Team Lists

Status
Not open for further replies.
Dexter

Dexter

State of Origin Rep
Contributor
Mar 26, 2008
Can't wait to see this guy get his chance.

The squad overall is just so unbalanced though. How the **** are we going to keep all these guys as they improve.
In 3 years time we will be in the same position of losing guys just as they are truly ready for NRL and having to bring young guys in.

NRL Captain
Contributor
Sep 22, 2016
I will throw my jersey's out if Boyd gets picked and Issako gets dropped. Even more so if that happens and Milf stays ahead of Deardon.

BroncsFan

BroncsFan

International Captain
Contributor
Jul 28, 2016
I will throw my jersey's out if Boyd gets picked and Issako gets dropped. Even more so if that happens and Milf stays ahead of Deardon.
I doubt Isaako gets dropped. We don't have anywhere near enough players available to cover a new wing and it sounds like Oates is moving to the forwards

Chris Garry would've been at training today. Petey B is playing off the back of his tweet and trying to create a headline

theshed

theshed

Just a Game
Aug 28, 2010
Can't wait to see this guy get his chance.

The squad overall is just so unbalanced though. How the **** are we going to keep all these guys as they improve.
In 3 years time we will be in the same position of losing guys just as they are truly ready for NRL and having to bring young guys in.

I agree Isaako has done nothing wrong. In fact he has been one of the few players that I can’t really fault. It’s just about getting the best players on the field. Isaako on the wing is fine, he’s had a few games to prove he’s a fullback and he showed he’s a Josh Hoffman kind of fullback. Back on the wing ya go. Niu looks hungry and dangerous, though he could certainly fail too.

Though I agree, if Isaako is dropped from a full strength team before Boyd is, it’ll be a total outrage.

rnabokov

rnabokov

State of Origin Captain
Contributor
Mar 5, 2008
I agree Isaako has done nothing wrong. In fact he has been one of the few players that I can’t really fault. It’s just about getting the best players on the field. Isaako on the wing is fine, he’s had a few games to prove he’s a fullback and he showed he’s a Josh Hoffman kind of fullback. Back on the wing ya go. Niu looks hungry and dangerous, though he could certainly fail too.

Though I agree, if Isaako is dropped from a full strength team before Boyd is, it’ll be a total outrage.

Agree with you. Isaako is also our 1st string goal kicker, he finishes well as a winger. It's only his defensive reads which need work, and he's not much under the high kicks. He's certainly better than Oates the way he has been playing on the wing, and having him on the wing gives a genuine future star like Farnworth a go in the centres where he belongs.

Scorchie

Scorchie

NRL Captain
Contributor
Mar 16, 2008
Cannot believe they won’t be dropping some players and instead will just move Isaako. Wow.

G

Great white hope

Mar 1, 2017
All for Nee-you to get a crack at fullback. He looked so pumped to be out there during our beltings. Looks like he doesn’t mind a bit of hard work, and I think Oates time on the wing is over.

when Staggs is back:

1. Niu
2. Isaako
3. Farnworth
4. Staggs
5. Coates

Oates on the bench.
Love the energy Niu brings. Needs to support every play. Something Isaako isnt doing. The great FBs all do it knowing that nothing happens 90% of the time but they are there when something happens. All our wingers need to hold their width and trust the inside defenders. If we still leak points it will force our edges to improve both defensive structure and communication.

theshed

theshed

Just a Game
Aug 28, 2010
Love the energy Niu brings. Needs to support every play. Something Isaako isnt doing. The great FBs all do it knowing that nothing happens 90% of the time but they are there when something happens. All our wingers need to hold their width and trust the inside defenders. If we still leak points it will force our edges to improve both defensive structure and communication.

Yeah it’s crazy watching how close the ruck Ponga always is. He stands next to Macca in every ptb that doesn’t involve in a set play.

Sproj

Sproj

Immortal
Senior Staff
Sep 6, 2013
Niu is going to blow minds at fullback, he’s something special. As mentioned though, if Boyd is picked but Isaako dropped entirely (I don’t believe it will happen as Garry is a far better source), I’ll be just as angry as the next bloke.

Reactions: Gaz
Broncapz

Broncapz

NRL Player
May 1, 2016
What is stopping Isaako or Oates playing center?

Xzei

Xzei

State of Origin Rep
Mar 13, 2017
i want to see those that are going hurling mass amounts of abuse at the 'ref' and shoot a rocket up the touch judges asses too!

rnabokov

rnabokov

State of Origin Captain
Contributor
Mar 5, 2008
I don't want Boyd playing which is why I'm asking.

I guess with Arthars and Staggs out, we are stuck with Boyd, unless Boyd makes way for Isaako (not Oates) which means Oates to wing I guess, or even Boyd to wing, which I don't think is a good idea.

Now Boyd to wing would be interesting. We would then have both the fastest and slowest winger in the comp!

NSW stables

NSW stables

NRL Player
May 3, 2019
You might be right, but I'd still keep making noise and presenting evidence. Eventually something will have to give.
You are right, how many times did ricky stuart crack the shits about a decision, and now the raiders seem to get a fair rub of the green most matches. Same with toovey and manly.

I am not saying it will help but i rather see that than us bend over and take it without complaint.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Active Now

• Jedhead
  • Financeguy
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.