Support Play
/ Set Completion /
Penalties (Conceded)
Set Restarts
Errors

Player Stats

# T Pts TA LB TB OFF Ta MT IT Pos DR K KM M E P
# T Pts TA LB TB OFF Ta MT IT Pos DR K KM M E P

I'm no Boyd fan but let's be honest, have the refs every gone "Yep, I got wrong and the Bunker got it wrong. We'll overturn the decision" after a blunder like that? I wouldn't waste my breath. No captain has ever changed the mind of a ref.
It's not about getting them to change their mind if that was the case why would Cam ever talk to the ref.

He didn't say anything to him, he could've at least acted like he knew the rules and asked him doesn't he need to have the intent of kicking a field goal.

It was just pointless he wanted to speak to the ref then had nothing to say

Great post!

You failed to mention McGuire for some reason. I thought he had a great game, but he's not a dummy half's arsehole (although strangely enough, we looked to get on the front foot more, with Moose instead of McCullurgh .......) Must have been a coincidence.

I did mention Moose a couple of times with how well he did :D

It's the fucking game plan!!!!

We use split halves with one of the middles acting as first receiver to kick off spreads.

Stop blaming the middles for something they're being told to do.

If the game plan is to run it himself on the 4th ineffectually **** me we are screwed! Under 9s coaches aren’t that dumb.

Not a fan of middle forwards doing too much first receiver if he is isnt the job to pass it to someone who might score a try or make a break?

Last edited by a moderator:
It's not about getting them to change their mind if that was the case why would Cam ever talk to the ref.

He didn't say anything to him, he could've at least acted like he knew the rules and asked him doesn't he need to have the intent of kicking a field goal.

It was just pointless he wanted to speak to the ref then had nothing to say

It’s not about getting the ref to change the current decision and Smith knows that, it’s about the next few calls.

Smith is a QC out there, Boyd looks like a petulant 4 year old in comparison.

Smith has a generally respectful tone and treats refs like people so they like him which helps. So when he then goes asshole they are off balance and feel bad for upsetting him.

If there is any chance they have screwed up he asks questions so next time they will think twice about that and maybe puts a square up penalty in the back of their mind.

It’s harder to blow penalties when you know you have to be on the stand getting his cross examination.

He also manipulated the speed of the game and the clock while his players have a smoko getting their line set.

Smith is clever and is a master at it, but most of those skills aren’t that hard - most anything is better than shrugging shoulders and saying what the f*** is that? Waiting for I’ll tell my daddy Wayne in you every time he opens his mouth at this stage.

It’s not about getting the ref to change the current decision and Smith knows that, it’s about the next few calls.

Smith is a QC out there, Boyd looks like a petulant 4 year old in comparison.

Smith has a generally respectful tone and treats refs like people so they like him which helps. So when he then goes asshole they are off balance and feel bad for upsetting him.

If there is any chance they have screwed up he asks questions so next time they will think twice about that and maybe puts a square up penalty in the back of their mind.

It’s harder to blow penalties when you know you have to be on the stand getting his cross examination.

He also manipulated the speed of the game and the clock while his players have a smoko getting their line set.

Smith is clever and is a master at it, but most of those skills aren’t that hard - most anything is better than shrugging shoulders and saying what the f*** is that? Waiting for I’ll tell my daddy Wayne in you every time he opens his mouth at this stage.
Exactly Boyd had an opportunity to raise a valid point but instead went up like a smug little prick and then said nothing.

He was in the right and should've been asking more questions of the referees not for this instance as it was already lost, but for the next 50/50 call

1 thing that really pissed me off was when Niko replace Oppacic not Macca.

I just want to know what that Darius Bullshit tap and go he was doing in our own 10 when we got a penalty

Read the rule book. https://www.nrl.com/siteassets/documents/Australian-Rugby-League-Laws-and-Rules-of-the-Game-2017.pdf. Says nothing about intentional or unintentional with drop kick. As long as you kick it after bounces Sutton is right by letter of law. Forget that his hasn’t been the interpretation for decades of course seen that many drop then kicks awarded as knock ons. So great can of worms.

If you knock it on just have to kick it ‘immediately’ from now on. Also no mention of control, shot at goal, or what immediately means so open slather if they are going to start playing by the book. How was this rule not clarified years ago stating must be at goal line, 20m restarts or shots at goal? Guys in box and Sutton absolute muppets. Could have admitted technically the rule but incorrect interpretation instead of doubling down on bad decisions.

If Broncs got this call in their favour then everyone else in the game would be calling for Sutton and video refs head!

Getting over watching this game. These guys couldn’t run a chook raffle.

I don't think there is too much wrong with us at the moment.

If we got our attack right and cut out the silly errors, we win the game.

I would keep sticking with Bird at the moment, let him and Milford build. Bird showed against the Warriors he can be a threat and he can be a great foil for Milford.

Some of the tries we conceded came from Isaako making rookie errors.

I would keep sticking with Bird at the moment, let him and Milford build. Bird showed against the Warriors he can be a threat and he can be a great foil for Milford.

Plus Roberts defence needs some improving

add to that the fact that Oates bombed 1 or 2 chances that he would usually take.

Plus Roberts defence needs some improving
Doesn't get spoken about much on here but his defence is pretty ordinary. His technique seems off and he doesn't read the game that we'll. Having him and Isaako paired is not bad in attack but it will keep costing us defence IMO.

Doesn't get spoken about much on here but his defence is pretty ordinary. His technique seems off and he doesn't read the game that we'll. Having him and Isaako paired is not bad in attack but it will keep costing us defence IMO.
His effort is really poor as well

It doesn't get spoken about much because it is rarely an issue. Robert's defence has been one of his strengths since last season.

This. We really bothered the Storm and it was only arse and self-belief that got them home. If just one of our bombed tries comes off, we’re all of a sudden ahead on the board and they’re questioning themselves.

Boyd didn’t surrender meekly or without a word to the refs. Maybe a different broadcast missed it but he looked them in the face and went “Drop goal... Wow”. Stared them down and brushed them. What do you want him to do? Slap them?

On his defence, if he is not there to make those tackles in the line, the opposition scores then and there. Slater was caught out doing exactly the same thing, the difference is Boyd is called in to our line more often because we’re stretched by not giving away repeat penalties and getting breathers.

We gotta stop those 4 or 5 one out runs sets in the opposition 20. Maybe without McCullough it'll be different for a while.

Active Now

• Locky's Left Boot
  • Hurrijo
  • Mick_Hancock
  • cento
  • Skathen
  • TwoLeftFeet
  • Foordy
  • bb_gun
  • Mustafur
  • Wild Horse
  • winslow_wong
  • Sproj
  • Brocko
  • Maddy
  • Wolfie
  • lynx000
  • Morkel
  • Harry Sack
  • NSW stables
... and 9 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.