PRE-GAME Round 7 - Broncos vs Sharks

vs

Kickoff In:

Thursday
Morning
10:00

Team Lists

I reckon Lodge and Haas will start with TPJ and Offa relieving, Fifita for sure as well with Stagg. Not sure how long Glenns got left but out of him and Gilette, Glenn goes. We will win tomorrow night and there'll be a spring in everyone's step.

I reckon Lodge and Haas will start with TPJ and Offa relieving, Fifita for sure as well with Stagg. Not sure how long Glenns got left but out of him and Gilette, Glenn goes. We will win tomorrow night and there'll be a spring in everyone's step.

Then the showdown with Wayne next week

Not sure why people are ragging on these blokes fronting the media when the NRL say they have to do it each week.

Send one of the juniors up. I'm sick to **** of seeing useless players telling us that they know they're useless but to stick with them.

We've been hearing it since that field goal in 2015. I'm fucking sick of knowing the players know they have to win, and have to play better, etc. At this point, everytime one of these numpties gets on a camera, he's lying to the fans.

Last edited:
I like Carrigan, I hope he gets a spot for my SVRL team's sake, but he really isn't a player I would have on the bench with a full strength forward pack.

Despite his indifferent start of the year, I would start Ofa in the 13 and have TPJ coming off the bench with Flegler as the other middle for impact purposes. I would also prefer starting Fifita or a fit Su'a instead of Glenn, depending on which one is better suited to the left side and protecting Milford.
This would leave little room for Carrigan on the bench as a third middle player. It really is between him and Flegler, and at the moment, young Thomas rightfully has the nod to come in for a short stint to maintain the go forward.

Patty will get his chance I'm sure, and once he does grab the spot, I'm sure he won't let it go. There is a reason the club puts so much faith in him!

Faults? He is perfect!

Seriously though, there isnt anything glaringly obvious. Thats actually quite difficult to think of anything. Thats not saying he doesnt have things he cant improve though. He plays decent minutes but i think he could play bigger ones if he improved his fitness for NRL games. For a middle forward, i cant see too much that he is weak at, but everything he does he will get better at the more he plays imo.

Be intersting to see what @1910 thinks his weaknesses are because while i dont actually see too many weaknesses, he has seen more of him than i have.
Does he have an offload Wolfie?

Anzac jersey tomorrow? Gauranted win.

Does he have an offload Wolfie?

He does, but i think he has reigned it in a bit since his u20's days. I think he just concentrates on doing things right at this moment in time. Keeps his work rate up, runs and tackles hard, just does the basics a young middle forward should imo. The offload part of his game will come back in time.

I like Carrigan, I hope he gets a spot for my SVRL team's sake, but he really isn't a player I would have on the bench with a full strength forward pack.

Despite his indifferent start of the year, I would start Ofa in the 13 and have TPJ coming off the bench with Flegler as the other middle for impact purposes. I would also prefer starting Fifita or a fit Su'a instead of Glenn, depending on which one is better suited to the left side and protecting Milford.
This would leave little room for Carrigan on the bench as a third middle player. It really is between him and Flegler, and at the moment, young Thomas rightfully has the nod to come in for a short stint to maintain the go forward.

Patty will get his chance I'm sure, and once he does grab the spot, I'm sure he won't let it go. There is a reason the club puts so much faith in him!

If everyone was fully fit, i actually wouldnt go with Staggs on the bench. I'd be looking at TPJ, Flegler, Carrigan/Joffa and Glenn/Sua. Not sure we can run the risk of not having Kotoni there with Roberts how he is.

If everyone was fully fit, i actually wouldnt go with Staggs on the bench. I'd be looking at TPJ, Flegler, Carrigan/Joffa and Glenn/Sua. Not sure we can run the risk of not having Kotoni there with Roberts how he is.
With the minutes our forwards are capable of, I would definitely always go with a utility on the bench, and Staggs is a seriously good player, whom I would like to see try his hand at dummy half.
This would kill 2 birds with one stone too, as it would provide some relief for Macca, who IMO becomes more erratic towards the end of each half.

With the minutes our forwards are capable of, I would definitely always go with a utility on the bench, and Staggs is a seriously good player, whom I would like to see try his hand at dummy half.
This would kill 2 birds with one stone too, as it would provide some relief for Macca, who IMO becomes more erratic towards the end of each half.

Wouldnt be against that with Kotoni, but i dont think they will take that option.

Except Seibold been's on record several times that he prefers an eighty-minute hooker, which he has in Macca. Sure, that's at least 60 minutes of the attack going nowhere but that doesn't seem to be his priority.

He's also said today, he doesn't think attack is the problem, and he's sticking with the existing spine.

Seibold: "I haven’t seen attack being our issue at all."

Anthony Seibold identifies Broncos’ biggest problem in slow start to 2019

CHRIS HONNERY, The Courier-MailApril 26, 2019 5:43am

Brisbane will focus on making every tackle against Cronulla in an attempt to repair their horror start to the NRL season.
Broncos coach Anthony Seibold said crucial one-on-one missed tackles had proved the difference between his side winning and losing in the past two weeks. The club has come under intense scrutiny for their 1-5 win-loss record, with damning statistics showing the Broncos have conceded the most points (141) in their opening six rounds since their 2010 campaign.
Five-eighth Anthony Milford this week accepted responsibility for his side’s poor start to the season and revealed he had been doing extra training with Brisbane’s defensive coaches to fix his tackling skills. Seibold felt his side would have won their past few games had it not been for crucial missed tackles. “Last week, we made five line breaks to four,” he said.

eebdc0151dcbb0a1b4b74e3b8fcef277

Broncos coach Anthony Seibold. Picture: Annette Dew

“Five line breaks is enough to win you the game, 22 points is enough to win you a game. “I don’t see criticism of (the Broncos spine) is necessarily warranted. I haven’t seen attack being our issue at all. “There’s some things in games we can be better, no doubt about that. “It’s not our attack, it’s our one-on-one tackles that we’re getting punished for.

“At times, I just think we’ve missed some crucial one-on-ones. Payne (Haas) missed one tackle all game (against the Raiders) and it was a try. “The week before he missed one tackle and it was the one on (Tigers player Michael) Chee-Kam to lose the game. “The missed tackles that we are making are ones that are costly.”

e7bd68a33373b02cd26a0e3c4a118c88

Matt Lodge and Tevita Pangai Junior are back for the Broncos. Picture: Annette Dew

The Broncos will be bolstered at Suncorp Stadium with a full-strength forward pack for the first time this year, with the return of Tevita Pangai Jr (suspension) and Matt Lodge (throat injury). Both players are expected to team up with 19-year-old Haas in the middle in what will be a 353kg prop rotation. Seibold said he would finally see what his roster had to offer for the first time in his Red Hill tenure. “It’s great that we do have everyone available,” Seibold said. “We did have a bit of a disrupted start with our middle forwards with suspension. “I think they’ve all missed games through suspension and injuries so to have those guys back in the group it strengthens us and gives us a bit more experience there with Tevita and Lodge. “I think the younger guys have done a good job so far. “We made some good strides over the last two weeks. It’s small steps. “We’ll get a pretty good indication of where we’re at against a pretty good Cronulla team.”

Last edited:
Except Seibold been's on record several times that he prefers an eighty-minute hooker, which he has in Macca. Sure, that's at least 60 minutes of the attack going nowhere but that doesn't seem to be his priority.

He's also said today, he doesn't think attack is the problem, and he's sticking with the existing spine.

I think its more he sees other things as more important to fix up first. We cant do a great deal until we complete our sets, hold the ball and stop missing so many tackles. I'm fairly sure changes will happen once we fix that up.

8. Lodge
10. Haas
13. TPJ

REALLY looking forward to seeing these three playing together finally.

I agree with you about this. If he intends to play Haas as a starter, I think the ideal rotation for him would be 30 - off - back on around the 10-15 minute mark of the second half and then play for the rest of the game. I would think something similar for McCullough as well, but Seibold seems to be wedded to an 80 minute hooker (so to speak).

I think its more he sees other things as more important to fix up first. We cant do a great deal until we complete our sets, hold the ball and stop missing so many tackles. I'm fairly sure changes will happen once we fix that up.

I can't argue that the defence needs tightening, but it doesn't help when the attack looks unstructured, and when it does manage to hold the ball for a full set, wastes it on the fifth. It's clear Milford isn't planning where he wants to be, and where he wants his runners to be, on the fifth. I'm blaming the coach for that. And if the coach wants to pass the buck to Milford, then he shouldn't select him at five-eighth.

I haven't been a great fan of his bench rotation work, but I hope Seibold is not stubborn and adapts.

He isn't wrong about our attack. Defense, ball control and game management have been our biggest issues without a doubt.
We're not as one dimensional in attack as we were the last few years, and you can see some of Seibs attacking structures already on display in attack. It's far from a finished polished product though.

I'm all on board to change the spine, but it is also true there is no one ready to fill the biggest need we have.

Can’t see us losing this game. The sharks were ordinary last week, despite getting the win.

When was the last time we lost three in a row at home?

Funnily enough, the 3rd loss in a row was the ANZAC day clash against the Rabbitohs.

Active Now

• Cavalo
  • lynx000
  • Sproj
  • Broncosarethebest
  • Shane Tronc
  • GCBRONCO
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.