10:00

Team Lists

Status
Not open for further replies.
Alec

Alec

International Rep
Mar 4, 2008
He's only 18 so he's still got years to go in his development, but at the same time Isaako is really just making up the numbers at the moment. He's not a long term fullback and it's not like we are currently really in contention for the premiership anyway.

Wolfie

Wolfie

International Captain
Jan 14, 2015
Happy to see Tesi given a shot in the fullback role. He is a waste on the bench. My big worry though playing these kids is could we damage their development playing them in a team like this. Dont think they are doing Tesi any favours with this " teenage phenom " hype. I guess at least its only the titans next up.

Last edited:
Brocko

Brocko

NRL Captain
Contributor
Feb 23, 2014
Step in the right direction but there's still a glaring issue with our halves and centres unless i'm not seeing part of that article stating Boyd is gone and Dearden is in.

Reactions: LGH
rnabokov

rnabokov

State of Origin Captain
Contributor
Mar 5, 2008
Happy to see Tesi given a shot in the fullback role. He is a waste on the bench. My big worry though playing these kids is could we damage their development playing them in a team like this.

As we are rebuilding the team more or less from scratch in key positions like our spine, and given Isaako has shown he just isn't what we need as our long term future FB, putting Niu at the back sounds like the ideal move to me in this context. He would do his absolute best to excel there, much like Patty and our star Herbie in the centres and Coates on the wing. I don't think Tesi's development would suffer at all. I reckon he would give it his all no matter how the rest of the team plays.

Then the next step to progress the rebuild would be to dump Boyd for Staggs or Herbie - as long as Staggs and Farnworth are our centres. For mine they are the future. Each has the ability to beat their man on either inside or outside like few others.

With Boyd in the centres we continue to tread water. If he actually contributed by stepping up rather than doing the absolute minimum while he waits for his retirement then fair enough, but he isn't and for mine he is holding back the development of the new team, the future.

Why he remains in the side is beyond me.

Wolfie

Wolfie

International Captain
Jan 14, 2015
As we are rebuilding the team more or less from scratch in key positions like our spine, and given Isaako has shown he just isn't what we need as our long term future FB, putting Niu at the back sounds like the ideal move to me in this context. He would do his absolute best to excel there, much like Patty and our star Herbie in the centres and Coates on the wing. I don't think Tesi's development would suffer at all. I reckon he would give it his all no matter how the rest of the team plays.

Then the next step to progress the rebuild would be to dump Boyd for Staggs or Herbie - as long as Staggs and Farnworth are our centres. For mine they are the future. Each has the ability to beat their man on either inside or outside like few others.

With Boyd in the centres we continue to tread water. If he actually contributed by stepping up rather than doing the absolute minimum while he waits for his retirement then fair enough, but he isn't and for mine he is holding back the development of the new team, the future.

Why he remains in the side is beyond me.

I'm not sure some of our young blokes are mentally as tough as somebody like Carrigan to handle the situation we are in. Blooding so many in a losing team with no structure or gameplan is a massive risk and could do more harm than good. The Titans game is probably a decent enough game to play a fair few of these players in, but if we cant win this one convincingly i dont know what we will do.

I said it on a thread the other day, as much as Boyd needs dropping, he really isnt the major issue with this football club. Our issues run a lot deeper than Darius Boyd.

Foordy

Foordy

International Captain
Contributor
Mar 4, 2008
so, i'll be at the game :rooock:

I've just been notified that i was selected from the pool of nominees to purchase tickets.

now only a question of how much they'll cost. they do say i can purchase up to 6 tickets at "special member prices" 🤔

Organix

Organix

State of Origin Rep
Contributor
Sep 19, 2012
so, i'll be at the game :rooock:

I've just been notified that i was selected from the pool of nominees to purchase tickets.

now only a question of how much they'll cost. they do say i can purchase up to 6 tickets at "special member prices" [emoji848]
Congratulations! Don't forgot to boo the 6 again as loud as possible. I don't even care if it benefits the Broncos, honestly. Get that rule gone.

L

Lockysillegitimatechild

State of Origin Rep
Apr 10, 2015
Badel says Isaako out of the 17 Garry says to wing. Sounds like to the wing it is.
Given our current injuries and suspensions* I think isaako should be on the wing.
With oates in the forwards it allows for an experienced forward on the bench who can give impact and intensity (TPJ preferably, or oates). We have a terrible bench at the moment due to our injuries, terrible...
If 2 of staggs, bird, kahu or Arthurs were available I'd drop him and Boyd all together. I would still drop Boyd before isaako though.

McHunt

McHunt

International Rep
Contributor
Aug 25, 2018
Badel is reporting that Isaako is likely to be dropped from the squad:

"Seibold will decide whether to include Isaako in his 17-man squad but it is believed the Kiwi Test star will be omitted completely in what would be a crushing blow for the 24-year-old. "

P

pagey

State of Origin Rep
Aug 19, 2013
I've actually been thinking this too. Not because Milf will be good there but because it gets Dearden and does ACTUALLY say to Milf this is the last role of the dice for you. You suck at 1, there is just no future for you at the club.

I'd go:

1. Milford
2. Coates
3. Farnworth
4. Niu
5. Isaako
6. Dearden
7. Croft
8. Lodge
9. Luke
10. Haas
11. Glenn (c)
12. Oates
13. TPJ

14. Paix
15. Kennedy
16. Joffa
17. Teo

Of course I know I'm wasting another list, there is no way Boyd or Milford are getting dumped or moved.
Farnsworth on the wing, isaako to center. Isaako isn't a wingers asshole.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Unread

Active Now

• barker
  • theshed
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.