PRE-GAME Round 7 - Broncos vs Sharks

vs

Kickoff In:

Thursday
Morning
10:00

Team Lists

You probably don't think Flegler has been better, but the reality is overall he has been. It's partly due to having more minutes which gives him more opportunity, but that's kind of beside the point.

I dont think he has been better, but they dont really play the same role either. I see exactly the same thing i was seeing last year from him. He is brilliant for 10 mins or so when he can run around like a lunatic throwing himself into everything, but ones he gets tired he gets a bit sloppy.

Last edited:
Valid point

I disagree with the sentiment that Ofahengaue has been bang average, despite the lack of match fitness which becomes evident in the tail end of his stints, he's still putting up more than acceptable numbers for a starting prop.

11.3 runs, 122.4 metres, 38.8 PCM, 33.6 tackles @ 89% efficiency.

Not exactly screaming out to be dropped.

Well I mean.. if you're openly admitting that Flegler is a better bench option to Carrigan I really don't see what the issue is here, TPJ & Joe will get first crack at cementing the starting 13 spot over Carrigan, that's just how life works. Neither of those two are playing poor enough to be "must drops" for Seibold, and Carrigan isn't playing so unbelievably well that he's demanding selection ahead of their of them, so you're just going to have to bide your time along with Patty, his chance will come to start this season, don't worry about that.

I hope this doesn't look like I'm against Carrigan, because I'm absolutely not, I've really enjoyed his 2 games and think he's got huge potential, I hope he kills when he gets another chance.

Yeah I agree that offa has been solid and I don't understand why people think he should be dropped. I think flegler and carrigan will be rotated, just as seibold says in the article we have 3 games in 11 days. We were always going to have problems fitting all these talented forwards in , but they are still only young. I'd like to see Glenn dropped to the bench but we need experience and we can't have all of them in the team as they will eventually burn out our make costly mistakes.

I dont think he has been better, but they dont really play the same role either. I see exactly the same thing i was seeing last year from him. He is brilliant for 10 mins or so when he can run around like a lunatic throwing himself into everything, but ones he gets tired he gets a bit sloppy.

In your opinion what are Carrigan's faults? Genuine question I don't watch the lower grades. Think Flegler has been pretty good for us for a rookie. Dropping him would be harsh at this point.

From Foxsports.com.au

...Seibold also confirmed halfback Kodi Nikorima is set to play despite not finishing training on Thursday, with rookie Tom Dearden still on standby.

In your opinion what are Carrigan's faults? Genuine question I don't watch the lower grades. Think Flegler has been pretty good for us for a rookie. Dropping him would be harsh at this point.

Faults? He is perfect!

Seriously though, there isnt anything glaringly obvious. Thats actually quite difficult to think of anything. Thats not saying he doesnt have things he cant improve though. He plays decent minutes but i think he could play bigger ones if he improved his fitness for NRL games. For a middle forward, i cant see too much that he is weak at, but everything he does he will get better at the more he plays imo.

Be intersting to see what @1910 thinks his weaknesses are because while i dont actually see too many weaknesses, he has seen more of him than i have.

Last edited:
My gripe is like i said, he hasnt put a foot wrong and gets demoted ( unless you class 1 missed tackle as putting a foot wrong ). I dont think he deserves it.

I'd see it less as a demotion and more that he got a chance to fill in an NRL spot while other guys were unavailable, but it was only ever going to be a temporary thing this early in the year with an already young team under pressure.

My gripe is like i said, he hasnt put a foot wrong and gets demoted ( unless you class 1 missed tackle as putting a foot wrong ). I dont think he deserves it.

Literally nobody is saying he deserves to be dropped, so I don't know why you keep saying that. That's just life, sometimes you miss out. It's verging on creepy how infatuated you are and persistent that he has to be in the team at all costs, even to the point that you're starting to turn on the coach and other players who are in the team ahead of him.

Like, we get it man, he's good, he's going to be good. Just relax, tone it down from 110% to like 85% and we'll all breathe a little easier, including Patty's parents who would probably be genuinely worried for their sons safety if they ever read this forum.

Literally nobody is saying he deserves to be dropped, so I don't know why you keep saying that. That's just life, sometimes you miss out. It's verging on creepy how infatuated you are and persistent that he has to be in the team at all costs, even to the point that you're starting to turn on the coach and other players who are in the team ahead of him.

Like, we get it man, he's good, he's going to be good. Just relax, tone it down from 110% to like 85% and we'll all breathe a little easier, including Patty's parents who would probably be genuinely worried for their sons safety if they ever read this forum.

I think you take it all too seriously. Really.

I havent turned on any players. That idiot coach is a different story.

We take it too seriously but the coach is an idiot for not selecting Carrigan. Got it.

Let's move on shall we?

We take it too seriously but the coach is an idiot for not selecting Carrigan. Got it.

Let's move on shall we?

Facepalm

I still cant quite believe you had to ask if i was joking in the first place.

Last edited:
I'd see it less as a demotion and more that he got a chance to fill in an NRL spot while other guys were unavailable, but it was only ever going to be a temporary thing this early in the year with an already young team under pressure.
Carrigan actually got promoted this week. He jumped above Su'a. A few weeks ago he jumped above Fensom. He's still trending upwards.

I take it this has pushed you over the edge on your opinion of seibold. You showed way more restraint last week

He was still pretty impressive against the Raiders, played 34 mins, picked up 120 metres.

Yeah that’s pretty handy, guess I just didn’t notice him

The man said round 8\9. Surely we are not that fickle we can't give him til then.

I wish someone could take dummy half runs like Hodges used to. Boyd seems to do it now but my god is he slow off the mark. Those damn concrete boots of his
I don't see why Bird doesn't have a go at it.

I don't see why Bird doesn't have a go at it.
Bird has tried but he has ended up getting claimed by the markers more often than not. He probably has comparable speed to Hodges, but he lacks his elusiveness. Hodges had a distinct running style where he didn't get much clearance off the ground. It enabled him to cut his strides short and step at any time. I haven't seen it replicated.

The man said round 8\9. Surely we are not that fickle we can't give him til then.

Thats about the right amount of time i think. If he still sticks with the same things after then, i wont know what to think tbh. I really just want him to do well just to shut up people like Tallis and Lazarus. So sick of these old players having a pop when they dont have a clue about whats happening here.

Can’t see us losing this game. The sharks were ordinary last week, despite getting the win.

When was the last time we lost three in a row at home?

Active Now

• Aldo
  • Xzei
  • Bronco bob
  • Browny
  • GCBRONCO
  • Sproj
  • Brett Da Man LeMan
  • Wolfie
  • ChewThePhatt
  • Allo
  • NSW stables
  • Foordy
  • Culhwch
  • BroncosAlways
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.