vs

Kickoff In:

Thursday
Morning
10:00

Team Lists

since we have our full team available, the pack/bench i would go with is:

8. Lodge
9. McCullough (due to a lack of better alternatives)
10. Haas
11. Glenn
12. Gillett
13. Ofahengaue

14. Staggs
15. Pangai
16. Flegler
17. Fifita

since we have our full team available, the pack/bench i would go with is:

8. Lodge
9. McCullough (due to a lack of better alternatives)
10. Haas
11. Glenn
12. Gillett
13. Ofahengaue

14. Staggs
15. Pangai
16. Flegler
17. Fifita
Good with just a slight change for me. Fifita at 13, Offa out and Carrigan onto the bench.

Sua has done nothing this year. I think Seibs stuffed up by playing him through the middle and playing him not fit. A few games in ISC back in his normal position will do him the world of good.

Not disagreeing he should have been back in the ISC at the start but, his last two games have been solid and Glenn has been struggling imo. Milf needs a bodyguard and he is the perfect candidate.

Good with just a slight change for me. Fifita at 13, Offa out and Carrigan onto the bench.
Offa has offered more than carrigan, that's fact. Why weaken the team to put another rookie in , if anything rotate carrigan and flegler. These young forwards need to be kept fresh or they will burn out . Glenn and gillo have offered nothing but they get to keep their spots??

The issue I see is Nikorima has been more dangerous then Milford so dropping him all together doesn’t make sense.

To get SOS or somebody else into the halves means that Nikorima likely drops to the bench and staggs misses out which to me isn’t a good call either.

Unless Milford plays fullback and Boyd shifts to the wing for Isaako. That would look like this.

1. Milford
2. Oates
3. Bird
4. Roberts
5. Boyd
6. Nikorima
7. SOS
8. Lodge
9. Macca
10. Haas
11. Gillett
12. Fifita
13. TPJ
14. Staggs
15. Glenn
16. Flegler
17. Offa

Or staggs can play on the wing:

1. Boyd
2. Oates
3. Bird
4. Roberts
5. Staggs
6. Milford
7. SOS
8. Lodge
9. Macca
10. Haas
11. Gillett
12. Fifita
13. TPJ
14. Nikorima
15. Glenn
16. Flegler
17. Offa

As long as staggs is capable of playing wing I really like the look of the second team.

Last edited:
Offa has offered more than carrigan, that's fact. Why weaken the team to put another rookie in , if anything rotate carrigan and flegler. These young forwards need to be kept fresh or they will burn out . Glenn and gillo have offered nothing but they get to keep their spots??
Well, Carrigan hasn't had a lot of time and is fresh and looking to make a name for himself while Offa has not drawn praise from anyone and looks to be only just putting in. Gillette has been good and does a tremendous amount of unappreciated work and Glenn has been solid if not spectacular (like Offa)
Carrigan brings enthusiasm but it isn't our forwards who are the problem so even if we differ on the forward makeup and use we can at least agree we are down in another area. We need a little luck, a greater commitment to legs tackling from Milford and better control at the end of sets, again Milford. We are fucking close and can still make the eight. From there, anyone's game. I believe we'll make it, clicking soon.

Gillo did some tackles but certainly not the player he was. Suppose we can blame Seibs for that too lol.

I'd say more the spinal injury but the way some people are carrying on, yep Seibs fault or Milford, maccca , boyd .....

Well, Carrigan hasn't had a lot of time and is fresh and looking to make a name for himself while Offa has not drawn praise from anyone and looks to be only just putting in. Gillette has been good and does a tremendous amount of unappreciated work and Glenn has been solid if not spectacular (like Offa)
Carrigan brings enthusiasm but it isn't our forwards who are the problem so even if we differ on the forward makeup and use we can at least agree we are down in another area. We need a little luck, a greater commitment to legs tackling from Milford and better control at the end of sets, again Milford. We are fucking close and can still make the eight. From there, anyone's game. I believe we'll make it, clicking soon.

This mate. It’s only round 6. Yes we are 1 and 5. Yes we have been terrible BUT we have lost the last three games by 1, 4 & 4 points to teams all in the top eight and let’s be honest we are not even close to putting an 80min game together. If we can win the next couple of games and be 3 & 5 our season might start to turn around.

Yes we have been unlucky but those unlucky moments haven’t lost us the game. Poor discipline, ball control and an inability to put one single attacking play together without the ball going to ground is what has cost us. Fix those things and we might get some luck of our own and start winning. I feel as though with this team if we do start winning we will get on a roll.

Agreed, I thought we were much better yesterday than what we've seen. I'm willing to give them till round 10 before I loose faith, but I think we are seeing an improvement in most areas.
We certainly need to lift in goal line defense, most people are pointing fingers at our leaders but, 2 weeks in a row haas has had to defensive efforts lead to trys at important times of the game. Don't get me wrong he has been immense but , rookie errors leading to 2 trys that have won games for the opposing teams . People need to realize these things are going to happen with all our youngster's, so patience is needed.

This mate. It’s only round 6. Yes we are 1 and 5. Yes we have been terrible BUT we have lost the last three games by 1, 4 & 4 points to teams all in the top eight and let’s be honest we are not even close to putting an 80min game together. If we can win the next couple of games and be 3 & 5 our season might start to turn around.

Yes we have been unlucky but those unlucky moments haven’t lost us the game. Poor discipline, ball control and an inability to put one single attacking play together without the ball going to ground is what has cost us. Fix those things and we might get some luck of our own and start winning. I feel as though with this team if we do start winning we will get on a roll.
Mostly agree but again, just one legs tackle from Milford and we win yesterday. I'm not concerned with our attacking plays, that's reasonable now and will definitely improve but discipline (always highly subjective and ref influenced) could be better and ball control could definitely be better. Yesterday it was and if we maintain that then we are a real chance going forward.

Gillo did some tackles but certainly not the player he was. Suppose we can blame Seibs for that too lol.

Gillo made 36 tackles, 2nd highest behind Macca at 97% efficiency - 1 miss. He holds up our right hand side and is one of our leaders. He is a crucial reason for this side not falling apart completely defensively. Any blame needs to go onto those dicks who grab arms and shoulders instead of driving in at the torso and legs.

I honestly can't believe that after 6 rounds, players like Milford, Knik and Bird in particular are still unable to tackle correctly. That is where Seibold needs to lift his game as coach.

If that sort of "tackling" continues v Sharks, they'll win easily.

Last edited:
Gillo made 36 tackles, 2nd highest behind Macca at 97% efficiency - 1 miss. He holds up our right hand side and is one of our leaders. He is a crucial reason for this side not falling apart completely defensively. Any blame needs to go onto those dicks who grab arms and shoulders instead of driving in at the torso and legs.

I honestly can't believe that after 6 rounds, players like Milford, Knik and Bird in particular are still unable to tackle correctly. That is where Seibold needs to lift his game as coach.

If that sort of "tackling" continues v Sharks, they'll win easily.
Not a criticism, an observation. He is without a doubt a favourite of mine.
Given his injury, I always worry when they tackle him around the head.

Not disagreeing he should have been back in the ISC at the start but, his last two games have been solid and Glenn has been struggling imo. Milf needs a bodyguard and he is the perfect candidate.

Glenn has been solid every game. I dont think there is anything between Sua and Glenn on current form. They have both missed some fairly easy tackles in recent weeks. I dont think any of our back rowers apart from Fifita have played anything more than ok.

Playing Sua through the middle is just stupid. His output there is nowhere near Carrigan or Flegler coming from the bench, which should be as we expect anyway as he isnt a middle forward. Still think even now 2 or 3 weeks in ISC playing bigger minutes in the back row is going to be more beneficial to help his season rather than limited time in a position he isnt suited to. Seibold is backing out of making tough decisions so far imo, and he needs to start.

In my opinion Fifita has to be starting on the edge in place of Glenn. He is just so much more effective on the edge and can create things out of nothing.

I am very interested who gets picked this week, we just need to bite the bullet and make the call. None of this paying second rowers as props, we have props that can do the job. Not expecting any other changes apart from forced ones with TPJ and Lodge (hopefully) coming back in.

One thing l would love to see is Staggs coming in for Macca at some point to give him a break. Kotoni seems like a competitor with a good attitude, it would be worthwhile giving him a chance ala Kodi in 2015.

8. Lodge
9. McCullough
10. Haas
11. Gillett
12. Fifita
13. Pangai Jr

14. Staggs
15. Glenn
16. Ofahengaue
17. Flegler/Carrigan

Please. Put Fifita on his right edge, put TPJ at lock, tell Gillett to tackle any **** who runs at Milford. Call it a day. This is comfortably our best pack rotation.

@AnthonySeibold

Active Now

• Skyblues87
  • Fitzy
  • Kev_Guz
  • Broncosgirl
  • BroncosAlways
  • Galco
  • NSW stables
  • broncsgoat
  • Xzei
  • Tim K
  • Midean
  • lynx000
  • ChewThePhatt
  • RolledOates
  • Battler
  • Footy Fanatic
  • FACTHUNT
  • Manofoneway
  • Aldo
... and 12 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.