Thursday
Morning
10:00

Team Lists

Status
Not open for further replies.
Will not be watching...

I'm predicting:

A 12-6 penalty count with 2 dubious try decisions and 3 of their tries coming off 6 again calls that were slowing down the play the balls when there were around 40 other tackles that were slower, and TPJ a 4 week ban...

We will lose by 10 points, it'll be different from this week though, the knights will get the run of penalties early then we will get a few at the back end of the game.

This is a real prediction... sadly....

If I was selecting the team it would be:

1. Isaako
2. Coates
3. Staggs
4. Nui
5. Farnworth
6. Milford
7. Dearden
8. Lodge
9. Paix
10. Haas
11. Oates
12. TPJ
13. Carrigan

14. Glenn
15. Flegler
16. Ofahengaue
17. Kennedy

My team would be:

1. Isaako (solid all season, deserves spot)
2. Farnworth (big metres)
3. Boyd (survives, finally showed leadership)
4. Staggs (almost our only attack)
5. Coates (looked better than last season)
6. Dearden (our halves are struggling)
7. Croft (On par with Milf, needs to do more)
8. Haas (literally God)
9. Paix (no other option. Had a better game)
10. Lodge (leader)
11. Glenn (captain & experience)
12. TPJ (best 2nd tower not named David)
13. Carrigan (big effort player)

14. Milford (quiet for 60 min a game anyway)
15. Oates (decent game in 2nd row)
16. Flegler (good off the bench)
17. Teo (more experience)

Offa player 80 minutes in a grind and had less impressive stats than most the forwards who didn’t play the whole game. I think Teo’s experience will give the boys a bit of extra confidence and he and Glenn will keep player accountable. He did look under cooked though so Offa might survive another week depending on how they look at training.

Dearden to the bench for mine. He's a good attacking player, can kick and his defence is ok. Paix needs a break and for mine we don't need someone to merely fill a gap while he is off. Isaako to hooker was a dumb move. What did he offer as hooker? Nothing, a waste of space whereas Dearden could at least offer options in attack including some kicks.

T'eo? Why? He offered absolutely nothing. I'd rather Oates on the bench as back row rotation with TPJ and Glenn.

For as long as the game plan ignores attacking shapes out wide - see Roosters, Eels and Manly tonight in the 2nd half, our halves are stuck in the middle passing to middle forwards. On the other hand, when a backline opportunity suddenly arises as it did with Boyd's try, we had Croft and Milford on the same side, attacking space and passing deftly to create a space for Boyd to score. How many times did those backline moves present tonight?

Seibold is obsessed with the middle and it shows in our style of play. While we dominated Manly there in the 1st half, they got around that trap by spreading the ball in the 2nd half, lifting their defensive efforts in the middle nullifying whatever we had, and we had nothing in reply out wide, except kicks to Coates.

How many times did Staggs get the ball in the 2nd half? I mean, his ability to beat his man on the inside or out is outstanding. What a fucking waste of talent. And as I said, Croft and Milford are left with nothing to work with, and get caned by us for not pulling rabbits out of the hat.

Seibold needs to stop obsessing about the middle and drill some backline moves into this side or we won't score many points against sides whose defence in the middle is top notch.

And finally, on tonight's performance, I can't see how Lodge can be called a leader. For mine he was just another big body throwing himself at the opposition.

Last edited:
Manly wont win the comp this year after last nights effort....sorry just thought id add that

Its a great feeling to get some depth back; I have to say though, you really do need to rein in your expectations of TPJ. he hasn't played a game in months...he will be way underdone...like Lodge id give him 4 weeks of football before judging how he is going.

What he will do though is put some doubt into the opposite edge runners; make them look twice or arch their run so they dont get smashed. Thats at least 1 thing our current edge guys cant give us.

Te'o was screaming at the boys from the sideline last night, I thought that was a nice bit of leadership, arguably more valuable contribution than what he did on the field.

I think Dearden can come into the interchange but I have no faith Siebs knows how to use it so kinda pointless. We need a run of games for our spine; I dont see a need to change it. There are signs of improvement here and there but it hasn't come together yet, which sums up the team.

Still waiting patiently for that one 80 minute effort from the team. Last night was the best 40 minutes of football ive seen this year, but still a way to go...

I’d go:

1. Isaako
2. Coates
3. Staggs
4. Niu
5. Farnworth
6. Milford
7. Croft
8. Lodge
9. Paix
10. Haas
11. Oates
12. Glenn (c)
13. Carrigan

14. Dearden
15. TPJ
16. Flegler
17. Teo

Joffa just isn’t providing anything, Boyd just has to go, he even almost stuffed up his first try and I think awareness would have made him pass it wider on his second to try and negate the wrong obstruction decision. He is not communicating in defense clearly and that is apparently what he’s good at.

I fully expect V’Landys to appoint this bloke as the referee for us next week.
01 HBKRef SS97

Last edited:
Broncos vs Ponga the poster boy. I bet Klein is licking his lips at the thought of reffing this game.

The idea that Ashley Klein has some bias against the Broncos is pretty ridiculous.

I remember him handing us a game on a plate against the Wests Tigers at Campbelltown in 2018. Gave us a penalty 20m out from the try line in golden point. Isaako duly kicked the penalty goal.

Our team is just crap.

Last edited:
My team would be:

1. Isaako (solid all season, deserves spot)
2. Farnworth (big metres)
3. Boyd (survives, finally showed leadership)
4. Staggs (almost our only attack)
5. Coates (looked better than last season)
6. Dearden (our halves are struggling)
7. Croft (On par with Milf, needs to do more)
8. Haas (literally God)
9. Paix (no other option. Had a better game)
10. Lodge (leader)
11. Glenn (captain & experience)
12. TPJ (best 2nd tower not named David)
13. Carrigan (big effort player)

14. Milford (quiet for 60 min a game anyway)
15. Oates (decent game in 2nd row)
16. Flegler (good off the bench)
17. Teo (more experience)

Offa player 80 minutes in a grind and had less impressive stats than most the forwards who didn’t play the whole game. I think Teo’s experience will give the boys a bit of extra confidence and he and Glenn will keep player accountable. He did look under cooked though so Offa might survive another week depending on how they look at training.
I like this team. Happy to give Dearden a crack and have Milford in the 14. Oates was much better than I expected him to be last night. Farnworth has to stay on the wing now. He makes big run metres, gets stuck in and is reliable. Although a still a bit suspect in defence at times, Coates is a freakish talent and would like to see him keep a spot on the wing too. Will be interesting to see where Oates fits in (or doesn't) when Fifita and Turpin return considering we'll have Paix, Niu, Milf/Dearden all vying for the 14.

The idea that Ashley Klein has some bias against the Broncos is pretty ridiculous.

I remember him handing us a game on a plate against the Wests Tigers at Campbelltown in 2018. Gave us a penalty 20m out from the try line in golden point. Isaako duly kicked the penalty goal.

Our team is just crap.

He doesn't have a bias against us ... he's just a shit referee.

Broncos vs Ponga the poster boy. I bet Klein is licking his lips at the thought of reffing this game.
We have to be that much better that the cruel refereeing decisions don’t matter.

Manly wont win the comp this year after last nights effort....sorry just thought id add that
Honestly I feel like the NRL head office is really working on building us all up for two possible story lines this season: a Parramatta redemption story or a Roosters three peat, they just have to decide later in the year which lever they'd like to pull at the end based on what will get the best fan reaction.

On that basis I'd say yeah, Manly can at best hope to play the bad guy who gets beaten up by one of these hero teams in the finals, but honestly, if the NRL or a particular referee decides that it's your day, then it's absolutely going to be your day, so anything is possible.

Our team is just crap.

This ^^^ - we are not as good as we think we are, **** this twisted NSWRL conspiracy theory bullcrap!

We just did not turn up in the 2nd half, dumb penalties and plain ole one out hit ups invited Manly back in. League is a game of momentum swings, we had our fair share of 6 again calls and penalties to race away to 18 NIL and should have upped the ante in the 2nd half to counter for the Manly come back.
Better performance than the last fortnight but dumb, predictable football from our mob cost us this one in the last 40mins.

Last edited:
This ^^^ - we are not as good as we think we are, **** this twisted NSWRL conspiracy theory bullcrap!

We just did not turn up in the 2nd half, dumb penalties and plain ole one out hit ups invited Manly back in. League is a game of momentum swings, we had a fair share of 6 again calls and penalties to race away to 18 NIL and should have upped the ante in the 2nd half to counter for the Manly come back.
Better performance than the last fortnight but dumb, predictable football from our mob cost us this one in the last 40mins.
It’s simply nonsense to say it was all our fault. Some of the refereeing was outright incompetent. I’m not suggesting it was fixed, but I would point out if you WERE actually going to fix a game that’s basically exactly how it would look.

It doesn’t have to be one or the other though, it can be a combination of factors. We obviously did not help ourselves and went majorly off the boil in the second half, but to say the officials did not have also have impact in determining last night’s results (probably through genuine incompetence rather than outright bias) is simply untrue.

Last edited:
If we can put in a 60 min effort, up from our 40min effort, we might get up here.

Felt like it was more 35 mins than 40 mins (whenever the second try for Boyd was denied). After that, their mentality shifted and we lost

Te'o was screaming at the boys from the sideline last night, I thought that was a nice bit of leadership, arguably more valuable contribution than what he did on the field.

This is what I noticed. He was the leader they needed from an old head. I'm not sure what he is like as a person, but I feel like he is a no BS type character and gives it to the guys straight. (think Corey/Hodges). Whereas Glenn is a Mr Nice Guy which aren't really making these boys accountable for their mistakes.

It’s simply nonsense to say it was all our fault. Some of the refereeing was outright incompetent. I’m not suggesting it was fixed, but I would point out if you WERE actually going to fix a game that’s basically exactly how it would look.

It doesn’t have to be one or the other though, it can be a combination of factors. We obviously did not help ourselves and went majorly off the boil in the second half, but to say the officials did not have also have impact in determining last night’s results (probably through genuine incompetence rather than outright bias) is simply untrue.

But then Manly are penalised in the last 3mins and we had 2 sets in a row to ice the game in their 20m but came up short. I bet you would not be singing the same tune if Coates had have scored in the corner to win the game.

Game of swings and roundabouts, refs get it wrong against both teams every now and then - lets move on and be better next week.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Active Now

• Allo
  • Fitzy
  • Old Mate
  • Harry Sack
  • ozzball
  • Justwin
  • Bucking Beads
  • LittleDavey
  • ChewThePhatt
  • Dash
  • Mustafur
  • pennywisealfie
  • kman
  • Broncorob
  • KateBroncos1812
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.