Support Play
/ Set Completion /
Penalties (Conceded)
Set Restarts
Errors

Player Stats

# T Pts TA LB TB OFF Ta MT IT Pos DR K KM M E P
# T Pts TA LB TB OFF Ta MT IT Pos DR K KM M E P

So now that Milford has achieved his first 40-20 can he just start running the ball more? Seems like he's been trying to achieve that 40-20 goal to get that monkey off his back. Could do him wonders.

Is there any way we can stay at 8 on the ladder this round?

Watching the game back, i think it actually was worse than first time around. Not one of our back 6 had a good game. Milf was good in spells, but he was about the best. Glenn was ok, Moose, TPJ and Lodge did well but thats about it. You cant afford to carry 13 players who were at best bang average against a side like Melbourne.

I also think you are going to get games where a lot of the younger guys have off nights. Our backline for example has Bird, Milf, Opacic, Oates who are all only 23 and Issako who is 21. Three of them have played a fair bit of football though at NRL level tbf. Boyd i have stuck up for but last night i felt he didnt lead by example. When these young guys needed a bit of help, he was found wanting. They do however have to work on things and improve, but off nights for young players will happen.

Sims i think was dreadful, he offered nothing. Sammy and Glenn were ok and nothing more. Sua i didnt feel had a great deal of impact but Moose, TPJ and Lodge were at least on the same level in terms of ability and intensity as Melbourne.

As i said in another post, i actually think another bad result or 2 and it will be time to start a rebuild. Lets get a few of these younger guys like Haas, Fai, Flegler and Carrigan in the team and live with them being a bit inconsistent. Just accept they may make errors and not slaughter them for it.

Finally, i think its time for Wayne to stand up and show what he is made of now. He has been and absolutely wonderful servant to this club, but i do think he needs to show he still has what it takes. Something in our structures and game plan isnt working. We need to get it sorted.

Surely it's time now for some serious chats to be had from the hierarchy about Boyd. He is a shade of the player he once was. Our captain, and fullback (apparently.) And to think we have just resigned him on big $ is disgraceful.
Coaching staff cannot watch video week after week and keep overlooking the massive liability he is. Cam Smith openly talked about it post match last night. It's common knowledge and until something changes with the FB role, I can't see us winning big games.
This might be yet another reason we really need to go after Bellamy. I don't see how Bellamy would be putting up with him at the moment if he was coach, he would be lucky to get a run in, let alone the captaincy.
He has offered very little this year, and I think if he misses out on origin then *maybe* that might be the kick he needs, but I just haven't seen anything from him this year.
Some changes def needed imo.

Bellamy dropped his first choice halfback because of his form other coaches do and have done the same. Our coach on the other hand just promised players that they won’t be dropped so play as shit as you like.

Bellamy dropped his first choice halfback because of his form other coaches do and have done the same. Our coach on the other hand just promised players that they won’t be dropped so play as shit as you like.
Who would you drop Boyd in favor of? I mean seriously, there are no better options in the club. He is struggling but it is the inconsistent forward pack that is killing this team. That and key injuries to very valuable members of the squad.

As a number of posts correctly point out, this team is not coached effectively in attack and the proof is
Despite the scoreline, I think we're slowly improving. That match could have been won for sure, but we really let ourselves down at times.

The biggest concern for me at the moment isn't our defence, but rather our complete lack of direction in attack. To me, it seems there is absolutely no plan, and everything is off the cuff. We look totally disjointed whenever we're in the opposition's half. Compare that with the Storm, where basically every play is done methodically and leads into the next one, and it makes for frustrating viewing.

This is so much on the money, and simply comparing the way we move the ball, or rather don't, to what how the Storm did last night, and also say, the Roosters and Dragons, is the absolute core issue behind this team's utter lack of consistent cohesion in attack. Having our halves stick like glue to opposite sides of the ruck? What a joke.

Add to that lack of cohesion in attack, when confronted by a well oiled machine, we just lose the plot in defence as we get picked apart. Whatever positives Bennett brings to the Broncos, and I am sure there are many, it is NOT coaching effective structures, and one just needs to look at his record against Bellamy to see that. The way to beat the Storm is to plan for it, as they plan their games against their respective oppositions. They have been patchy to date but certainly looks like they are finding their post-Cronk mojo now.

And the last straw for me is seeing Bennett picking players out of position: Sims in the 2nd row? Good grief. (How we miss Gillett). At best Sims is a bench prop. Bird showed last night he also ought to be at lock - too slow for a 5/8, Moose in the back row for Gillett, TPJ starting and Thaiday on a diet or out of the side and Boyd well, I'd rather see him at 5/8 than at FB.

We need proper effective coaching - decent attacking structures to unleash the outstanding talent in this side.

Who would you drop Boyd in favor of? I mean seriously, there are no better options in the club. He is struggling but it is the inconsistent forward pack that is killing this team. That and key injuries to very valuable members of the squad.

I disagree, I think our forward pack has been more consistent this year than almost any other year in recent history, Lodge & McGuire are generally always running for 120+ metres, TPJ is making inroads, Ofahengaue has had a couple of huge games.

It's our 1, 6 & 7 letting us down predominately this year.

It's our 1, 6 & 7 letting us down predominately this year.

I’d say our coaching as well, you just need to look at how easily the Storm moved the ball last night to see how far behind we are.

I’d go as far to say that if you swapped Milf and Bird with Munster and Jacks last night wouldn’t have ended up that much different.

Slater's intention was never to drop kick it, otherwise he wouldn't have got up and said he fucked up.

So that makes his knock on accidental, as it wasn't intentional, which means the correct ruling was a scrum 10 metres out to the Broncos.

Both Bennett and Bellamy with a total of over 1200 games coached between them both thought it was a knock on. Slater thought he knocked the ball on ... NRL back the refs.

hell, at the ground we all actually thought it was an obstruction, because of the guy playing the ball stopping Glenn from making an attempt on Slater (even the fuckwit Storm fan behind me thought this) ...

If i was to call the NRL and the refs amateurish, then that would be putting it politely and an upgrade on what they really are

I've never really seen Isaako in lower grades, so I can only go by what I've seen here, but has anyone seen him at real speed? He seems like he should have it, but I've never seen him run faster than Kahu, who had 3 knee reconstructions.

You can’t really blame Boyd for that sideways run, it happened all night with Milford as well. Wtf was Oates doing, Boyd called for him to come inside.

This Boyd had created a hole for Oates with that run ... if Oates was paying attention, and cut back on the inside Oates scores.

actually Oates had a poor game by his standards ... apart from that, he also dropped an offload from Glenn, that if he caught he likely runs away to score ... and lets not mention his attempt on Chamber late in the game

Signing Bird on good money and not spending that same money on a halfback instead was crazy by Wayne.

Honestly they should have found the money to re-sign Hunt. Milford-Hunt got us to a GF and prelim.

Losing faith in Wayne.

there were no good halfbacks available on the market last year ...

I didn’t watch the game and couldn’t watch the highlights after seeing the drop kick try. How the **** could you continue to play the game after having that put on you, that sort of bullshit must hurt the players so much, I’d just walk off the field after that shit. They can’t be serious.

We always cop this shit, it’s the same as the torso try, ***** me right off.

I didn’t watch the game and couldn’t watch the highlights after seeing the drop kick try. How the **** could you continue to play the game after having that put on you, that sort of bullshit must hurt the players so much, I’d just walk off the field after that shit. They can’t be serious.

We always cop this shit, it’s the same as the torso try, ***** me right off.

I think that sort of thing can show where the team is mentally. A team full of confidence can shrug that off and still win. A team that's struggling bad would likely play like shit. We seemed to be the latter for a while, but then started recovering.

Offer and TJP at least are starting to show some mongrel, young blokes with huge futures.
McGuire is simply grubby, laughed when he did a hit up from dummy half on the 4th, I was waiting for it but I thought surely not LOL.
Can almost cop that loss because they had a go.

Going forward, if a player drops the ball cold, kicks it, regathers, is it play on?
Yep the precedent has been set, kick the ball if you knock on and you’re fine.

2012, Matt Gillett drops the ball and kicks it immediately out of frustration and it goes over the crossbar.

Knock on Broncos.

But it should have been a field goal according to Sutton..

there were no good halfbacks available on the market last year ...

The thing that a lot of people are forgetting we were still chasing Ash Taylor while we were chasing Bird. Its not like we havent been looking, we just havent found what we wanted.

Active Now

• Rookie Alan
  • Lozza
  • Morkel
  • GCBRONCO
  • Xzei
  • Broncosarethebest
  • Fitzy
  • Sproj
  • Evander
  • Harry Sack
  • Broncosgirl
  • winslow_wong
  • Old Mate
  • Jedhead
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.