Support Play
/ Set Completion /
Penalties (Conceded)
Set Restarts
Errors

Player Stats

# T Pts TA LB TB OFF Ta MT IT Pos DR K KM M E P
# T Pts TA LB TB OFF Ta MT IT Pos DR K KM M E P

Probably be a rule change next week, if you have a drop kick, genuine or otherwise, it must be higher than the oppositions shortest player.
Noel Cleale would have nearly got it over Alfs [emoji23]

Who would you drop Boyd in favor of? I mean seriously, there are no better options in the club. He is struggling but it is the inconsistent forward pack that is killing this team. That and key injuries to very valuable members of the squad.
People need to stop making excuses for Boyd.
The forward pack isn’t the reason behind him running like a sook rather than hard. The forward pack isn’t the reason he does FA in defence. The forward pack isn’t the reason he plays for a penalty rather than a quick play the ball. The forward pack isn’t the reason he stands around watching play unfold rather than at least trying to do something about it.
The reason for all this is his horrible attitude.
So who should he be dropped for? At this point, I honestly don’t care.
Anyone. A young kid, someone with a point to prove and the motivation to make a name for themselves - because it’s clear Boyd doesn’t play like he cares at the moment.
Seriously, a young kid may not play better, but they won’t play any worse.
Put TPJ there for all I care, at least he’s having a real go every time he’s on the field and looks far more dangerous when he runs the ball.

Smith was laughing about it. Laughing at how they knew Boyd defends in the line so they were looking for it and how easily they scored when it came... This is some of the stupidest shit I have seen on the field. If Boyd is going to be in the line, someone else has to drop back.

By my count there have been 6 tries we have conceded already this year through Boyd being in the defensive line and not having a fullback in position...
The main issue is he is staying in the line all the time. On Slater's first try he was in the tackle on the 5th and caught in the ruck.

It's useful when you're so close to the line that dropping back is only a meter or so from the defensive line. If we're further than the 10m than it is just too risky and leaves you too exposed.

Every team looks for it now the second they spot the fullback in the line they kick behind. Cam was sending forwards at Darius to keep him in the tackles/ruck 15-20m out and if he spotted him there late in the count when he shouldn't have been there.

Mitchell Pearce.

firstly he wasn't actually off contract...

secondly, no club would ever simply wait until the end of the season on the off chance a quality player is released.

firstly he wasn't actually off contract...

secondly, no club would ever simply wait until the end of the season on the off chance a quality player is released.

We decided to buy a fat McDonald's addict instead on ludicrous money.

He’s a very good prop. Perhaps you are correct could score 6 or 7 but still for me minus 2 or 3 off that for his getting in the way. As a lock he is just a less effective Gallen ruining attack and failing to offload. At least if TPJ was lock he would threaten with 3rd or 4th tackle runs near the line.
It's the fucking game plan!!!!

We use split halves with one of the middles acting as first receiver to kick off spreads.

Stop blaming the middles for something they're being told to do.

We decided to buy a fat McDonald's addict instead on ludicrous money.

no ... we decided to buy a very talented player, that got fucked over buy his former club costing him his entire pre-season and pretty much abandoning him after he signed with us.

on similar money to what his former club were offering ... but much less than the Knights were offering

To be fair the Knik/Milf combo won something like 7 from 7 when Hunt was out so it was hardly blind belief.

I was a sceptical fence sitter hoping it would continue but I could see why some fans were on board.

Primarily the reason to get on board was that Hunt was playing so shit. He was devoid of all rugby league skill

....that and yes, we were winning with the Milf / Knik combo.

Watching the game back, i think it actually was worse than first time around. Not one of our back 6 had a good game. Milf was good in spells, but he was about the best. Glenn was ok, Moose, TPJ and Lodge did well but thats about it. You cant afford to carry 13 players who were at best bang average against a side like Melbourne.

I also think you are going to get games where a lot of the younger guys have off nights. Our backline for example has Bird, Milf, Opacic, Oates who are all only 23 and Issako who is 21. Three of them have played a fair bit of football though at NRL level tbf. Boyd i have stuck up for but last night i felt he didnt lead by example. When these young guys needed a bit of help, he was found wanting. They do however have to work on things and improve, but off nights for young players will happen.

Sims i think was dreadful, he offered nothing. Sammy and Glenn were ok and nothing more. Sua i didnt feel had a great deal of impact but Moose, TPJ and Lodge were at least on the same level in terms of ability and intensity as Melbourne.

As i said in another post, i actually think another bad result or 2 and it will be time to start a rebuild. Lets get a few of these younger guys like Haas, Fai, Flegler and Carrigan in the team and live with them being a bit inconsistent. Just accept they may make errors and not slaughter them for it.

Finally, i think its time for Wayne to stand up and show what he is made of now. He has been and absolutely wonderful servant to this club, but i do think he needs to show he still has what it takes. Something in our structures and game plan isnt working. We need to get it sorted.

Great post!

You failed to mention McGuire for some reason. I thought he had a great game, but he's not a dummy half's arsehole (although strangely enough, we looked to get on the front foot more, with Moose instead of McCullurgh .......) Must have been a coincidence.

I didn’t watch the game and couldn’t watch the highlights after seeing the drop kick try. How the **** could you continue to play the game after having that put on you, that sort of bullshit must hurt the players so much, I’d just walk off the field after that shit. They can’t be serious.

We always cop this shit, it’s the same as the torso try, ***** me right off.
I think one of the poor things on the back of that was Boyd's discussion with the ref.

He came out smug smile on his face, hands out wide and then just accepted the refs bullshit explanation.

If he felt so aggrieved he should've at least put forward an argument... instead he succumbs meekly with a yep sweet as, walks away and plays victim to his team mates

I’d say our coaching as well, you just need to look at how easily the Storm moved the ball last night to see how far behind we are.

I’d go as far to say that if you swapped Milf and Bird with Munster and Jacks last night wouldn’t have ended up that much different.

Definitely and undoubtedly, coaching.

As for the halves swap, I wouldn't be so sure. Did Munster and Jacks constantly play on opposite sides of the ruck? Even last night's commentators noticed how stupid it is for Milf and Bird to stay on opposite sides, as well as the stupidity of having Boyd up in the line, and a compressed defence allowing the Storm's simple strategy of expansive ball play to pick our defence apart.... all coaching issues with maybe the exception of Oates's blunders ... he needs to get his head out of the back row and FOCUS on his job on the wing

Great post!

You failed to mention McGuire for some reason. I thought he had a great game, but he's not a dummy half's arsehole (although strangely enough, we looked to get on the front foot more, with Moose instead of McCullurgh .......) Must have been a coincidence.

I'd like to see Moose in Gillett's place - his hard running and defenc e would shore up that right side

I think one of the poor things on the back of that was Boyd's discussion with the ref.

He came out smug smile on his face, hands out wide and then just accepted the refs bullshit explanation.

If he felt so aggrieved he should've at least put forward an argument... instead he succumbs meekly with a yep sweet as, walks away and plays victim to his team mates

I'm no Boyd fan but let's be honest, have the refs every gone "Yep, I got wrong and the Bunker got it wrong. We'll overturn the decision" after a blunder like that? I wouldn't waste my breath. No captain has ever changed the mind of a ref.

Active Now

• Mustafur
  • Broncorob
  • Broncosgirl
  • KateBroncos1812
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.