Support Play
/ Set Completion /
Penalties (Conceded)
Set Restarts
Errors

Player Stats

# T Pts TA LB TB OFF Ta MT IT Pos DR K KM M E P
# T Pts TA LB TB OFF Ta MT IT Pos DR K KM M E P

I am thoroughly encouraged by that effort, we continue to build on that and our early woes will be forgotten pretty quickly.

I hope so. But that start to the season is something that can definitely bite you on the ass as you get closer to finals.

What did everyone think of Staggs at 9? I thought be looked pretty comfortable, pretty keen to see some more to be honest..
I like the idea, but it needs to be something that happens regularly, not just in the last 10 minutes of the match if none of the backs happened to get injured. Otherwise, he won't get the chance to learn the position well enough for it to be a useful tactic.

I'd like Seibold to bring him on after 30 mins or so to try and exploit tiring forwards. If an injury occurs, McCullough just plays the 80 and we're no worse off.

Great game from the lads last night. They are starting to play footy. Defence was the biggest improvement and with the go forward from our best pack the halfs had more time and that was noticeable. Bit clunky in the back end. But with staggs first run at hooker that was to be expected, was that planned or just a way to get him on. I would give him a few a games to improve there. He has the skill set to do the job. All in all the team needs to keep it going next week.

Not sure whether Siebold chose to.put Staggs in at hooker or if Macca had to come off. After the game he had a big wodge of ice strapped to his side.

1. Boyd - It was definitely an improved effort from Darius, despite clearly taking a back seat in attack. Shock horror he even made a couple of good 1 on 1 tackles. His biggest problem though remains consistency, and he needs to put the mood swings away and find it. 6
2. Oates - His best game all year. Gobbled up the metres coming out of our end, was apart of that amazing set play with Milf, and was solid as a rock under the high ball. Very unlucky to not be featured in many peoples votes. 8
3. Roberts - A nicely solid return to the starting side for Jimmy. Scored a nice try down the short side and made his tackles stick a lot better than he usually does. Didn't seem to aggravate any injuries either. Happy to have him back. 7
4. Bird - Certainly can't fault his effort. He seemed to get his hands on the ball a tonne more last night and made a few decent half breaks, but I'm concerned that he has a habit of ineffectually running sideways way too much. Did well to get Corey into space a few times however. 6
5. Isaako - At his sharpshooter best for goalkicking but his effect on his wing is barely noticed, and he still has a serious problem with his hands under the high ball, although to his credit he only had 1 really bad drop last night. Hopefully it's just a confidence thing and we see him get back to his 2018 electric best before the year is out. 6
6. Milford - Well deserved MOTM. His kicking was superb, he showed signs of control/game management by targeting the Sharks debutant winger all night, organizing that wet dream set play with Oates and slotting the field goal with zero pressure applied. Very happy to see. Lets hope he can make it a regularity. His quiet 2nd half prevents the perfect score. 9
7. Nikorima - I don't know if his partner just comfortably overshadowed him or if he really did have a bit of a nothing night. I tend to lean a bit more to the latter. He had opportunities to stamp his own authority and he just didn't take them. He hardly shamed himself either but probably quite easily the most underwhelming of the night. 4
8. Haas - Man this kid is gonna be some player. He already is in effect and he has only a handful of first grade games clocked. Bends the line pretty much at will and gave the Sharks pack who are no slouches nightmares all night. If he can make the 80 minute games a regularity, he is gonna be an incredible asset. He's on a mission to make his off field indiscretions up to the club and he's doing a damn good job of doing just that. 8
9. McC - I'm not gonna shit on him, despite him and Nikorima obviously being the weakest links in the side. He had a decent night last night by his standards however. Brick wall in defence as usual and had the ruck under control. His running game remains embarrassing however. Every time he darts from dummy half looks like he's playing in a sand pit. 5
21. Lodge - A glorious return for the big bloke. Our best performing forward with 180+ metres, led the way for the young blokes around him and kept us on the front foot. Also gave it to the grubs in the Sharks pack a few times which I fucking loved. 9
11. Glenn - Seemed like a classic slightly above average Glenn performance. Didn't do anything overly spectacular on his edge, but definitely didn't play like shit either. Really don't have much to say about him which is pretty much a Glenn staple. 6
12. Gillett - He is flirting with his pre-injury best, but he also seems to be struggling to break through to get back there. Muffed up a sitter try off a Sharks error and made an ugly drop in the first half when it looked like he was gonna go over. He definitely did his part to support his half in defence however and that keeps his score from being quite low. 6
13. TPJ - Another one I'm very happy to see back. Hit hard in attack and defence and had the Sharks doing everything they could to try and keep him out of the contest. Ran for plenty of metres and made a tonne of tackles with only 1 ineffective. Love the big blokes intensity. 8

14. Staggs - I sadly didn't catch much of his time at dummy half because I was out on a bottle-o run, but from all reports he didn't do too badly. Lets hope he kicks on with the role just to both keep McC honest and have an option there to give him a break at the 60th minute mark. 6
15. Fifita - Apart from one good run in the second half against tired defenders, he seemed to have a pretty quiet night, although I put that down more to his fellow forwards just leaving him in the dust and coming off the bench. Would like to see him find maybe one more gear to really give his opposition numbers problems. 5
16. Flegler - Another youngster who is gonna be a hell of a player in not too much longer. Made some really nice line breaks and bent the line plenty. He is a classic enforcer in the making and I can't wait to see him at his peak. 8
17. Joe O - Comfortably his best game all year. Racking up 100+ metres from the bench is nothing to sneeze at. A perpetual Leeson ah Mau style bench option may be his best suited role. Another one unlucky to feature in votes. 8

Last edited:
Re-wtched the Gillett no try. How can he knock on when he's facing his own goal line. The decision could only have been he missed it completely, or if he did touch it he scored. Not sure how they could call a knock on.

I think it was a try. It was bouncing sideways, he got fingers to it and then it bounced backwards.

1. Boyd - It was definitely an improved effort from Darius, despite clearly taking a back seat in attack. Shock horror he even made a couple of good 1 on 1 tackles. His biggest problem though remains consistency, and he needs to put the mood swings away and find it. 6
2. Oates - His best game all year. Gobbled up the metres coming out of our end, was apart of that amazing set play with Milf, and was solid as a rock under the high ball. Very unlucky to not be featured in many peoples votes. 8
3. Roberts - A nicely solid return to the starting side for Jimmy. Scored a nice try down the short side and made his tackles stick a lot better than he usually does. Didn't seem to aggravate any injuries either. Happy to have him back. 7
4. Bird - Certainly can't fault his effort. He seemed to get his hands on the ball a tonne more last night and made a few decent half breaks, but I'm concerned that he has a habit of ineffectually running sideways way too much. Did well to get Corey into space a few times however. 6
5. Isaako - At his sharpshooter best for goalkicking but his effect on his wing is barely noticed, and he still has a serious problem with his hands under the high ball, although to his credit he only had 1 really bad drop last night. Hopefully it's just a confidence thing and we see him get back to his 2018 electric best before the year is out. 6
6. Milford - Well deserved MOTM. His kicking was superb, he showed signs of control/game management by targeting the Sharks debutant winger all night, organizing that wet dream set play with Oates and slotting the field goal with zero pressure applied. Very happy to see. Lets hope he can make it a regularity. His quiet 2nd half prevents the perfect score. 9
7. Nikorima - I don't know if his partner just comfortably overshadowed him or if he really did have a bit of a nothing night. I tend to lean a bit more to the latter. He had opportunities to stamp his own authority and he just didn't take them. He hardly shamed himself either but probably quite easily the most underwhelming of the night. 4
8. Haas - Man this kid is gonna be some player. He already is in effect and he has only a handful of first grade games clocked. Bends the line pretty much at will and gave the Sharks pack who are no slouches nightmares all night. If he can make the 80 minute games a regularity, he is gonna be an incredible asset. He's on a mission to make his off field indiscretions up to the club and he's doing a damn good job of doing just that. 8
9. McC - I'm not gonna shit on him, despite him and Nikorima obviously being the weakest links in the side. He had a decent night last night by his standards however. Brick wall in defence as usual and had the ruck under control. His running game remains embarrassing however. Every time he darts from dummy half looks like he's playing in a sand pit. 5
21. Lodge - A glorious return for the big bloke. Our best performing forward with 180+ metres, led the way for the young blokes around him and kept us on the front foot. Also gave it to the grubs in the Sharks pack a few times which I fucking loved. 9
11. Glenn - Seemed like a classic slightly above average Glenn performance. Didn't do anything overly spectacular on his edge, but definitely didn't play like shit either. Really don't have much to say about him which is pretty much a Glenn staple. 6
12. Gillett - He is flirting with his pre-injury best, but he also seems to be struggling to break through to get back there. Muffed up a sitter try off a Sharks error and made an ugly drop in the first half when it looked like he was gonna go over. He definitely did his part to support his half in defence however and that keeps his score from being quite low. 5
13. TPJ - Another one I'm very happy to see back. Hit hard in attack and defence and had the Sharks doing everything they could to try and keep him out of the contest. Ran for plenty of metres and made a tonne of tackles with only 1 ineffective. Love the big blokes intensity. 8

14. Staggs - I sadly didn't catch much of his time at dummy half because I was out on a bottle-o run, but from all reports he didn't do too badly. Lets hope he kicks on with the role just to both keep McC honest and have an option there to give him a break at the 60th minute mark. 6
15. Fifita - Apart from one good run in the second half against tired defenders, he seemed to have a pretty quiet night, although I put that down more to his fellow forwards just leaving him in the dust and coming off the bench. Would like to see him find maybe one more gear to really give his opposition numbers problems. 5
16. Flegler - Another youngster who is gonna be a hell of a player in not too much longer. Made some really nice line breaks and bent the line plenty. He is a classic enforcer in the making and I can't wait to see him at his peak. 8
17. Joe O - Comfortably his best game all year. Racking up 100+ metres from the bench is nothing to sneeze at. A perpetual Leeson ah Mau style bench option may be his best suited role. Another one unlucky to feature in votes. 8
Did you seriously need to do a bottle-o run during the game? Very poor game management! Give yourself 1 out of 10.

12. Gillett - He is flirting with his pre-injury best, but he also seems to be struggling to break through to get back there. Muffed up a sitter try off a Sharks error and made an ugly drop in the first half when it looked like he was gonna go over. He definitely did his part to support his half in defence however and that keeps his score from being quite low. 6

Great report but I cannot believe you gave Roberts a higher score then bird. Bird had a few ineffective sideways runs but those runs are often so dangerous and fatiguing for the opponents too. He was breaking tackles at will and it dragged in at least 3 defenders, putting them on the back foot for the next play. Whilst he could have straightened up a lot more runs, we do need different angles ran by our players to ask questions of the defensive lines. Roberts was solid but that's it. I'd swap their scores, bird 7, Roberts 6

Last edited:
Also gave away a stupid penalty for a face rub which IIRC led to the Sharks getting that try.

Also if you watch the replay, you can see Boyd running up in support behind the ruck pretty frequently. I didn't bother keeping a tallybook because I was watching the game with my kid but in the Bronco's first set he was supporting the ball runner and in position for an offload during every carry. Plenty of work off the ball.

Not sure whether Siebold chose to.put Staggs in at hooker or if Macca had to come off. After the game he had a big wodge of ice strapped to his side.
I am certain it was precautionary.

Heavens to murgatroid - who goes on a bottle-o run when the Broncs game is on? Yer tipping is top notch, but yer organising skills need work. 6.

I was super impressed with Flegler. There is something special about the way he moves. Kid's going to be a star.

I also thought Boyd played well all game, and his chase of the Oates break + kick was excellent along with his defence.

The team is getting better every week. The forwards are really special as everyone says, and the way they hunt as a pack in attack and defence is just excellent coaching of such talent. Short passing instead of one-out is so good to see. They laid the ideal platform for Milford to control the game and also, I don't see that Knik deserved any criticism. He did his job. The fact Milf kicked to their newbies simply tells you what every good game manager does. You target the opposition's weaknesses and exploit them.

I am looking forward to the game Isaako doesn't stuff on on simple fundamentals. On that day he will come into his own as a top class winger.

Next week will be an absolute ripper of a game, and the forward clash something special. I want to see the Burgii scattered like nine pins.

Last edited:
I was super impressed with Flegler. There is something special about the way he moves. Kid's going to be a star.

I also thought Boyd played well all game, and his chase of the Oates break + kick was excellent along with his defence.

The team is getting better every week. The forwards are really special as everyone says, and the way they hunt as a pack in attack and defence is just excellent coaching of such talent. Short passing instead of one-out is so good to see. They laid the ideal platform for Milford to control the game and also, I don't see that Knik deserved any criticism. He did his job. The fact Milf kicked to their newbies simply tells you what every good game manager does. You target the opposition's weaknesses and exploit them.

I am looking forward to the game Isaako doesn't stuff on on simple fundamentals. On that day he will come into his own as a top class winger.

Next week will be an absolute ripper of a game, and the forward clash something special. I want to see the Burgii scattered like nine pins.

It’s amazing to see how lodge has become the leader of the pack. Who would have thought. So glad he stuck around and hopefully he’ll stay at the broncos long term.

Not a perfect game but a very solid improvement. Sharks were average.

I wonder if at half time Seibold told Kodi to try and take over steering the team? The second half looked very different!

Ive been critical of Boyd, he put in lot of effort i thought. Although not his best of former years - it was a good change.
I thought maccas also had a few improvements. A few times he would dart and then pass after a step or two, engage the markers and slow the slide.

Sounded like we played well as I could listen on the radio.

Anyone considering the Sharks were average because we only allowed them to be. Ie we dominated the game

I wonder if at half time Seibold told Kodi to try and take over steering the team? The second half looked very different!

I wondered the same thing, even said that to my sister halfway through the second half. Thought Milf went to 2nd defender but would have to rewatch it to be sure.

If Seibold did do that he should not do it again, Milf was in control in the first half and had a blinder, Kodi had nothing going on.

Last edited:
Sounded like we played well as I could listen on the radio.

Anyone considering the Sharks were average because we only allowed them to be. Ie we dominated the game
No, that's fanciful. It was a weakened Cronulla team to begin with BEFORE they lost Dugan right before the game and then losing their playmaker. We dominated alright but it's unlikely that would've happened against say Melbourne or Souths. That doesn't mean I'm trying to take the shine off a good result.

Active Now

• Battler
  • Brotherdu
  • Justwin
  • Alec
  • GCBRONCO
  • Midean
  • Fatboy
  • BroncosMan
  • Financeguy
  • Brett Da Man LeMan
  • Tim K
  • Mustafur
  • Culhwch
  • Santa
  • Harry Sack
  • Skathen
  • Wolfie
  • Galah
  • Strop
  • Volvo Driver
... and 34 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.