vs

Kickoff In:

Thursday
Morning
10:00

Team Lists

Status
Not open for further replies.
The only thing Macca and Jake have in common is being excellent defenders. Jake's service is infinitely faster, flatter and more targetted than Macca's. You must've forgotten Macca's feckless lobbing. It's true that occasionally Macca would pull a crafty run out of the bag, and Jake seems to have completely forgone that aspect of his game. Maybe he doesn't have it in him. Maybe it's how he's being coached. Maybe it's a combination of both. Probably the latter.

I'm not saying Jake isn't letting us down in attack, but comparing him to Macca is an undue slight.

But back to my original point, careful what you wish for in replacing him. I have seen no evidence this season that Billy or Cory have lifted the team when replacing Jake. If anything, we've missed Jake's defence and lost our lead.
Dislocation of the elbow ?
That would make it harder to throw long fast passes ? I remember the injury report . Then he was a "fast healer " and he`s back but ,,, diminished ?

Any one find out who has been confirmed yet?
Read that there were a bunch out at dinner together last night? That could wipe out a lot more than 4.

It is imperative that we pressure Burton's kicking game whilst keeping our discipline in check.

Gonna need Hussain Bolt sprinting from DH to pressure Burton .
That is his trick . He has such a huge boot he stands 10 metres deeper than most kickers . We got to the kicker once in the previous game when the half who stands a lot shallower kicked instead of Burton .

Torpedo bombs take a fraction longer to execute because the ball has to be dropped perfectly or they skew off the side of the boot . That`s part of the reason Burton stands deeper , but his long range allows it .

Thanks Covid for a 40+ win.

1650414573027.png

Aging like milk.

Interesting. Gould foreshadowed this scenario a few weeks ago and posed the question whether a club would admit to it in a crunch match like a grand final.

It's probably fair to assume no matter how many drop out there are likely to be Bulldogs players who are unwittingly infectious on the field. Which means they might not be as fit as they might otherwise be, and also they carry the risk of infecting our squad.

Kevvie said a few weeks ago there were only four players (not sure whether that's top 30) who haven't had Covid yet. I wonder if any of them will be playing.

But then again, I guess that also applies to the Bulldogs. Most of them have probably had it too.

It's probably fair to assume no matter how many drop out there are likely to be Bulldogs players who are unwittingly infectious on the field. Which means they might not be as fit as they might otherwise be, and also they carry the risk of infecting our squad.

Kevvie said a few weeks ago there were only four players (not sure whether that's top 30) who haven't had Covid yet. I wonder if any of them will be playing.

But then again, I guess that also applies to the Bulldogs. Most of them have probably had it too.
The way our defence is missing and falling off tackles there is absolutely no chance of us catching covid form the opposition.

Gonna need Hussain Bolt sprinting from DH to pressure Burton .
That is his trick . He has such a huge boot he stands 10 metres deeper than most kickers . We got to the kicker once in the previous game when the half who stands a lot shallower kicked instead of Burton .

Torpedo bombs take a fraction longer to execute because the ball has to be dropped perfectly or they skew off the side of the boot . That`s part of the reason Burton stands deeper , but his long range allows it .
Question: Could we have a player throw their shoe at him to disrupt his kicking process? Not hit him in the head (as they would call us for contact to the head), but maybe the ball or his foot or something? I'm am just interested as to how they would officiate it.

This is so true. So often we have had the opposition's halfback or centre in at marker and there has been an opportunity down the short side, but turpin only goes up the open side.

He just misses opportunities.

The top hookers you can see look at the defensive line when the tackle is being completed and react accordingly. Jake is looking at the next person the structured set tells him to pass to.
Every time I see the center or half caught at marker I think a blindside play is on... and as you say the good teams see that as well and target it.

There are triggers that good hookers see and they know they have a license to run... 1 or 0 markers (run), quick ptb on get out set (continue running it down their throat), centre/half caught at marker with a quick ptb (blindside play)... also noting this is a trigger for the half to wrap around to the blindside as well.

They just seem obvious to everyone else but we dont seem to do them.

I noticed that Cook used to do it under Seibold and that's when he had his breakout year.... literally every quick ptb was a trigger for Cook to run.

I then saw Seibold try to implement it here, except he had Macca, who would make 10m but had zero threat on the defensive line... Macca went from barely running every game to constantly running on quick ptb, but it was a detriment to the rest of the attack, because Macca was zero threat on a quick ptb.... of course Seibold continued with the tactic though.

Status
Not open for further replies.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.