Support Play
/ Set Completion /
Penalties (Conceded)
Set Restarts
Errors

Player Stats

# T Pts TA LB TB OFF Ta MT IT Pos DR K KM M E P
# T Pts TA LB TB OFF Ta MT IT Pos DR K KM M E P

Also an option, but offa has the experience. Either way another prop is needed.
Id put oates on the bench and leave mead exactly where he is, esese too for that matter. Oates is big enough. I dont if has the ability of offa or sai at the moment but he is a lot more vesatile and it will be a good learning experience for a transition further down the track. Add to that, mead is better at negating attacking kicks down our end, either grubbers where oates is a little slow turning, or high balls where he has been vulnerable. Attacking kicks are forte of the titan halves, and really their only hope of scoring against us. If moga can make those early metres, and improve his defence (i might be wrong, but i reckon he'll be practicing defence alot this week). Hopefully they can get someone like gilmeister to work on his technique, and bennet can work on his head. For all his dismal efforts last week im not ready to quite give up on him yet. Atleast until opacic is 100 percent. He has the kind of character that is worth persisting with, even if he does do a spell in the lower grades. I think eventually he will suprise a few of us, when he clicks.

We've had a try, or at least, a clean break that would be odds on to lead to a try, pulled up for incorrect forward passes pretty much every game since we scored that one against the Cows.

Why have none of them been highlighted by the media?

We've had a try, or at least, a clean break that would be odds on to lead to a try, pulled up for incorrect forward passes pretty much every game since we scored that one against the Cows.

Why have none of them been highlighted by the media?
The media don't actually know anything about the game. They just try and find out information of private lives, break scandals and speculate.

The media don't actually know anything about the game. They just try and find out information of private lives, break scandals and speculate.
Melbourne call cost us the game

Melbourne call cost us the game

Yep. Not one mention in the media.

Even against the Cowboys there was a forward pass called later in the game, no doubt in response to the earlier one going through. It wasn't, cost us the game too. Nothing.

The weird fucking thing is that we got what I would consider a fair go by the refs on Thursday against the Roosters. There were tiny things that in other weeks we'd have been penalised for, or that the Roosters would have had let go other weeks that they got pinged for. Why? And now the outrage about us getting robbed. Again, why? Has there been a change of directive by the NRL? It's too big a shift to just be a coincidence.

I don't like the idea that a bad call in the first 10 minutes costs you the game. Plenty of time to come back from it.There are bad calls every game, it's something you have to live with. That's why the cowboys are such whingers, carrying on for years about the 7 tackle try. It was a bad call yeah but it happened in the first 10 minutes of the game.

Bad calls that cost you the game happen in the last 10 minutes.

I don't like the idea that a bad call in the first 10 minutes costs you the game. Plenty of time to come back from it.There are bad calls every game, it's something you have to live with. That's why the cowboys are such whingers, carrying on for years about the 7 tackle try. It was a bad call yeah but it happened in the first 10 minutes of the game.

yes but there non stop whinging did let them have a dream run with the refs for 2015......... so there is that to consider maybe we should whinge more

yes but there non stop whinging did let them have a dream run with the refs for 2015......... so there is that to consider maybe we should whinge more
oh you're still here?

oh you're still here?

ahh apologies i forgot the rule where we are not aloud to post on this forum if we have a difference of opinion to you , my bad. wont step out of line again .:awwwyeah:

ahh apologies i forgot the rule where we are not aloud to post on this forum if we have a difference of opinion to you , my bad. wont step out of line again .:awwwyeah:

Where did I say that?

Yep. Not one mention in the media.

Even against the Cowboys there was a forward pass called later in the game, no doubt in response to the earlier one going through. It wasn't, cost us the game too. Nothing.

The weird fucking thing is that we got what I would consider a fair go by the refs on Thursday against the Roosters. There were tiny things that in other weeks we'd have been penalised for, or that the Roosters would have had let go other weeks that they got pinged for. Why? And now the outrage about us getting robbed. Again, why? Has there been a change of directive by the NRL? It's too big a shift to just be a coincidence.

There is something rotten with how the game is officiated I would love to chalk it up to incompetence but I can't.

I'd like to know where the forward pass call came from? It seems like play was allowed to continue. If it's a forward pass then blow the fucking whistle. Don't let a possible indiscretion go until a try is scored. It is one of the most infuriating things about refereeing.

Was it Sutton, the pocket ref, the touch judges or did the bunker tip him off? In his excellent column Steve Mascord identified something a lot of fans might not be aware of. He writes:

There is one aspect of the bunker that could create drama, but which may not be apparent to most fans just yet. Along with the deliberations on tries, part of the audio feed made available to all electronic media is 'mission control' advising the on-field officials about disciplinary matters. Television producers have so far opted not to broadcast this but radio station Triple M did on Thursday night, catching such gems as "[Josh] Reynolds threw the ball at him – worth a chat" and "It's a shoulder charge – reportable". If the public can hear the bunker advising referees on these matters, it's almost inconceivable the on-field official would ignore the advice. So high tackles, shoulder charges, etc are now being policed from a remote location, along with tries - a quantum leap for which we perhaps did not sign up. When we hear it over the PA at the ground, it's almost like God is intervening.

This article is from last year but I read it recently. Mascord follwed this and in a later column finds the following:

There have clearly been some miscalculations regarding the bunker. The broadcasting of disciplinary 'tips' on electronic media, as we pointed out in Sunday's Set of Six, was a recipe for disaster.

It created the impression – or perhaps it just confirmed – that the NRL is now refereed by remote control with the four officials on the field trusted with only the most basic decisions.

Sure enough, the audio was pulled from Monday night's match at Leichhardt and the comments like 'it's a shoulder charge, reportable' and 'Josh Reynolds threw the ball at him. Worth a chat' are unlikely to return for public consumption.

The NRL seemed unprepared for some stadia and some media outlets to broadcast the Bunker audio while others chose not to.
But filtering what we hear doesn't mean the referee won't be hearing them. It doesn't mean that Big Brother will be shutting up. Is a referee more likely to defy The Bunker when the public can't hear what The Bunker is saying?

Referees at the weekend had no idea what the public could hear and what it couldn't. They seemed prepared to accept what they were told unquestioningly.

This should be a huge concern for all fans of the sport. Refereeing should be transparent and impartial. If the man in the middle is getting tipped off then it raises questions of whether it's being applied fairly to both teams in a match.

And of course, we had the old "How's Trent?" back in the day to find out what the penalty count was.

I would buy that if Moga had not been getting found out defensively all year, but he has been. Luckily for him other defenders, mainly Oates, saved it from resulting in a try.

As for the second miss, Fergo ran straight through him. Moga had a very good chance at tackling him, but he just comes up with a very flimsy attempt at tackle.

You could quite easily say that Milford has been getting found out defensively all year, and because of that Moga is trying to cover for him. Defence is something the whole team needs to work on, because even though we beat the Roosters quite convincingly, our defence across the board wasn't too flash. The Roosters had 5 or so line breaks as well as 30 odd tacklebreaks. To be be missing so many tackles and having our line broken so often will hurt us in the business end of the season.

Just watching a replay of the Mccullough ankle tap, Nikorima could've easily caught Gordon had he been running like Mccullough.
He just gave up

In fact it was Nikorima who let Tupou through
We should seriously be worrying about his defence

I disagree with this 100%

A bad call that gives a team 4 points has an impact of 4 points on the game

If it happens at minute 10 or 70, the effect is still 4 points

I disagree with this 100%

A bad call that gives a team 4 points has an impact of 4 points on the game

If it happens at minute 10 or 70, the effect is still 4 points

Every week and arguably every game there are bad calls that directly or indirectly lead to points being scored. Unfortunately it's part of the game.

Active Now

• dirtyharry
  • Foordy
  • broncos4life
  • Johnny92
  • Organix
  • Santa
  • Aldo
  • Mister Wright
  • Fozz
  • MrTickyMcG
  • lynx000
  • Strop
  • winslow_wong
  • The True King
  • marw
  • Behold
  • Cavalo
  • Bish
  • Turky Murky
... and 9 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.