/ Set Completion /
Penalties (Conceded)
Set Restarts
Errors

Player Stats

# T Pts TA LB TB OFF Ta MT IT Pos DR K KM M E P
# T Pts TA LB TB OFF Ta MT IT Pos DR K KM M E P

Agreed.

While I believe horrid calls are horrid calls no matter what minute they're made, to blame the Round 3 loss on a forward pass call is wrong. Brisbane were their own worst enemies that evening and were very fortunate the referees are gutless and don't use the sin-bin as often as they should.

It was a gutsy effort by the Broncos, but their inability to control possession and defend within the rules was their undoing.

I'd be interested to check penalty counts and see whether the spread is as even as most think. Thinking about this game and others that Sutton has been apart of makes me think it's something of a myth.

Agreed.

While I believe horrid calls are horrid calls no matter what minute they're made, to blame the Round 3 loss on a forward pass call is wrong. Brisbane were their own worst enemies that evening and were very fortunate the referees are gutless and don't use the sin-bin as often as they should.

It was a gutsy effort by the Broncos, but their inability to control possession and defend within the rules was their undoing.

I'd be interested to check penalty counts and see whether the spread is as even as most think. Thinking about this game and others that Sutton has been apart of makes me think it's something of a myth.

The argument is that the Round 3 incident had a much greater bearing on the game than the one that was called on Thursday night versus the Roosters.

I see, I see.

I disagree.

Both calls had the same amount of impact, the only difference was that the Broncos played better and were up against vastly inferior opposition.

There is something rotten with how the game is officiated I would love to chalk it up to incompetence but I can't.

I'd like to know where the forward pass call came from? It seems like play was allowed to continue. If it's a forward pass then blow the fucking whistle. Don't let a possible indiscretion go until a try is scored. It is one of the most infuriating things about refereeing.

Was it Sutton, the pocket ref, the touch judges or did the bunker tip him off? In his excellent column Steve Mascord identified something a lot of fans might not be aware of. He writes:

This article is from last year but I read it recently. Mascord follwed this and in a later column finds the following:

This should be a huge concern for all fans of the sport. Refereeing should be transparent and impartial. If the man in the middle is getting tipped off then it raises questions of whether it's being applied fairly to both teams in a match.
If ? The guy in the middle has been getting tipped off for quite a few years. I've heard background comments, barely audible in the tv broadcast and they have been partial tips, half heard but real nevertheless . Refs do not ref, they influence and control matches, orchestrating results at times like the bastard who penalized us 10 times in a match but gave us zero penalties for the Roosters. Cheating and square ups have happened and continue to happen.

Thinking back about this game, the thing that stands out most for me was the way the boys found a way to offload the ball. It was incredible and unlike any game we've played so far this season. A ball that should/could have been passed in those earlier games was annoying held, but god dam, last week they had me freaking out the way they found a way to offload. Just awesome.. Props to that secret weapon shrink of ours. Keep that dudes number on speed dial.

Thinking back about this game, the thing that stands out most for me was the way the boys found a way to offload the ball. It was incredible and unlike any game we've played so far this season. A ball that should/could have been passed in those earlier games was annoying held, but god dam, last week they had me freaking out the way they found a way to offload. Just awesome.. Props to that secret weapon shrink of ours. Keep that dudes number on speed dial.

I was wondering the other day whether this attacking attitude would have been seen a few games earlier if it wasn't for the weather. It's the perfect foil for the doggies but instead we got into the grind.

Hunt may be very unlucky in that he might have really excelled a few games earlier under this attacking style. And now if the team looks fantastic over the next few weeks it will be all about Milf and Knics amazing combo.

Apparently Mitchell didn't come off injured last week.

There is a theory he was hooked.

But injury makes more sense considering he is out of the side this week and hasn't been named in any reserve grade team.

Shades of 2015 with the offloads and Milford sniffing around. Tpj and esesesese are massive off the bench. Good rotations tonight too. Let's build on this!
Thing is.. esese started last week. Our bench was far more beneficial with Thaiday conning into the game later than expected.

But injury makes more sense considering he is out of the side this week and hasn't been named in any reserve grade team.

Didn't look injured to me and he sat on the bench for the final 10. If he was injured, he would have been straight up the sheds

Mitchell's attitude in D was quite bad, and in attack too, frankly. I don't think he made hardly any metres also.

It's almost as if he just does enough to get by and he has cost his team a few tries by not putting in that extra effort and not having the desire. Cover defence and just laying back and being timid was exposed on a few of the shows.

Compare his efforts to Roberts, who comes in and tries his best to dominate tackles. Big difference in attitude, I think it's a fitness thing too personally.

He's pretty young...I'd imagine the Tedesco rumours would be playing on his mind a bit and could be upsetting his game? That said, you'd hope that would make him rip in harder.

Active Now

• Wolfie
  • porouian
  • Midean
  • ivanhungryjak
  • Dash
  • Mightybroncs2k17
  • Bronx48
  • KateBroncos1812
  • Fozz
  • matthewransom34@ic
  • Allo
  • Lozza
  • winslow_wong
  • FACTHUNT
  • Organix
  • Galah
  • Fitzy
  • Alec
  • Foordy
... and 22 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.