POST GAME [Round 7, 2022] Broncos vs Bulldogs

also **** i was happy to have gamble back. just that little thing with dufty. i love that sorta shit in my footy team. you need one bloke like that. would love for him to keep playing well so we can keep him in side.

hes the bloke you hate when there against you and aboslutly love when hes on your side. just like ennis
He was one of our worst almost as bad as Walters to be honest. Not going to listen to this crap about his energy. If you actually think that niggle has more value than a 6 actually playing well and making their tackles your a moron. Did not play well at all.

Pretty rubbish performance even though we won by 20.

Billy played himself out of the team, as soon as Turpin is fit he must go back to starting 9. The only thing Kevvie did well tonight was leaving his son on the bench after he hooked him.

Gamble offers so little, he is just not an option at 6. TMM looked to have some class, he should be given a shot at 6 if we can find a 1 somewhere.

Riki had a try assist and also saved one tonight (held up). Agree mostly on Haas. He racks up the stats but his hit-ups are purely that, unlike TPJ, for example.
I’m not saying he’s bad, just that his impact has waned & I don’t think we get the most out of him playing him the way we do.

3. Reynolds
2. Cobbo
1. Te-Marie Martin

Well......I'll be fucked. My mate and I were telling each other at half time that we wouldn't want to be Kevin Walters right about now.....And then that 2nd half happened. I tell you what, we're royally FUCKED if Reynolds goes down with an injury long term because he carried us on his back like a sherpa carries a naive fat american tourist. Just an unbelievable 2nd half performance from him. It's about time a leader stepped up and showed these idiots how to win.

Speaking of, there is ZERO excuse now. They know how to win now. If it isn't drilled into their heads now it never will be. Special shout out to Te-Marie Martin. Considering how much scrutiny he was under, I think he did a magnicificent job personally. No stupid errors, was always looking to create something on the return...Just a solid as **** performance from a guy who hasn't played in over 2 years.

Don't even get me started on the refs. Just a shitshow of a game from then. ARE WE THE ONLY FUCKING SIDE IN THE COMP THAT GETS PINGED FOR 10 METRES?? Like seriously explain it to me like I'm 12.....

I think I was just so shocked to see one of our players rocketing in on such a perfect line, like it was actually confusing for a split second at first lol.
We have a few players we could run plays like that with more often, for the size and mobility of a guy like Haas just hitting him on an angle run a few metres out would give us an even chance at scoring.

Not sure I'm giving Paix as much credit as I'm putting a line through Walters. The team certainly clicked better when he came on. Plus that try showed us how Jake has been letting us down out of dummy half.

Wouldn't object to TMM being moved into 5/8th, and Cobbo to fullback, but for the first time, maybe since Bennett left, fullback doesn't look broken. Plus Selwyn's becoming a damn good winger. Maybe he's another case of it's not broken, leave it alone.
To be honest your last statement makes the most sense to me. Id personally leaves the spine as is. I know it wasnt walters' best game but i think paix cant play 80 minutes and walters provides greater utility.
Id also add that it wasnt just walters but the whole team apart from reynolds that was bad in that 1st half.
Id leave it alone and try and build on what went right building combinations.
I think gamble, paix, walters and martin can only get better playing regularly together.

Gamble wasn't that bad, his kick to pangai was crap but he's really good at running deep into the line and then passing which then creates space for the outside men which Herbie clearly made the most of 🤣. I thought gamble didn't over play his hand so that was good

Gamble =

Bidirectional-Tripod-Turnstile-Optional-RFID-Reader-Qr-Reader-Facial-Machine-Access-Control-Solution.jpg

No one noticed the half dozen tackles he missed ?
Or the intercept he threw straight to Ockenbor ?

You can tell Reynolds and Capewell are frustrated with the raw deal the Broncos cop off the refs. It's just fucking blatant.

TMM did well. Class player and hope he keeps killing it. Otherwise, happy for the win but still some worrying signs.

Active Now

• Xarr
  • Astro
  • Battler
  • bb_gun
  • ivanhungryjak
  • Xzei
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.