Round 6 - Titans v Broncos - Post Match Discussion

I'd be disappointed if they had of taken that try off the Broncos if the situations were reversed we just got plain unlucky with the two tries the Titans scored. The refs did a lot wrong especially the trip on Hodges, missing forward passes and blatant shoulder charges, however they weren't he reason we lost.

I will admit when im wrong and ben hunt has definitely proven he is a good player this year, however, does he have the ability on 5th to do anything but bombs? Our only play, no matter where we are on the field is to just put the ball high and hope for the best. Pathetic

Putting the bomb up seems to be a plan from most teams. Since the 7 tackle rule has come in if the ball goes dead teams are less likely to attempt kicks that could roll over the dead ball line. All the Titans did was bomb it last night as well.

I think the Broncos are the slowest team of all time. When Hunt made that break at the end there just had to be somebody there for him.

I'll never know why a few people would be hating on Vidot. 19 runs for 183 metres. He was one of the main reasons we got to good field position early in the second half but the other blokes couldn't capitalise. I thought Vidot was our best overall.

Agendas mate it's all about agendas

I'll never know why a few people would be hating on Vidot. 19 runs for 183 metres. He was one of the main reasons we got to good field position early in the second half but the other blokes couldn't capitalise. I thought Vidot was our best overall.

That part of his game is outstanding. He just needs to fix up his work under the high ball.

The 10 meters was all over the place last night, at times the refs was getting the players back 12 or 13 meters then next 8 or 9.

Bloody lazy Dave Tayler spent the night standing either way out of place at marker or just plain off side and then comes back through the attacking line an plucks an intercept. Never friggin on side.

Last edited:
Things that must happen NOW

Barba must vacate the number one jersey. He either needs to go down to Qld cup or have a crack at 5/8. He doesn't have confidence or speed and that equals an under performing fullback.

Reed (despite an improvement this week) needs to go. Just not good enough anymore.

Hodges needs to get in shape and take a breath and not try to do more than just play his position.

Glen to the bench.

Oates sees legit time either starting or off the bench

Kennedy to Qld cup and replace with any big fella who is willing to run in a straight line hard and make some tackles.

Parker to the back row and Hennant back to prop.

Hoffman in any jersey other than 6. Did he pass the ball once last night? It just demoralizes the left side and puts ALL of the pressure on Hunt.

Griffin needs to find an alternative career. Clearly he is a coach who can't make the tough decision and has gotten way to friendly with his beloved players.

I will admit when im wrong and ben hunt has definitely proven he is a good player this year, however, does he have the ability on 5th to do anything but bombs? Our only play, no matter where we are on the field is to just put the ball high and hope for the best. Pathetic

Yep, Ben Hunt's been excellent, but this is a concern for me as well.

I'm not against putting a bomb up, but at least get some variation in there and try a few other types of kicks. Plus, when you put a bomb up, do a damn torpedo like Albert Kelly rather than the fucking shitty point over point bombs that Hunt does, which was the great Peter Wallace's go to play. That's where he must have learnt it.

A swirling torpedo that dips just before it reaches the fullback is about ten times more difficult to catch than the bombs Hunt is putting up, which aren't even that high, and don't give our chasers enough time to pressure the opposition.

I hope no one takes this the wrong way - Ben Hunt has had a bloody good start to the season in my eyes, just needs to work on those fifth tackle options. TBF though, I guess being our only real option on the fifth makes it a little more difficult for him.

It was only the start of the year when Hunt tried a few chips for himself and a few came off too. That has been pulled back by the coaches I'm sure, they just keep retarding the natural skill of the players instead of working and moulding it.

No way would Langer not try something if he thought it was on and he got good at it by doing it during games and learning when to do it during games.

abjlp1.jpg

2iqis5x.jpg

Try or no try?

Barba still has hands on the ball at that moment..

I think that's conclusive enough. They're both screenshots of the exact same moment, just different angles.

Isn't the rule where a second player cannot make any kind of contact with the opposing player while a teammate is in the process of stripping the ball? I think that qualifies..

In the end, it really doesn't bother me. I'm one step closer towards winning big money. I put this up to hear thoughts on whether people think it was actually a try or not.

In my eyes was another player touching barner attempting to effect tackle making it a penalty. Further the rule clearly states a player needs to be in process of effecting tackle when steals ball, clearly in this case no attempt was made to play the player before the ball so again an illegal strip. I accept referees make mistakes in trying to call play in action but what is point of having a video review if they make such obvious mistakes where review clearly shows there are two clear breaches on stripping rule.

This is just....Ugh.

Anyone still defending Griffin at this point need a slap across the chops. Fair dinkem. He just isn't good enough to coach a high school side. We didn't give Henjak this much rope.

What is the point of these interviews when you can only hear the answers but not the questions?
fix your fucking audio issues, useless *****. Happens all the time.

Things that must happen NOW

Barba must vacate the number one jersey. He either needs to go down to Qld cup or have a crack at 5/8. He doesn't have confidence or speed and that equals an under performing fullback.

Reed (despite an improvement this week) needs to go. Just not good enough anymore.

Hodges needs to get in shape and take a breath and not try to do more than just play his position.

Glen to the bench.

Oates sees legit time either starting or off the bench

Kennedy to Qld cup and replace with any big fella who is willing to run in a straight line hard and make some tackles.

Parker to the back row and Hennant back to prop.

Hoffman in any jersey other than 6. Did he pass the ball once last night? It just demoralizes the left side and puts ALL of the pressure on Hunt.

Griffin needs to find an alternative career. Clearly he is a coach who can't make the tough decision and has gotten way to friendly with his beloved players.

I agree with all of these points, and it's so painful that we all see things but they won't change.

There was nothing wrong with experimenting, Souths did the same thing at the start of the year with Walker, etc. But, if it's not working, things have to change.

Barba looks a broken man, we can't keep a guy back there dropping 2/3 balls a game.

Our next 4 games are Knights away (with Mullen back), Bunnies at Home, Cowboys away, Titans at home.

If we lose 3 of those on the trot, surely Griffin goes? We can't head into origin with that poor of a record.

Our defense is solid in general play, though in broken play is falling apart with to many not moving up ie the kick last night only players competing for ball went up while rest sat back leaving huge hole for titans first try, week before a sloppy pass on 5th by roosters and no one pushed forward but Sam. I also concerned with bench usage, we are playing fast and hard and leading games until we hit a wall between 60th and 70th minute (and pace we are playing that is understandable) it is inexcusable that this is happening with fresh players unused on bench.
I still don't see things as badly as most here, I honestly think we are going to be very competitive this year as new combos find feet, though I think Barba should be 5/8 and hoffman either back on wing or fullback. Hodges has always been mercurial, remember his first State of Origin, but I would rather have him on our side than against us any day.

Obviously a try

How is it obviously a try? I know the try was given but from the first replay it is obvious there were two players with hands on Barba therefore making it an illegal strip and another bullshit ruling going against us. Was Thaidays "lifting tackle" where White landed on his butt first even put on report? You'd think if it was something as serious as that it definitely would have been, otherwise a penalty is just crap.

Active Now

• Skathen
  • Brocko
  • Broncorob
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.