Round 6 - Raiders vs Broncos

Status
Not open for further replies.
winslow_wong

winslow_wong

International Captain
May 27, 2013
Spine needs a complete overhaul. Milford isn’t up to it. He’s had so many years now and hasn’t gone to the next level. Niko is a much better prospect for the 6.

Unbreakable

Unbreakable

International Rep
Contributor
May 21, 2013
He hasn't done a anything wrong this half including knocking the ball out. It was entirely Milfords fault we conceded a try.

Wait, how wasn't knocking the ball out his fault?..

He had a very clear option of grabbing the ball, falling to the ground to avoid being dragged over the sideline and copping a likely heavy hit. He instead opted for the route which means he doesn't have to be tackled, leading directly to another try.

The first Joey try wasn't his fault, that was Bird & Milford. But the 2nd one stemmed from him being scared to take a hit.

Wolfie

Wolfie

International Captain
Jan 14, 2015
Maybe inflated expectations is the real problem here. He was magically going to take us to the top 4 this year, remember that one? He's a total nobody and nobodies do very poorly at the Broncos. They won't reach double digits in victories this year.

We should be at least competitive, and we aren't. We should be competent enough to do the basics and we aren't, we are going backwards right now.

V

Viti

NRL Player
Feb 2, 2011
McCullough has been great this game so far. No complaints here and one tremendous front on courageous tackle on a way way bigger man. I just want him to keep it up and if were Seibold I'd tell Milford if I see him go high one more time he'd be in ISC next week. Fucking terrible from Milford.

In attack I think he’s been fine. In defence however, he’s been very ineffective.

Huge

Huge

International Rep
Contributor
Mar 7, 2008
Check out the 18th minute attempted spiral pass from him though. Bounced before it even got to him. He needs to work on them. And fast.
Yes, not perfect but still good overall. It seems he's been reading BHQ and taking my tips !

holdzy

holdzy

State of Origin Captain
Contributor
May 5, 2016
In my opinion we have gone to the next level of clueless. I never saw this level of confusion so often.

I'm not sure we've ever been this low on confidence, in the last few years, but certainly this is par for looking clueless with tactics. Individual brilliance won't save us.

T

T-rent

NYC Player
May 9, 2014
When’s the last time we’ve been bottom 2 on the ladder? I can’t even find any positives so far

Huge

Huge

International Rep
Contributor
Mar 7, 2008
In attack I think he’s been fine. In defence however, he’s been very ineffective.
Well, it will take another watching to change your mind I'd say but agree to disagree:)

Wolfie

Wolfie

International Captain
Jan 14, 2015

He had a very clear option of grabbing the ball, falling to the ground to avoid being dragged over the sideline and copping a likely heavy hit. He instead opted for the route which means he doesn't have to be tackled, leading directly to another try.

The first Joey try wasn't his fault, that was Bird & Milford. But the 2nd one stemmed from him being scared to take a hit.

I reckon Boyd would have been taken over the sideline if he didn't tap it out. Problem is, Boyd can't do anything right no matter what he does. If he took the ball and got took over the sideline, everyone would have bitched at him for that.

the_next

the_next

NRL Captain
Mar 9, 2018
Really starting to question our training intensity, along with the coaching staff. This team is no good. There are at least 4 players in this squad that wouldn’t make it in any other teams 17. The halves are actually playing ok, minus Milford defensive efforts. Macca has actually decided to run out of dummy half which is a positive. Whoever let moose walk deserves a good talking to, we really need a leader in this pack.

Someone tell me why Roberts hasn’t been injected into this game.

Aldo

Aldo

What, me worry?
Contributor
Jul 7, 2013
Just from a few shots from in the sheds, it looks like the players are pretty disinterested. Just doesn't look like the players are buying in atm.

Waynesaurus

Waynesaurus

NRL Captain
Jun 3, 2013
Honestly Seibs just needs to scrub the fancy crap because the players just don't get it, time to go right back to the basics. Tackling, passing, kicking and basic gameplan.

Mightybroncs2k17

Mightybroncs2k17

NRL Player
Jan 15, 2017
I'm not sure if its just my frustration but does anyone else think we just look really really slow??

Forwards hitting up from a standing start? Our backline movements at half pace?

tommy

tommy

International Rep
Jun 5, 2015

He also completely missed a tackle the play before one of their tries. Forget which one but one of the forwards cleaning up saved his ass on that occasion

Unbreakable

Unbreakable

International Rep
Contributor
May 21, 2013
I reckon Boyd would have been taken over the sideline if he didn't tap it out. Problem is, Boyd can't do anything right no matter what he does. If he took the ball and got took over the sideline, everyone would have bitched at him for that.

Wtf? Nobody would've said a word if he got taken over the sideline, because he would've had a dig! That's all we want, take the hard option, take a hit, make a hard run. Stop taking the easy way out you pea hearted fuckers!

Culhwch

Culhwch

NRL Captain
Mar 28, 2008
No conviction in this team, just a bad attitude. You can sit here and blame Seibold all you like, but I don't know what he can do if a bunch of them are just going to refuse to turn up every week. If you hold Seibold accountable then hold the players just as accountable, because they're professional athletes and grown men getting paid handsomely to play the game, and if they're too fragile to do it after Grandpappy has gone to Souths, then they can bugger off too.

That said, Seibold desperately needs to make some changes and stamp his authority on this team. There's going to be a lot of short term pain but it's the only way I see of making long term improvements.

porouian

porouian

QCup Player
Mar 10, 2008
So are we saving Roberts for a 10 minute stint at the 65th minute when we're down 4-30? I'm not saying he's the answer but we need to do something...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Active Now

• ChewThePhatt
  • Astro
  • Waynesaurus
  • Bucking Beads
  • Broncorob
  • I bleed Maroon
  • Alec
  • Bish
  • Porthoz
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.