Support Play
/ Set Completion /
Penalties (Conceded)
Set Restarts
Errors

Player Stats

# T Pts TA LB TB OFF Ta MT IT Pos DR K KM M E P
# T Pts TA LB TB OFF Ta MT IT Pos DR K KM M E P

It was a pretty good 50 minutes of football, showed what we can do. We only scored 2* points more than a rabbled Johnsonless (pun intended) side. We have the rabbits away next week so celebrate while you can, I am.

Last edited:
That $600k or whatever it is we gave him and tying him down on a long term contract is going to be an absolute bargain.

He has played like half a dozen first grade games and he is more than holding his own as a middle forward against experienced men. Don’t want to go off early but this is honestly looking like we have ourselves our best prop forward since Civoniceva. The sky is the limit for him.

Even Flegler is going to be a gun. When we have momentum his post contact metres are absolutely outstanding and the way he finds his front on his knees in tackles and gets to a good play the ball is Lazarus like.
Who signed Haas to a long term contract?

Great win but let's not get ahead of ourselves. Sharks played poorly and pretty much missing half their starting team via injury and we had full strength. They bombed a couple tries too so could of been closer.
Milfs kicking game was top notch best I have seen in a long time. We held onto the ball better but still need to work on execution. Wasn't happy with one try in 2nd half with all that possession. Rabbits away will test us.
Good to see Kotoni at 9. Much quicker off the mark and sniffling st the ruck with tired forwards looks dangerous. Unfortunately im sure it won't be the case when the game is closer.

Haas - 14 runs, 150 metres, 50 post-contact - 31 tackles, 0 missed
Lodge - 20 runs, 187 metres, 59 post-contact - 14 tackles, 0 missed
TPJ - 18 runs, 180 metres, 59 post-contact - 19 tackles, 1 missed
Ofahengaue - 14 runs, 148 metres, 38 post-contact - 27 tackles, 0 missed

We have the best forward pack in the competition and they're all going to get better over the next 5 years, think about that.

If this is what our full strength pack can produce consistently, there may yet be light at the end of the tunnel.

Low key. Was anyone else excited to see Staggs come on as hooker?

Yes, but ultimately disappointed by the outcome. I don't think Staggs brought anything to the role.

Good to see Kotoni at 9. Much quicker off the mark and sniffling st the ruck with tired forwards looks dangerous. Unfortunately im sure it won't be the case when the game is closer.

I was happy to see Kotoni briefly at 9 too. That was short-lived though. He looked so lost and his passing was slow and awkward. Talented player, but a hooker he is not.

Just a quick note FWIW.. they showed the team song and Glenn was leading it. I think he might represent the spiritual leader of the team and dropping him or shipping him out of the team could have a pretty detrimental effect. We've lost Moose, Kahu, Thaiday, Blair, etc. I'm not sure we can keep cutting these guys loose and expect to keep a united team. I for one had Glenn on the chopping block but I think we should definitely offer him a contract for next year (modest) for what he brings to team unity.

Also on the team song I guess it could be said that they had it won after 40 mins, but for a team to break a 4 game losing streak usually they're bouncing off the walls with the team song... didn't really seem that way with what they showed.

Maybe the first one is a little staged and after a few cans are downed the real passion comes out!!

Last edited:
Just a quick note FWIW.. they showed the team song and Glenn was leading it. I think he might represent the spiritual leader of the team and dropping him or shipping him out of the team could have a pretty detrimental effect.

I guess it could be said that they had it won after 40 mins, but for a team to break a 4 game losing streak usually they're bouncing off the walls with the team song... didn't really seem that way with what they showed.

Maybe the first one is a little staged and after a few cans are downed the real passion comes out!!

I think TPJ is the spiritual leader of the team.

Glenn seems very popular amongst the group. Grabbed some meat tonight as well so good on him.

Fifita is definitely a better player though.

I was happy to see Kotoni briefly at 9 too. That was short-lived though. He looked so lost and his passing was slow and awkward. Talented player, but a hooker he is not.

I'm pleased Seibold came to his senses and fiddled with the spine, even for 15 minutes, but Stagg was no upgrade. In retrospect, given how weak the Sharks were, I bet he wishes he went with Dearden on the bench. Would loved to have seen him come in for Kodi, and Kodi move into dummy half. I'm sure we'd have put 10 more points on them.

That aside, Macca's service has improved over the last few weeks. I still don't rate him as a bloke who should be handling the ball 4/6 plays, but at least he's not spilling it. He offers nothing in attack though. We really could do much better there.

Last edited:
Glenn seems very popular amongst the group. Grabbed some meat tonight as well so good on him.

Fifita is definitely a better player though.
Yes Fifita is already better in my opinion and I think Sua will pass him soon as well, hence a modest contract for depth... Glenn brings a lot off the field and is a good bench player until Sua becomes fit and surpasses him.

If Glenn can grab a 3 year contract with potential to start elsewhere we can't match it, but we also can't just let him go without offering him anything.... not a good look from a squad moral point of view

Last edited:

Active Now

• Battler
  • Waynesaurus
  • ChewThePhatt
  • FACTHUNT
  • Mighty Bronx
  • RolledOates
  • Allo
  • Maroon4life
  • The True King
  • Tim K
  • Dony Eliakim
  • broncs30
  • Aldo
... and 1 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.