Round 6 - Titans v Broncos - Post Match Discussion

I can't believe Broncos lost the game with 20 missed tackles. The stats were just about even, only thing is Titans made less tackles, had the higher possession rate, made more offloads and were in our 20 more times then we were in theirs.

How often does the team that nearly misses twice as much tackles wins the game?

I don't see the need to make mass changes. Let's give them "one more week."

Long time lurker, first time poster here. That was probably one of the lowest points that I've seen the Broncos slump to. Hoffman has no idea, and Barba is a shadow of his former self. It's ridiculous that posters on this forum think that we should pass on a quality player like Khunt when we currently have the attacking prowess of an earth worm.
Earth worms are great at burrowing down in defence and slithering out of tackles. They are also good at grabbers close to the ground and wriggling out of tackles.

*shakes head* That will just about do it for me..................screw this grindy ass negative friggin griffinball!

Its not the players that need to go its friggin Griffin and his stoneage friggin negative game plan.

Why did it have to wait until we were losing with 8 minutes to go before the ball was actually moved two passes wide instead of this continual one out bloody running?

His gameplan is killing any attacking urges the players do have along with their confidence.

Hello Griffin!.....here is a pointer for you.........you need to score points to win games!!!!!

and what the hell has happened to thaiday, is he injured again? in the first few rounds he was hitting the edges like an animal possessed. it's all griffin's doing. he's fucked up barba's confidence and now even hodges looks out of sorts. how do we get griffin sacked?

I just can't F%&^%&$ believe that
We have a 6 that cant kick or pass
We have a fullback that is scared to catch the ball

Barba has single-handedly cost us 2 games from simply being unable to do something that is a basic requirement of the fullback
Hoffman scored how many tries last season on the wing??? where you don't need to pass the ball

I know it has all been said before but seriously someone has to be the coach coz the coach seems paralyzed
If you fix these 2 basic problems the team is a dynamite team with the potential to build into something special

In all 3 games we have lost so far this season we have been in front with 10 minutes to go.
Hunt was unlucky when his grubber ended up in Meades hands - dumb for sure - but unlucky. That stuff happens sometimes in football but for Barba to let it bounce - AGAIN - is unforgiveable. And I thought I heard a media report during the commentary tonight that the Broncos hierarchy were actually pleased with his progress so far this season!!! I don't give a flying F&%^ what it does to his confidence - when he is scared of catching the ball on the full he needs to be hooked on the spot and sent to reserves till he isn't scared any more....

In the meantime I'm joining the Maranta for Fullback campaign - F*&^ I would even be happier to see Hoffman at fullback - at least he can't screw up our attack as much from there - but truth be told I reckon he should be made to go back to wing whether he likes it or not. Give Vidot a shot a fullback even - at least he's got balls......

I am still angry that all the refs missed that blatant trip from Bailey on Hodges.

why? who cares. it was just another unorganised nothing play that no one knew anything about and hodges would never have got there anyway

Utterly disgraceful performnace in the end.

The Titans had no right to score either of their two tries, yet we managed to gift them to them rather nicely.

If either Hook or Hoffman aren't gone from their current positions come next Tuesday i'm going to be pissed after that effort just now.

I just can't fathom how bad that performance was, even after last year.

Barba is fucked.

6 rounds of nothing.

I'd roll the dice on Nikorima at 6, honestly. Hoffman back to 1.

How often does the team that nearly misses twice as much tackles wins the game?

The Titans have some of the worst stats in the comp in most departments this year, but are somehow winning.

We were another victim of it tonight.

1. Maranta
2. Hoffman
3. Copley
4. Reed
5. Vidot
6. K.Nikorima
7. Hunt
8. McGuire
9. McCullough
10. Parker
11. Glenn
12. Thaiday
13. Gillett

14. Hannant
15. Hala
16. Oates
17. Molo

I'm at the point of not giving a shit about people having a cry about players not having experience and not playing the house down in NYC / QCUP, who cares, we have players playing in our first grade team who are doing WORSE than Corey Norman was doing for us last year when we dropped him to Queensland Cup, Hook has to wield the axe this week, or it may be one of his last as coach.

so just let me get this straight ... you want Kodi Nikorima,, the player not good enough to be 5/8 in the 20s (if he was he would have played there) to be the NRL 5/8.

he played alright in the 9s with less players on the field and he still hogged the ball as much as Hoffman does.

if anyone is going to replace Hoffman it has to be Duncan P. he is in the best position to do it

i am so pissed with the whole hoffman debacle. as mentioned, he was killing it on the wing. absolutely unstoppable. but then he has a big old sook about barba taking his fullback spot and griffin just submits by saying "oh poor baby don't cry, here have darren lockyer's old jersey"

#sackgriffin

Barba can obviously be a pretty darn good player. Apparently he is playing a new role but now and he is apparently doing a great job - according to a few interviews. Does anyone know what role he is playing now?

That's the disappointing thing isn't it Super Freak? One aspect of the Broncos game was actually pretty strong and players certainly contributed despite the sustained pressure.

But just too many poor mistakes hurt the club tonight.

That set where Mead came up with two try savers and then raced 100m was just special, from that point on, I felt the game slipping away.

After a good opening month, this past fortnight has really undone a lot of the hard-work and if the Broncos aren't careful, they'll hit absolute rock bottom.

I still can't fathom how we didn't win that one.

We dominated the Titans in every aspect other than a Mead fluke and a Barba mistake.

Long time lurker, first time poster here. That was probably one of the lowest points that I've seen the Broncos slump to. Hoffman has no idea, and Barba is a shadow of his former self. It's ridiculous that posters on this forum think that we should pass on a quality player like Khunt when we currently have the attacking prowess of an earth worm.

Welcome, Battler.

I don't know about lowest point, Henjak was our lowest point IMO.

Hunt desperately needs a five eighth who can take pressure off him. He's played some great football but he can't be our only playmaking threat.

Barba is down on form but he's a quality player, he'll come good. He's being targeted pretty heavily in defence so it's not that surprising he's made some blunders. As with Hunt, a good five eighth would help him immensely.

Hoffy is a great player. On the wing. He's just hasn't got the game to be a 5/8. Love seeing him accelerate at the line but he's better served doing that at wingers not props and back rowers.

Unread

Active Now

• BroncosAlways
  • bb_gun
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.