Round 6 - Titans v Broncos - Post Match Discussion

I bleed Maroon

I bleed Maroon

International Rep
Apr 17, 2013
Hodges was awful, Barbas confidence is in the toilet, Hoffman is a ball hogging, talentless **** and Kennedy is marshmellow man. All of the people we expected to lead us to the promised land have disappeared off the face of the planet.

I would rather get smashed by 30 points than lose to a team that didn't deserve it. The Tits were balls average and yet they still won. What the **** does that say about us?? Griffin, please go away.

noisetheory

noisetheory

NRL Captain
Mar 31, 2008
Laughable that we managed to **** that up really.

you could see it coming a mile away, couldnt you?

it was always going to end in some retarded **** up by us. and of course it is because our fullback gets stripped of the ball in his own ingoal

Super Freak

Super Freak

International Captain
Forum Staff
Jan 25, 2014
Hodges was awful but I out it down to match fitness.

Barba shocking, he could do with a week in qcup to get his confidence back, that's all that's missing IMO.

Hoffman is woeful. Just shit house 5/8. Did he pass or kick once? Surely a 5/8 is meant to pass or kick once per game....

I'm so annoyed, we have the men to do the job but a woeful 5/8 is killing our attack and a few players are down on confidence.

He tried to kick once..his first kick. Absolutely botched it and Titans started their set in our end.

S

subsbligh

NRL Captain
Mar 16, 2008
Positives: Ben Hunt. Ben Barba can be dropped

Negatives: Hodges can't be dropped. Everything else

88to2006Glorydays

88to2006Glorydays

NYC Player
Jul 9, 2013
Positives:

Desperation defence.

Ben Hunt was great, 3 linebreaks by my count?

McGuire and Gillett were great in the forwards.

Vidot still runs the ball strongly.

Reed had his best game of the year

Negatives:

Hoffman is a waste of space in the halves.

Kennedy has been a horrendous buy, he's the softest player in the squad

Hodges' hands have been poor

Barba had an absolute shocker

Vidot sucked under the high ball

Did you say Hunt was a positive? He was totally fucked. His rubbish kick set up Meads try. He got caught on the 5th tackle 2 out of the first 3 sets which meant Hoffman fucked the kicks. All he did was bomb every time he got in the 40.

I don't care about his line breaks. He cost us more than he gives us.

Alec

Alec

International Rep
Mar 4, 2008
Oh, and Hoffman shouldn't play another game in #6, ever.

Did he kick the ball once? Or even pass it once? Hunt's kicking game was as ****ing **** as ever, and because the opposition know he's our only option he gets pressured all the time. Did Hoff step up once to take pressure off? Nope...

Yeah, 90% of Hunt's kicks were made with the defender less than a metre away from him. It's easy to target him when they know he's our only option, it's kind of like we targeted Thurston in the Cows game (though he wasn't their only option, just their main one).

winslow_wong

winslow_wong

International Captain
May 27, 2013
as a fan of ben barba, i wish he could have stayed at the bulldogs now. hasler who is a real coach, knew how to utilise barba's talents and didn't barba reap the rewards. how griffin has managed to coach out all of his attacking strengths in one pre season amazes me. barba had so much swag and confidence at the bulldogs, now he is a lost soul. we are the most boring team in the comp, i mean parker is our prop ffs. seriously.

no other coach in the nrl would put hoffman as a 5/8th to weaken an x-factor like ben barba. so please for the love of humanity, sack anthony griffin. why isn't he getting the same treatment as henjak.

Crazy Sam

Crazy Sam

NRL Player
Mar 4, 2008
To be fair it wasn't Hook who put in the pathetically limp kick when camped on their line to allow Mead to run onto it and streak away for a try. Hook also didn't kick the ball out on the full from the kickoff straight after. Two dreadful kicks brought the Titans right back into the match when they had looked listless for the first 60 minutes.

Alec

Alec

International Rep
Mar 4, 2008
Did you say Hunt was a positive? He was totally ****ed. His rubbish kick set up Meads try. He got caught on the 5th tackle 2 out of the first 3 sets which meant Hoffman ****ed the kicks. All he did was bomb every time he got in the 40.

I don't care about his line breaks. He cost us more than he gives us.

He was the only player that looked likely to do something in attack.

R

radicaljack

BRL Player
Apr 20, 2008
A team that has been playing together for this long should not be playing this poorly. If Hoffman is named at 6 next week, then its clear Griffon clearly does not have any idea what the f*** he is doing.

Mitch06

Mitch06

NRL Player
Jan 23, 2014
That was absolutely disgraceful from the whole team!! Except Hunt, McCullough, McGuire and Thaiday......what the hell is wrong with them?!! That was horrific. I would rather play Stewart Mills at fullback then ben barba and put Maranta at five-eight. Hopefully this is a wake-up call.....I am keen to see what excuse Griffin has at the press conference ffs :/

Battler

Battler

State of Origin Rep
Dec 4, 2013
Long time lurker, first time poster here. That was probably one of the lowest points that I've seen the Broncos slump to. Hoffman has no idea, and Barba is a shadow of his former self. It's ridiculous that posters on this forum think that we should pass on a quality player like Khunt when we currently have the attacking prowess of an earth worm.

Harry Sack

Harry Sack

International Rep
Forum Staff
Jun 12, 2013
Sadly, I'm not surprised in the least. Griffin has absolutely no idea how to use a bench. Hoffman has no business being in the halves and hasn't all season and Barba has no business being our FB on current form. If he's injured, rest him. If he's down on confidence, send the little bitch to Qcup to get some. The writing has been on the wall for the majority of the season but because we've been winning, people have seemed to accept the mediocrity.

We have the players...they just aren't being used correctly.

vertigo

vertigo

State of Origin Rep
Mar 2, 2010
Our first month of footy looks to have been a mirage.

I'm over it, don't really care when we lose now so its all good :laugh:

Resume normal service, sack Griffin et al.

noisetheory

noisetheory

NRL Captain
Mar 31, 2008
no other coach in the nrl would put hoffman as a 5/8th to weaken an x-factor like ben barba. so please for the love of humanity, sack anthony griffin. why isn't he getting the same treatment as henjak.

this. hoffman offers absolutely nothing, NOTHING, so how is barba meant to do anything from the back?

we have ZERO organisation. this is the COACH

barba himself his confidence is way down. its sad to watch really. he's one of my favourite players and its just getting sad.

kennedy is barely worth mentioning because he's basically been unsighted and the roosters must be laughing their way to the bank after getting rid of him.

we have become a club that kills players. milford will change his mind if he knows whats good for him.

DropBear

DropBear

NYC Player
Apr 6, 2014
So good in D and then crumbled. I thought most played well just a few obvious ones. Very surprised Oates did not come on at all. Thought he would have been good fresh legs for maybe Thaiday tonight.

winslow_wong

winslow_wong

International Captain
May 27, 2013
To be fair it wasn't Hook who put in the pathetically limp kick when camped on their line to allow Mead to run onto it and streak away for a try. Hook also didn't kick the ball out on the full from the kickoff straight after. Two dreadful kicks brought the Titans right back into the match when they had looked listless for the first 60 minutes.

it's hook's game plan to have one out hit ups every damn set and bomb on the last. he didn't use oates once. he persists with hoffman at 5/8th who doesn't contribute in any way. that means technically we have only 15 players. doesn't matter that we have a fitness guru in corvo, eventually we'll get tired and overrun.

Unbreakable

Unbreakable

International Rep
Contributor
May 21, 2013
1. Maranta
2. Hoffman
3. Copley
4. Reed
5. Vidot
6. K.Nikorima
7. Hunt
8. McGuire
9. McCullough
10. Parker
11. Glenn
12. Thaiday
13. Gillett

14. Hannant
15. Hala
16. Oates
17. Molo

I'm at the point of not giving a shit about people having a cry about players not having experience and not playing the house down in NYC / QCUP, who cares, we have players playing in our first grade team who are doing WORSE than Corey Norman was doing for us last year when we dropped him to Queensland Cup, Hook has to wield the axe this week, or it may be one of his last as coach.

Active Now

• GCBRONCO
  • Xzei
  • broncos4life
  • Lostboy
  • Waynesaurus
  • Mr Fourex
  • Morkel
  • FACTHUNT
  • Battler
  • Scorchie
  • lynx000
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.