10. Hass
11. Capewell
12. Riki
13. Hetherington

14. Gamble
15. Paliasa
16. Robati
17. Hoeter

This is a more a working with what we have available line up and it is built around utility value more than anything.

I don't think Gamble could play at lock for 80 mins, but having him play there for a 10-15 min stint or two gives us something different in attack. He also provides cover for the halves.

I would also try Hoeter as the Dummy half off the bench. Again he won't be able to play a long stint there, but I like the idea of a proper utility player in the Mitch Aubusson mould off the bench medium to long term. Gamble or Walters could also be shifted there if it doesn't work at all.
Billy Walters is a scratching - he’s accepted the early guilty plea and one week suspension for not acknowledging Nathan Cleary’s apology after that tackle last night..

He may actually face an additional charge of allowing Cleary to put him in a position to make a dangerous tackle. So Billy is out for one, possibly two weeks

So given the doubt over Herbie’s availability, Cobbo clearly not being ready, Niu out, Mead out, it’s a good thing we moved Isaako on.
Didn't you get the memo? It's the Broncos' way. It has been since Ribot left.

So given the doubt over Herbie’s availability, Cobbo clearly not being ready, Niu out, Mead out, it’s a good thing we moved Isaako on.
Kevvie might do something wild like
1. Walters
6. Gamble

Yes he might. Honestly, in the squad if all those guys are out, I genuinely don’t know who you put there. Let’s hope Herbie is good to go.
How would Staggs go at full back? Probably not really his game but could be desperate hours

We are definitely losing this game, the refs will be especially bad and this is the nrls chance to get dogs a win, they won’t waste it.

this board will go into meltdown because our record will be looking awfully similar to the last three years…..

we need a real coach. Sorry for the doom and gloom.

you know your problems aren’t getting even close to being fixed when I turned the telly off after the first half because I’ve seen this show before. I’ve not seen any improvement in our defence system.

How would Staggs go at full back? Probably not really his game but could be desperate hours

Fir me the questions would be his fitness (as fullback requires a higher level than center) and his ability under the bomb.

Fir me the questions would be his fitness (as fullback requires a higher level than center) and his ability under the bomb.
Yeah fitness would be a big question but would you say Niu has that fitness? As for catching bombs, all our other options just let them bounce anyway.

Well if we can't win this then the engine light is on for our season.

I'm not sure if he's fit but if he is I'd have mead at the back if we aren't going to go with cobbo.

I wonder if with injuries and say we want Cobbo as a winger and dip into the q-cup pool and snag Jack Ahearn for a game. Probably our only feeder option half worthwhile looking at in that position before it is anymore abundantly clear we need to go to market.

Pretty obvious the gameplan last night was "get the ball to Kotoni." And it's a good one. With that in mind, let's move Kotoni closer to the ball. Also to honour the club's promise to him.

Delouise holds his spot, but not at Herbie's expense. Herbie either goes to his preferred side to play right centre, or to fullback. In which case, Selwyn would return to centre. Prefer Herbie to fullback, just to get a look at him there.

In which case, Herbie is playing for his contract. If he kills it at fullback, he gets the gig and the payrise. If not, it's off to the Dolphins or no payrise.

Bringing Kotoni into the halves is a somewhat less painful way to ease the Walters child out of five-eighth before he thinks he owns it. He comes on for Turpin halfway through the second half.

1. Selwyn Cobbo/Herbie Farnworth
2. Corey Oates
3. Herbie Farnworth (preferred right side)/Selwyn Cobbo
4. Delouise Hoeter
5. Jordan Pereira
6. Kotoni Staggs
7. Adam Reynolds
8. Payne Haas
9. Jake Turpin
10. Tom Flegler
11. Jordan Riki
12. Kurt Capewell
13. Kobe Hetherington

14. Billy Walters
15. Keenan Palasia
16. Corey Jensen
17. TC Robati

We question why our players are so stupid, but they are really just mirroring our administration.
Pretty obvious the gameplan last night was "get the ball to Kotoni." And it's a good one. With that in mind, let's move Kotoni closer to the ball. Also to honour the club's promise to him.

Delouise holds his spot, but not at Herbie's expense. Herbie either goes to his preferred side to play right centre, or to fullback. In which case, Selwyn would return to centre. Prefer Herbie to fullback, just to get a look at him there.

In which case, Herbie is playing for his contract. If he kills it at fullback, he gets the gig and the payrise. If not, it's off to the Dolphins or no payrise.

Bringing Kotoni into the halves is a somewhat less painful way to ease the Walters child out of five-eighth before he thinks he owns it. He comes on for Turpin halfway through the second half.

1. Selwyn Cobbo/Herbie Farnworth
2. Corey Oates
3. Herbie Farnworth (preferred right side)/Selwyn Cobbo
4. Delouise Hoeter
5. Jordan Pereira
6. Kotoni Staggs
7. Adam Reynolds
8. Payne Haas
9. Jake Turpin
10. Tom Flegler
11. Jordan Riki
12. Kurt Capewell
13. Kobe Hetherington

14. Billy Walters
15. Keenan Palasia
16. Corey Jensen
17. Rhys Kennedy
Reynolds on the left would reduce his kicking game, and Staggs on the left will take away his right step and left hand fend. 100% against Staggs in the halves with Reynolds, especially with Staggs just running into some form.

Gamble has to be #6 for this game. He wasn't bashing the door down with his form last year either but he lifted and we were much better when he was on the field. I think we will be again. He backs himself...can run and find a gap, has a varied kicking game (which last year was on point) and an aggressive, never-say-die attitude. He's like a poor man's Munster.

Status
Not open for further replies.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.