10:00

Team Lists

Status
Not open for further replies.
V

Viti

NRL Player
Feb 2, 2011
But then Manly are penalised in the last 3mins and we had 2 sets in a row to ice the game in their 20m but came up short. I bet you would not be singing the same tune if Coates had have scored in the corner to win the game.

Game of swings and roundabouts, refs get it wrong against both teams every now and then - lets move on and be better next week.

**** that, if we’re going to accept blatantly wrong calls and the NRL are looking to save money we may as well just get Joe Blow from off the street to ref the games. The refs have way too much of an influence on games to be fucking up calls so often

Super Freak

Super Freak

International Captain
Forum Staff
Jan 25, 2014
You all know how these games go when we play against a team that picked up someone we let go for the first time.

Macca is gonna be laughing his ass off

Yeah. Macca turns into Cameron Smith and tears us apart. That's usually how the script goes.

Super Freak

Super Freak

International Captain
Forum Staff
Jan 25, 2014
If we can improve on last night, having TPJ back will make a hell of a difference.

I've said it before and I'll say it again, but TPJ is more important to this side then people realize. He brings a lot of energy, and his second phase play is something we're seriously missing.

It's not going to be an easy game, though. Knights are a stronger side than what they have been in the past.

mitch222

mitch222

State of Origin Captain
Apr 4, 2014
If we can improve on last night, having TPJ back will make a hell of a difference.

I've said it before and I'll say it again, but TPJ is more important to this side then people realize. He brings a lot of energy, and his second phase play is something we're seriously missing.

It's not going to be an easy game, though. Knights are a stronger side than what they have been in the past.

TPJ does make a difference but the problem is he is always sitting on the sideline instead of playing for doing dumb shit.

Kooly87

Kooly87

NRL Captain
Jun 2, 2017
But then Manly are penalised in the last 3mins and we had 2 sets in a row to ice the game in their 20m but came up short. I bet you would not be singing the same tune if Coates had have scored in the corner to win the game.

Game of swings and roundabouts, refs get it wrong against both teams every now and then - lets move on and be better next week.
Come one mate, wake up.

One team had 70% possession in the first half, then it completely reversed and went the other way in the second half. I thought stats like this were remarkable when it happened to us against Parramatta, but it's happening in nearly every game now, not just ours either.

The referees and the rules have overnight given us some of the most lopsided possession counts we've ever seen all in the same three weeks. If that doesn't strike you as odd or amiss then you're honestly not paying attention.

I'm not even going to delve into the 11 consecutive penalties awarded to Manly, all in under an hour of play, which is a penalty basically ever 5 and a half minutes for an hour straight, including all the the time that Manly didn't even have the ball or the ball wasn't even in play.

Last edited:
McHunt

McHunt

International Rep
Contributor
Aug 25, 2018
At least we get Lexy & TPJ back for this one. Gonna be a tough one though, Knights are bloody good this year.

Don't think we can drop Farnworth or Coates after that effort, they were both very good overall. Unlucky for Corey.

1. Isaako
2. Farnworth
3. Staggs
4. Boyd
5. Coates
6. Milford
7. Croft
8. Lodge
9. Paix
10. Haas
11. Glenn (c)
12. Pangai Jr
13. Carrigan

14. Niu (Maybe Te'o, but I don't think we need a 4 forward bench)
15. Oates
16. Ofahengaue
17. Flegler
Oates has somehow managed to voluntarily demote himself from guaranteed starter to utility. I have to say, as a prolific tryscorer, he's a more compelling starter for me than Glenn. Unless his chronic injury is worse than we're being told.

rnabokov

rnabokov

State of Origin Captain
Contributor
Mar 5, 2008
Oates has somehow managed to voluntarily demote himself from guaranteed starter to utility. I have to say, as a prolific tryscorer, he's a more compelling starter for me than Glenn. Unless his chronic injury is worse than we're being told.

The main thing Glenn has got going for him is his ability to defend as an edge backrower should, on the edges. We really miss Gillett's defence out wide, his positioning, his reads and his ability to cover. For mine, this lack of our back rowers defending out wide has really put an unfair burden on our halves, young centres and wingmen. I reckon Glenn's return will make a big difference to our defence on his side of the field, and hopefully that will rub off on Oates and TPJ

But yes, I reckon Oates is shaping up to be the real deal as one of our back row rotation.

Last edited:
McHunt

McHunt

International Rep
Contributor
Aug 25, 2018
The main thing Glenn has got going for him is his ability to defend as an edge backrower should, on the edges. We really miss Gillett's defence out wide, his positioning, his reads and his ability to cover. For mine, this lack of our back rowers defending out wide has really put an unfair burden on our halves, young centres and wingmen. I reckon Glenn's return will make a big difference to our defence on his side of the field, and hopefully that will rub off on Oates and TPJ

But yes, I reckon Oates is shaping up to be the real deal as one of our back row rotation.
From memory, I have no idea whether you're right. Glenn was plonked out in the centres last we saw of him. Purely on stats, Oates' tackling performance last night looks better on paper, or at least comparable, to Glenn's at the beginning of last season. Not that I would read into that literally.

We usually expect 80 minutes from Glenn. That might not be the case returning from injury.

rnabokov

rnabokov

State of Origin Captain
Contributor
Mar 5, 2008
From memory, I have no idea whether you're right. Glenn was plonked out in the centres last we saw of him. Purely on stats, Oates' tackling performance last night looks better on paper, or at least comparable, to Glenn's at the beginning of last season. Not that I would read into that literally.

We usually expect 80 minutes from Glenn. That might not be the case returning from injury.

Well where I am coming from is our desperate need for an experienced edge forward who actually knows how to play like one, which means defending on the edges and not coming infield and exposing our halves and outside backs to do all the defending, which for mine is why we are so short out wide so often.

Our edge defence has been shit ever since Gillett retired and we haven't really compensated for that whatever Matt's flaws might have been. I am hoping Glenn will fix at least part of that big big problem. Our weak edge defence, and therefore our defence wider out is a HUGE liability.

Last edited:
S

Shane Tronc

QCup Player
Apr 7, 2018
Our attack could be so much more expansive than it is. Literally all of our starting forwards at full strength: Lodge, Haas, Fifita, Glenn/Pangai and Carrigan are mobile and can ball play. We should be using our halves at first receiver a lot more and getting Haas and Pangai particularly to run at the fringes coming out of our own half. Isaako needs to be a lot busier in attack to make this work too. We really aren’t using our forwards to our advantage. Yes Haas and Carrigan can take one outs up the guts all night but they can do so much more than that.

Cult

Cult

International Rep
Contributor
Oct 17, 2013
This ^^^ - we are not as good as we think we are, **** this twisted NSWRL conspiracy theory bullcrap!

We just did not turn up in the 2nd half, dumb penalties and plain ole one out hit ups invited Manly back in. League is a game of momentum swings, we had our fair share of 6 again calls and penalties to race away to 18 NIL and should have upped the ante in the 2nd half to counter for the Manly come back.
Better performance than the last fortnight but dumb, predictable football from our mob cost us this one in the last 40mins.
If you don’t think there’s a bias against the Broncos you don’t know the history of the NSWRL and those involved in almost every aspect of the current NRL office. They hate us, they’ve always hated us. Tell me where most of the referees are from, where the judiciary members reside, where the media comes from? They brought in rules throughout the 90’s and 2000’s simply to hinder us. The only reason anyone uses to bring in a 2nd Brisbane team is because they want to weaken us. The media promotes #penaltyBroncos to get in the ears of the NRL and the refs throughout the week, our players get suspended for doing the same things other players get congratulated for.

And all of this is done despite the Broncos being the most popular team on both television and in memberships. They know they can walk all over us because the fans will continue to show up, no matter what happens. It can sound like a cop out or an excuse but it’s just too obvious too look past anymore. Yes we are poor, but the same crap happens year after year.

If it’s not a bias against us the refereeing is just piss poor in every aspect and needs to be held accountable. Is the touchy getting dropped for missing what seems to be their only job these days, watching the touch line? Is Klein getting questioned for Manly’s Perfect 2nd half? Is anyone ever questioned for the rule book changing every game according to the refs? Nope. There’s no accountability and there’s even less in 2020.

B

bingale16

NYC Player
May 11, 2015
Not sure I missed it but I'm hoping Catrigan starts to ball play alot more. Like Radley, Trob and Murray. All run with two hands and keeps the defence guessing. All I see is hit ups with him and it kills the play or easy to contain.

Galah

Galah

State of Origin Rep
Mar 28, 2019
If you don’t think there’s a bias against the Broncos you don’t know the history of the NSWRL and those involved in almost every aspect of the current NRL office. They hate us, they’ve always hated us. Tell me where most of the referees are from, where the judiciary members reside, where the media comes from? They brought in rules throughout the 90’s and 2000’s simply to hinder us. The only reason anyone uses to bring in a 2nd Brisbane team is because they want to weaken us. The media promotes #penaltyBroncos to get in the ears of the NRL and the refs throughout the week, our players get suspended for doing the same things other players get congratulated for.

And all of this is done despite the Broncos being the most popular team on both television and in memberships. They know they can walk all over us because the fans will continue to show up, no matter what happens. It can sound like a cop out or an excuse but it’s just too obvious too look past anymore. Yes we are poor, but the same crap happens year after year.

If it’s not a bias against us the refereeing is just piss poor in every aspect and needs to be held accountable. Is the touchy getting dropped for missing what seems to be their only job these days, watching the touch line? Is Klein getting questioned for Manly’s Perfect 2nd half? Is anyone ever questioned for the rule book changing every game according to the refs? Nope. There’s no accountability and there’s even less in 2020.
it will continue to happen until the Broncos start getting vocal publicity about it. What are they afraid of? Them not liking what we have to say? They fucking hate us anyway so **** it. the more we point out the bleedingly obvious bias in the games the more it will galvanise the broncos support base and hopefully it will shine a light on it to people who maybe don’t watch the game and they start saying whoa that’s not right! What’s doing with the nrl?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Unread

Active Now

• Mustafur
  • BroncoFan94
  • pennywisealfie
  • eazy-duzzit
  • Organix
  • bert_lifts
  • Lozza
  • Financeguy
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.