PRE-GAME Round 7 - Broncos vs Sharks

vs

Kickoff In:

Thursday
Morning
10:00

Team Lists

Offa has offered more than carrigan, that's fact. Why weaken the team to put another rookie in , if anything rotate carrigan and flegler. These young forwards need to be kept fresh or they will burn out . Glenn and gillo have offered nothing but they get to keep their spots??
Gillett has offered nothing? Only 2 tries since he went back to his edge and Nikorima is suddenly no longer a speed bump because of his protection. Wish Glenn did the same with Milf.

This mate. It’s only round 6. Yes we are 1 and 5. Yes we have been terrible BUT we have lost the last three games by 1, 4 & 4 points to teams all in the top eight and let’s be honest we are not even close to putting an 80min game together. If we can win the next couple of games and be 3 & 5 our season might start to turn around.

Yes we have been unlucky but those unlucky moments haven’t lost us the game. Poor discipline, ball control and an inability to put one single attacking play together without the ball going to ground is what has cost us. Fix those things and we might get some luck of our own and start winning. I feel as though with this team if we do start winning we will get on a roll.

The close losses are proof that our spine is shit house. If we had some sort of direction we probably win all those games.

8. Lodge
9. McCullough
10. Haas
11. Gillett
12. Fifita
13. Pangai Jr

14. Staggs
15. Glenn
16. Ofahengaue
17. Flegler/Carrigan

Please. Put Fifita on his right edge, put TPJ at lock, tell Gillett to tackle any **** who runs at Milford. Call it a day. This is comfortably our best pack rotation.

@AnthonySeibold
I'd prefer to leave Gillo where he is. He seems to have a pretty good understanding of how Niko plays, both offensively and defensively. TPJ is imo better off the bench as an impact forward to keep the roll on, and Ofa should be the starting lock. He has the work ethic and the offload ability.
Finally, get Fifita or Su'a to the left backrow edge, with the same instructions to destroy anyone coming at Milford. Glenn is a very likeable and serviceable player, but he just doesn't seem capable of doing that job.

I'd prefer to leave Gillo where he is. He seems to have a pretty good understanding of how Niko plays, both offensively and defensively. TPJ is imo better off the bench as an impact forward to keep the roll on, and Ofa should be the starting lock. He has the work ethic and the offload ability.
Finally, get Fifita or Su'a to the left backrow edge, with the same instructions to destroy anyone coming at Milford. Glenn is a very likeable and serviceable player, but he just doesn't seem capable of doing that job.

Ofahengaue is quickly becoming the most overrated player on here. His work rate isn't anything special, he made fewer metres than Flegler last night, Flegler played 15 fewer minutes. He gets constantly gassed at the back end of games and does lazy arms tackles that either lead to penalties or linebreaks. I've noticed it 3 weeks straight.

He's a 35-40 minute bench impact player until he improves his fitness.

Gillett has offered nothing? Only 2 tries since he went back to his edge and Nikorima is suddenly no longer a speed bump because of his protection. Wish Glenn did the same with Milf.

Hopefully sua can get back to full fitness at some stage. He was dead set hitting guys like a truck last season and has the potential to become Milford’s body guard. Glenn is not protecting Milford at all

since we have our full team available, the pack/bench i would go with is:

8. Lodge
9. McCullough (due to a lack of better alternatives)
10. Haas
11. Glenn
12. Gillett
13. Ofahengaue

14. Staggs
15. Pangai
16. Flegler
17. Fifita

Good side I’d like to see Fafita start instead of Glenn

Nikora has accepted a one match ban for a dangerous throw and will miss this match

The close losses are proof that our spine is shit house. If we had some sort of direction we probably win all those games.

If Isacco doesn’t drop the ball over the line against the Dragons and Macca doesn’t throw a shit pass to his feet for the FG we’d win and against the Tigers Bird and Fafita bombed certain tries we had one disallowed by a dodgy obstruction call another win and yesterday they score a lucky try off a guys head with 2 guys inside the 10 and we have one disallowed for a offside player that was actually onside. If we had some luck we’d be 3 maybe 4/6

Ofahengaue is quickly becoming the most overrated player on here. His work rate isn't anything special, he made fewer metres than Flegler last night, Flegler played 15 fewer minutes. He gets constantly gassed at the back end of games and does lazy arms tackles that either lead to penalties or linebreaks. I've noticed it 3 weeks straight.

He's a 35-40 minute bench impact player until he improves his fitness.
He also did more than twice the amount of tackles that Flegler did. He has also ran over 100 Mtrs every single game he played.

He is not flashy and isn't a great impact runner, but that doesn't mean he is overrated. He has on occasion been underwhelming this season, but yesterday he was good, and he was the only guy trying to stop Sutton from scoring the try assisted by a falcon towards the end of the game.

Our 1-7 won’t be changed at all and that’s where the real changes need to be made.

since we have our full team available, the pack/bench i would go with is:

8. Lodge
9. McCullough (due to a lack of better alternatives)
10. Haas
11. Glenn
12. Gillett
13. Ofahengaue

14. Staggs
15. Pangai
16. Flegler
17. Fifita

Is Lodge back though, I thought it was 1-4 weeks for his `throat' injury?

Canberra were the best defensive team in the league and we seriously put pressure on them offensively. If we hold on to the ball, we put on points against ANY team in the league. Apart from the Roosters we probably have the best offensive potential of any team.

We just need to fix our defense and we win games. We win lots of games.

Apart from our handling errors, we lead the league in letting in DUMB tries. We fix that, and we're on our way to finals.

Last edited:
Canberra were the best defensive team in the league and we seriously put pressure on them offensively. If we hold on to the ball, we put on points against ANY team in the league. Apart from the Roosters we probably have the best offensive potential of any team.

Yep , and I think they have more offense in them too . Once they settle in to seibolds game plan , I think they will be very hard to contain.

It's been a consistant trend this year, where teams score against us despite us appearing to be on top of them at the time.

Yep , and I think they have more offense in them too . Once they settle in to seibolds game plan , I think they will be very hard to contain.
What does this mean though? Our defence is terrible. I can't see any dramatic change in defensive patterns for them to come to terms with. Attack can definitely improve but it's not our biggest headache.

What does this mean though? Our defence is terrible. I can't see any dramatic change in defensive patterns for them to come to terms with. Attack can definitely improve but it's not our biggest headache.

I agree and I'm stumped to why we have been so bad , most teams concentrate on their defensive patterns at the start of the season.
South Sydney weren't this bad were they?

So he has no impact, but averages over 10m a run, and has a tackle efficiency of over 90%

Ok then.
Exactly... people wanting impact in the way that TPJ provides impact is a bit ridiculous to me. The props aren't there to score tries... they're there to keep the roll on and not **** up. Give me a guy that can churn out 40mins make 100m and not miss his tackles.

When I watch Carrigan he reminds me a little of Murray in his approach. He's not there looking to run over guys instead he uses a little footwork to get between defenders, find his front and get a quick play to generate the roll on. That is Seibold's blueprint right there and I can't believe he won't give him more minutes

I'm actually a little disappointed that Fleger got into the team through his trial form, because I think Carrigan and him were even footing coming into the season... and Flegler probably got the spot due to his game against Wynnum.

If Carrigan had of got the nod he might already be the starting 13 and resolved one of our merry go round positions.

I hope Seibold uses the return of Lodge and TPJ to run Haas and Carrigan off the bench... or maybe TPJ and Carrigan off the bench.

Like you've been saying he has to make the tough call and drop Sua... we cannot keep running with 1 prop on the bench, especially when the two back rowers are legitimate edge backrowers. Let them go back to ISC and demand selection through form.

On Flegler I'm not saying Flegler has been poor but I have a bit more faith in Carrigan's defence and I think he can reliably make meters through the middle. Flegler was looking a little fatigued yesterday as well so take a little pressure off him and let him have a run through ISC. The way our middles are going he could be back at any point through injury or suspension.

Last edited:

Apart from our handling errors, we lead the league in letting in DUMB tries. We fix that, and we're on our way to finals.

Apart from all that, we are equal last on the table on a 3 way race to a wooden spoon.

Unread

Active Now

• Financeguy
  • Fozz
  • broncsgoat
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.