playing Griffen ball , but we are ?

Guys we have the tools in the shed but do we have the right tradesman with the skills to use them. This is the predicament we find ourselfs in at round 5 of the season. My next comments are not to point fingers just observation. I see Hunt and Milf as a non gelled pair. They both seem to be moving as single cells. Niether taking the rains niether playing for the other. Something is not right there. It is the issue. Until they deal with whatever issue prevents them from creating together we have zero chance this season. Hunt is playing better but it is independent of milf. Infact Hunt is looking more for himself at the moment. This is not tp say he is being selfish, I think he is just trying to create and leaving milf behind as his form is not there. Hunt needs to drag Milf to the party. I believe in this team but until these to start creating and moving together nothing will happen. Hunt should be primary and Milf should be slotting in where needed. I don't see him as a creator at this time in his career. Anyway just something i have noticed.

Even though things haven't gone our way I'm feeling more optimistic than two days ago. I think we've got the team now to at least challenge for the title. As long as SOO doesn't knock us around too badly and we can jag a win or two I feel as though we will be a genuine chance. I'd like to see us guided around by Bun-gee at some stage. I don't care about his supposed deficiencies in defence because poor defence in a half isn't an issue apparently. Milford is a disgrace in that department and has been a turnstile since day one. I actually think Bun-gee would be better at this time.

I know WB is going to stick solid with Milford but you never know, a suspension, a knock, an injury may give Marshall a chance for a week or two. I know that after the last game, everyone will know just how easy it is too get past someone who won't get in front of the attacker. Next game, they will be running at Milford time after time and they will go through him. I never worried when Alfie played and he was a fair bit lighter than Milford.

Watch this and tell me what's different in '17 and why?

Especially ... WHY are we not playing like this?

Why can't the team sit and watch this and say to each other: right boys, let's go and do this.

It couldn't be because they have been told not to?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Active Now

• BroncoFan94
  • broncos4life
  • Maddy
  • Sproj
  • Santa
  • Stix
  • Justwin
  • Battler
  • Allo
  • ivanhungryjak
  • Johnny92
  • Cavalo
  • Maroon4life
  • ChewThePhatt
  • TimWhatley
... and 1 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.