Team Lists

Status
Not open for further replies.
Jedhead

Jedhead

State of Origin Rep
Contributor
Jan 8, 2018
For me, Kevvie has just earned himself a few brownie points by seeing/realising/admitting his boty has had a fair crack at the 6 but has showed he just is not fast enough or dynamic enough to offer a real attacking threat to support Reynolds.

Robati for Kennedy is the only way i think this could be improved upon.

With three genuine ball players I'd expect an all out attack and our for/against improve to move us further up the table.

Scorchie

Scorchie

NRL Captain
Contributor
Mar 16, 2008
Why no TC? Would have preferred him over Kennedy

Smokin' Joe

Smokin' Joe

QCup Player
Dec 11, 2013
For me, Kevvie has just earned himself a few brownie points by seeing/realising/admitting his boty has had a fair crack at the 6 but has showed he just is not fast enough or dynamic enough to offer a real attacking threat to support Reynolds.

Robati for Kennedy is the only way i think this could be improved upon.

With three genuine ball players I'd expect an all out attack and our for/against improve to move us further up the table.
Robati has been dreadful.

As has Riki, but has somehow escaped the microscope.

Kimlo

Kimlo

International Captain
Senior Staff
Apr 26, 2008
What position has TMM been playing in reserves?

something

something

QCup Player
Jun 6, 2015
This is a very interesting team selection...

Like that the outside backs all stay the same but 3/4 changes to the spine is pretty gnarly

simplythebest

simplythebest

NRL Player
May 22, 2014
For hip dropping each other at the same time?

I was thinking double knock out.

Why would we cut Flegs loose? IF we do, he's get snapped up by every other team and in fact, if he went to the Roosters or Storm, he'd get away with everything too and become an Australian prop.

Why wouldn't we cut Flegs loose if he's going to keep playing the tampon role? (in for one week and out for 3)

Allo

Allo

International Rep
Forum Staff
Sep 28, 2012
What’s the plan? Does Walters go back to 6 when Turpin comes back or is he now out of favour?

You could say Paix out and Walters stays on the bench with Gamble 6, but honestly who knows with Kev

(the reason I say Paix is because he took a few weeks to even get selected and only came in with Kelly gone and Walters starting)

Sproj

Sproj

Immortal
Senior Staff
Sep 6, 2013
So have we got to the bottom of whether James was just totally dropped or is he injured?

McHunt

McHunt

International Rep
Contributor
Aug 25, 2018
Somebody mentioned earlier (can't be assed trying to find the post to quote) that this is the 4th halves pairing in 7 weeks.

I think that's a bit of a stretch considering this is the first time a change has been made that wasn't due to injury 🤷‍♂️
Whoever said that was correct. They must be pretty switched on to have spotted that.

McHunt

McHunt

International Rep
Contributor
Aug 25, 2018
There are a number of things that I think theoretically, this side is attempting to do.

Reynolds and gamble generally prefer that first receiver role. Having TMM at fullback enables him to play that traditional 6 (second receiver) role.

Hass, Jensen, palasia and Kennedy have pretty quick play the balls so I would be telling corey and Billy that if there is a quick play the ball or only one marker go for a run. Flegler can get quick play the balls but often thinks his job is over after he is tackled.

Like souths have done with cook and Murray, I would identify our players with a quick play the ball and use them as a set up for a dummy half run or backline movement.
Or he pulled the names out of a hat.

Screennt2bvvyqhst81

Foordy

Foordy

International Captain
Contributor
Mar 4, 2008
So have we got to the bottom of whether James was just totally dropped or is he injured?

Looks like dropped.

Not in a casualty list anywhere, although neither is Turpin.

But Broncos.com.au mentions that Turpin is injured (shoulder) ... doesn't mention James at all

Status
Not open for further replies.

Active Now

• Broncosarethebest
  • Broncorob
  • broncos4life
  • bb_gun
  • Strop
  • RolledOates
  • Johnny92
  • The Don
  • Foordy
  • BroncosMan
  • Bucking Beads
  • Lostboy
  • Manlyman
  • lakers133334
  • matthewransom34@ic
  • Xzei
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.