PRE-GAME Round 7 - Broncos vs Sharks

vs

Kickoff In:

Thursday
Morning
10:00

Team Lists

Yeah, I think Carrigan is gone. He looked good in his limited time, but looks behind Flegler in the pecking order.

Yeah, I think Carrigan is gone. He looked good in his limited time, but looks behind Flegler in the pecking order.
Well from what I can tell he offers basically no impact off the bench. He probably has to be a starting lock to be worth having in the team.

Carrigan was actually pretty good off the bench. Not what you'd call an impact player, but he made good ground and defended well. I'd have he and Flegler comfortably ahead of S'Ua in the pecking order.

1 Bird
2 Oates
3 Roberts
4 Staggs
5 Boyd
6 Milf
7 SoS
8 Lodge
9 Macca
10 Haas
11 Fifita
12 Gillett
13 Carrigan

14 Nikorima
15 Flegler
16 TPJ
17 Glenn

Simple.
Love this team... But it won't happen. I'd be tempted to swap dearden for sos but know it probably isn't the best thing for his or our future throwing him in this early. Also, it's gotten to the point where if we swap the team around now our confidence is so low we would lose anyway, then where do we go from there? I think this team deserves the losses we are getting, they need to either dig us out of it or at the end of the year we subsidise 50% of their contracts (boyd, macca) and get rid of them or tell them they are bench or nothing (Knik). The 1 or 2 changes we make don't deserve to be thrown to the wolves with this shit unit with its atrocious leadership...

Last edited:
Carrigan was actually pretty good off the bench. Not what you'd call an impact player, but he made good ground and defended well. I'd have he and Flegler comfortably ahead of S'Ua in the pecking order.

Even if Su'a is out, there's only room for one, unless Ofa gets dropped too.

Well from what I can tell he offers basically no impact off the bench. He probably has to be a starting lock to be worth having in the team.

So he has no impact, but averages over 10m a run, and has a tackle efficiency of over 90%

Ok then.

Our forward pack is full of soft ***** who roll over
The sharks are battle hardened
They will roll right over us next week like every other fucking team in the comp

Cmon mate you can’t be serious? They aren’t like they were in previous seasons, they have easily a bottom 8 pack, are slow and ageing and in general the side is carrying cluster injuries.

Our forwards are scary good when they play in their actual positions. For a team that is first on the table and is supposedly “fit”...We outgained the Canberra pack 813m to 556m.

Put the beer down and watch our games properly. You’ll understand other key areas are costing us at the moment.

Even if Su'a is out, there's only room for one, unless Ofa gets dropped too.

I think Joffa has been a bit off his game. Maybe have him on the bench instead of Glenn in my team, or at lock instead of Patty. Joffa was quality at lock last year.

So he has no impact, but averages over 10m a run, and has a tackle efficiency of over 90%

Ok then.
Im just saying from what ive seen hes more in the workhorse model than an impact player. Unless he is starting, Ithink Flegler and Sua can offer a bit more punch.

Personally i'd probably be willing to give Carrigan a go at lock and dump offa. I don't really think offa brings much this year and needs a bit of a rocket.

I don't think we are far away. Really good efforts by the young forwards.

It'll be good to be back home and get the win this coming week.

Milford’s shoulders must be cooked. He hardly ever uses them to tackle. No speed, no shoulders, no footwork, kicking game has regressed to mostly bombs... his stats are depressing for a million dollar half.

Tough call on a guy with about 45 mins of nrl under the belt

Last edited:
Tough call on a guy with about 45 mins of nrl under the belt
I have also said multiple times "from what ive seen" etc. I've only seen his NRL games, and as you've said, minimal minutes. I guess I just don't remember seeing him break the line whilst Flegler has once or twice gone for like a 20m run and Sua did some good things last year.

1 Bird
2 Oates
3 Roberts
4 Staggs
5 Boyd
6 Milf
7 SoS
8 Lodge
9 Macca
10 Haas
11 Fifita
12 Gillett
13 Carrigan

14 Nikorima
15 Flegler
16 TPJ
17 Glenn

Simple.

Spot on Wolfie! I would even consider starting Nikorima over Macca in time.

I have also said multiple times "from what ive seen" etc. I've only seen his NRL games, and as you've said, minimal minutes. I guess I just don't remember seeing him break the line whilst Flegler has once or twice gone for like a 20m run and Sua did some good things last year.

All fair enough mate. We’re all not coping well with the losses and looking for answers. We can beat the sharks morepudding ...onwards mate

This team might have a chance:
1. Bird
2. Oates
3. Staggs
4. Roberts
5. Boyd
6. Milford
7. Nikorima
8. Lodge
9. McCollough (horrible but who else)?
10. Haas
11. Gillett
12. Fifita
13. Pangi
14. Glenn
15. Flegler
16. Su’a
17. Offa

This team might have a chance:
1. Bird
2. Oates
3. Staggs
4. Roberts
5. Boyd
6. Milford
7. Nikorima
8. Lodge
9. McCollough (horrible but who else)?
10. Haas
11. Gillett
12. Fifita
13. Pangi
14. Glenn
15. Flegler
16. Su’a
17. Offa
Who’s going to be goal kicker for this team? This week I don’t think Isaako made any errors and his goal kicking is our best, so probably he won’t get dropped in any way.

Unread

Active Now

• Footy Fanatic
  • Brocko
  • Broncosgirl
  • Battler
  • Broncorob
  • theshed
  • BroncosMan
  • I bleed Maroon
  • thenry
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.