Support Play
/ Set Completion /
Penalties (Conceded)
Set Restarts
Errors

Player Stats

# T Pts TA LB TB OFF Ta MT IT Pos DR K KM M E P
# T Pts TA LB TB OFF Ta MT IT Pos DR K KM M E P

There was some controversy over a Slater try in the first half when he drop-kicked the ball for himself and scored a try which NRL referees boss Bernie Sutton deemed to be correct.

Well...anyone else in any leadership position in any company or organisation would be sacked for incompetence trying to defend that.

Just further on that Slater 'try'. Sutton says a clearly wrong ruling is right but a clearly right ruling in the Tigers game for penalty gets called clearly wrong and refs demoted...now THAT is the NRL.

Slater's intention was never to drop kick it, otherwise he wouldn't have got up and said he fucked up.

So that makes his knock on accidental, as it wasn't intentional, which means the correct ruling was a scrum 10 metres out to the Broncos.

It was a better loss to stomach than St George and Titans. Brisbane showed some fight, and Melbourne really got some luck on their side.

Think we could have beat most other teams with the way we played. Take away the Slater try and that game was an arm wrestle at the end.

All the negatives have been pretty well covered but I will say that’s Milford’s kicking game was very good by his standard. I hope he can continue to improve on it. The first half especially he showed very good kick selection.

If a player arm bounces up off the ball and makes contact with the head is that no longer a penalty because there “ Intent” was to hit them around the chest

I said it in the live game chat but Ill say it again, the incident where Sims ran over Bird shows exactly why we need a true halfback. Sims ran a perfect line which is what a lot of us have been crying for from our second rowers but Bird decide to skip out on his man instead of squaring him up which forced the result. I’m not sure whether it was a lack of communication or whether Sims ran at the wrong hole but either way he was trying to straighten up our attack which is exactly what we need.

McGuire was our best player.

He’s a very good prop. Perhaps you are correct could score 6 or 7 but still for me minus 2 or 3 off that for his getting in the way. As a lock he is just a less effective Gallen ruining attack and failing to offload. At least if TPJ was lock he would threaten with 3rd or 4th tackle runs near the line.

If Isaako's kicks go over we're in front.....with 15 mins to go

They were the hardest kicks for right footer. Can’t blame Isaako. But based on what I saw Storm would have rolled us anyway. Broncs didn’t have the mental toughness, gas, confidence or coordinator to close this kind of game out at this point.

Did you even watch the game?

Based on current performances it seems to take more effort and concentration to continue to watch some of these guys play than they actually put in on the field.

It’s just an opinion but rather than criticising in one liners would welcome you to put a reasoned argument and do your own ratings if you wish to voice your disagreement.

It was a better loss to stomach than St George and Titans. Brisbane showed some fight, and Melbourne really got some luck on their side.

Think we could have beat most other teams with the way we played. Take away the Slater try and that game was an arm wrestle at the end.

There were some good signs but most of our tries were soft and uncharacteristic misses by storm. No one marking Glenn, Chambers going awol, winger going before Kodi’s pass were largely unforced errors. Good broncs didn’t mess up the giant holes but if that is the standard we are accepting as quality rather than Rugby League than no hope of winning a premiership anytime soon.

Biggest positive was the way they stuck in and kept fighting, that alone tells us their attitude is right.

I honestly believe this was just another round where our halves issues were once again highlighted.

If Bennett does plan to hand the team over next year does he see the glaringly obvious issue of having non cohesive halves as the next coaches problem, has he put that into the too hard basket? I mean it is of no benefit to him to blood a new guy and try something different, easier to take the safe shot and play Knik & Bird and just blame them for not performing a job that doesn’t come natural and instinctive to them, but they’re recognised 1st graders with experience so it’s safe and good enough for the remainder of his tenure.

If we went back and looked at some of the teams Bennett has assembled and had good success with you can consistently see a balanced halves pairing and a strong front row rotation, very conventional setup that gets success with the way he likes his teams to play. Since he came back in 2015 he has deviated from that and has great success with it in ‘15 but each year following we’ve gotten decisively weaker under his leadership.

Last edited:
Surely it's time now for some serious chats to be had from the hierarchy about Boyd. He is a shade of the player he once was. Our captain, and fullback (apparently.) And to think we have just resigned him on big $ is disgraceful.
Coaching staff cannot watch video week after week and keep overlooking the massive liability he is. Cam Smith openly talked about it post match last night. It's common knowledge and until something changes with the FB role, I can't see us winning big games.
This might be yet another reason we really need to go after Bellamy. I don't see how Bellamy would be putting up with him at the moment if he was coach, he would be lucky to get a run in, let alone the captaincy.
He has offered very little this year, and I think if he misses out on origin then *maybe* that might be the kick he needs, but I just haven't seen anything from him this year.
Some changes def needed imo.

How good was Darius' run where he ran 25m sideways and then realised he was about to run out so throws the ball over his shoulder to the storm when we were attacking their line on 3rd tackle... Or the one where straight out of a scrum he knocks on. Or all those times where he wasn't within the camera shot when the storm did a kick. Or how he didn't run a single time when behind the line. Not once. He walked / slight jogged everytime. Bloke is complete mud and should retire.

There were some good signs but most of our tries were soft and uncharacteristic misses by storm. No one marking Glenn, Chambers going awol, winger going before Kodi’s pass were largely unforced errors. Good broncs didn’t mess up the giant holes but if that is the standard we are accepting as quality rather than Rugby League than no hope of winning a premiership anytime soon.

Thats bullshit !! We dropped intensity in defense for the last couple of tries , we lost our hooker and copped a shit call early. We did great to hang in and get back in it . Your kidding yourself if you think we didn't do well

Active Now

• Johnny92
  • ChewThePhatt
  • GCBRONCO
  • KateBroncos1812
  • Wolfie
  • Manifesto
  • BroncosAlways
  • simplythebest
  • Strop
  • Broncosgirl
  • bb_gun
  • lynx000
  • Gaz
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.