vs

Kickoff In:

Thursday
Morning
10:00

Team Lists

Status
Not open for further replies.
From Palasia's point of view, he didn't really do anything to warrant being sent to the sin bin. Every game since the no punching rule came in, players have been slapping or shoving the opposition player in the face whilst holding their jersey.

If that's the reason he is going to be dropped for this week, then that's pretty ordinary from Walters. He has easily been our best forward after Haas and Carrigan. I don't think he deserves to be dropped.
There was actually another face push in the Eels/Tigers game that went completely unpunished. Think it was Simonsson. Sproj Sproj add it to your list of inconsistencies.

There was actually another face push in the Eels/Tigers game that went completely unpunished. Think it was Simonsson. Sproj Sproj add it to your list of inconsistencies.
To be fair I’d rather that one stay as an inconsistency that no ref will call again for a long time. Not something we want consistently called. Would just continue to ruin the fabric of the game. Probably not the right thread but this administration seriously need to stop tampering with the interpretation and strictness of rules. I’m seriously curious if Vlandy’s thinks 6 agains, influx of Sin Bins and inconsistent interpretations are what this game need. Get rid of the lot of them and go back to what footy used to be. I want tactical footy back not this constant adlib overly fast paced ref influenced bullshit we have now. This isn’t even specifically anything bias about the broncos. I could watch footy all weekend every weekend before this and I am struggling to find the love in what it is turning into and it has nothing to do with broncos shortcomings because I am still heavily invested in the bronxs.

Prefer them to win games and start playing football in April at the minute.
You’re taking what I said out of context. It was to do with getting in more cheap, consistent, reliable players. Has nothing to do with this week, this month or this season cause the reality is we don’t have those players at our luxury.

You’re taking what I said out of context. It was to do with getting in more cheap, consistent, reliable players. Has nothing to do with this week, this month or this season cause the reality is we don’t have those players at our luxury.
Tongue in cheek buddy. Know what you meant and agree.

FQqiSJlVsAE20d5

I disagree, just watching last week I could see our players trying their arses off to not get lazy in the ruck or do anything to give away a penalty, without being in the group it's hard to know but I dare say discipline and not doing anything to put the team under pressure would be high on the priority list.

If that's all true, Kevvie really had to take a stance given it really wasn't necessary, you're welcome to view it as soft or whatever but there was no need to do it.
I get what your saying, but If Palasia had known that an open hand push to the face would result in a sin bin, and he still went ahead and did it, sure drop him for having poor discipline. But that's not what happened. That incident has never been a sin bin before. He shouldn't of been sin binned. Had he punched him instead, then I would agree with everything you said.

Just watched the attempt by riki on Cleary before he did the low chip kick to may….. he was right there definitely could have made a tackle, instead he threw his foot out. That was really poor.

The contempt for Turpin amongst Brisbane fans just goes to show how little respect you get for defence. Good defenders are expendable. You have to score tries.
No I think a lot of people truely do respect that aspect of his game, I know I certainly do. It’s just when that’s all you offer it becomes an issue especially with Vlandy’s ball. Defence is important don’t get me wrong but more so defensive structures than the ability to cut someone in half. So when a playmaker can’t create points in this environment and fabric of football where heaps of points are scored we have to look elsewhere and personally I don’t think we should have to feel bad about it. We are in the business of results and he has spent 2 and a bit years of our club failing as a permanent member of our spine. So it’s Goodbye if you ask me.

The contempt for Turpin amongst Brisbane fans just goes to show how little respect you get for defence. Good defenders are expendable. You have to score tries.
I like Turpin, but I think it's more to do with the fact that every good hooker can do both. If Turpin's attack matched the level of his defence, he would be among the top hookers in the competition. Unfortunately, his attack is almost non-existent these days.

Seems like Bulldogs fans hate their team. Lot of talk of our centres 'impregnating' theirs....

Edit: and they really hate their coach lol

Status
Not open for further replies.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.