Thursday
Morning
10:00

Team Lists

Status
Not open for further replies.
Did more than Brenko did so that’s enough for me
100%

I'd rather see Herbie given a chance at fullback with Hoeter at centre than Cobbo at 1. I just don't think Cobbo has the tools to play at fullback yet. Just hope herbie is fit.

I’m not a huge fan of Herbie to FB but **** it has to happen. Either that or we go loan a player for 3 weeks because we can’t play Cobbo at Fullback and win.

I have a good feeling in my tummy that we win this game 13 plus

as embarrassing as it is, can we actually get isaako back?

Nah, he's had his chances. I'd rather Cobbo be given the chance to shit the bed than know that Jamayne will almost certainly shit the bed.

1. Mead
2. Oates
3. Farnsworth
4. Staggs
5. Cobbo
6. Gamble
7. Reynolds
8. Fleglar (make the stupid shit earn his money).
9. Turpin (no point picking anyone else because it won’t happen)
10. Haas
11. Capewell
12. Riki
13. Hethrington
14. Paix
15. Palasia
16. Jensen
17. James

1. Herbie
2. Oates
3. Staggs
4. Cobbo or Hoeter
5. Pereria or Cobbo
6. Gamble
7. Reynolds
8. Palasia
9. Paix
10. Haas
11. Capewell
12. Riki
13. Hetherington
14. Walters
15. Jensen
16. ?
17. ? Maybe have Hoeter or Lee play a forward role

Bulldogs win you watch. Kev needs to be sacked. What club gives an extension to a coach with his results? Fmd

As much as I want to see change, Im not a fan of what some people are suggesting and changing 3 of our 4 spine members next week. Last year people complained about too many changes.
I think Billy should stay at 6, and then either change FB (due to injury) or Hooker (due to zero attack potential from Turnip).

This will be a tight contest as it was in Round 2. The Dogs have a few guys who can hurt the brittle Bronco defensive line. Burton, JAC, TPJ, Dufty can all do damage. But their spine is even more fucked up than ours and ARey will be the difference in what should be a thriller.

We have had the Dog's number even at our lowest point and this is a bit of a nothing game between two teams who are going nowhere. Flip a coin for this one.

Walters looked better in the trials without Reynolds there. For whatever reason, the Walters and Reynolds combination isn't quite working. Walters is just lacking a bit of creativity, and besides some ok individual moments with ball in hand, he isn't offering too much in attack for his outside players.

I think he still deserves a spot in the team so I would be putting Walters back to hooker, and giving Gamble a go at five-eighth. I'm not sure if Gamble will gel well with Reynolds either, but maybe he could offer a bit more creativity in attack. His energy and enthusiasm might also lift us too.

Though, out of all our halves options (aside from Mam), I want Te Maire Martin to play alongside Reynolds. This is completely based off the player he once was before his injury/retirement. I have no idea what he's form is like anymore, and if he even is a genuine chance to make an NRL comeback. But if he was an actual chance to play first grade, I think he would compliment Reynolds pretty well. He would offer us some spark in attack and might be able to create some more point scoring opportunities than what we are getting from Walters right now.

Is anyone able to provide an update on Martin and where his form is at?

As much as I want to see change, Im not a fan of what some people are suggesting and changing 3 of our 4 spine members next week. Last year people complained about too many changes.
I think Billy should stay at 6, and then either change FB (due to injury) or Hooker (due to zero attack potential from Turnip).
I can understand not wanting to make too many changes, but I don't think it is worth persisting with the current spine as it's never going to be enough against the top teams. Turpin offers next to nothing besides defence. Turpin would be ok, if the rest of our spine was creative enough to compensate for his lack of attack. Likewise, Walters isn't combining well enough with Reynolds, and I'm not convinced he is the right five-eighth for this team right now. On top of that, now with Niu out indefinitely, we are down the only other attacking threat besides Reynolds. This game is as good as any to make the necessary changes and hopefully finding a combination that works. We can then settle on that combination, and keep it constant for the rest of the season pending injury.

1. Farnworth
2. Oates
3. Staggs
4. Cobbo
5. Pereria
6. Walters
7. Reynolds
8. Jensen
9. Paix
10. Hass
11. Capewell
12. Riki
13. Hetherington

14. Gamble
15. Paliasa
16. Robati
17. Hoeter

This is a more a working with what we have available line up and it is built around utility value more than anything.

I don't think Gamble could play at lock for 80 mins, but having him play there for a 10-15 min stint or two gives us something different in attack. He also provides cover for the halves.

I would also try Hoeter as the Dummy half off the bench. Again he won't be able to play a long stint there, but I like the idea of a proper utility player in the Mitch Aubusson mould off the bench medium to long term. Gamble or Walters could also be shifted there if it doesn't work at all.

1. Mead
2. Oates
3. Farnsworth
4. Staggs
5. Cobbo
6. Gamble
7. Reynolds
8. Fleglar (make the stupid shit earn his money).
9. Turpin (no point picking anyone else because it won’t happen)
10. Haas
11. Capewell
12. Riki
13. Hethrington
14. Paix
15. Palasia
16. Jensen
17. James
Wasn't Mead in a knee brace earlier this week?

Can someone confirm if Flegler, Haas, and Farnworth are expected to return for this game? How about Carrigan? Is he still a few weeks away?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Unread

Active Now

• LittleDavey
  • I bleed Maroon
  • ChewThePhatt
  • Harry Sack
  • Bish
  • pennywisealfie
  • broncsgoat
  • whykickamoocow
  • FACTHUNT
  • GCBRONCO
  • Fatboy
  • Volvo Driver
  • Mr Fourex
  • Morkel
  • Allo
  • mrslong
  • Wolfie
  • Broncs1459
  • Foordy
  • Brett Da Man LeMan
... and 9 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.