10:00

Team Lists

Status
Not open for further replies.
NSW stables

NSW stables

NRL Player
May 3, 2019
I think isaako has been safe at fullback, been positioned pretty well (better than milford), shown much more urgency than boyd, and put his hand up to take up the early hit ups, however he just doesnt offer an attacking threat which is essential from a fullback.

Given his increased confidence under the highball and coates being on the right, perhaps his defence on the left side may be better?

the_next

the_next

NRL Captain
Mar 9, 2018
If Isaako gets dropped all together whilst Boyd, Oates and Milford are still in this 17, this club is 10000000000000% even more delusional then I thought.
Isaako has honestly been one of our better players this year. I agree, he isn't a fullback, but to drop him altogether when he is putting in a LOT more effort then Milford, Boyd and Oates just shows that the coach and those above him are legit clueless.
Time to start shopping a couple of players around, I am looking at you Oates and Milford.
I hope Isaako gets a release and wins a comp with the Roosters or goes back home to NZ and kills it. He does not deserve to be the one punished out of this team.
Get Dearden in the 17 FFS, it really is not that hard.

Huge

Huge

International Rep
Contributor
Mar 7, 2008
I've always said Pat is a better prop than a lock, but i wouldnt put a single player at the Broncos in front of him at lock right now. He has ball playing ability, but not in the same way a Trbojevic, Murray or Radley has. TPJ for me right now just isnt worth the hype. HE lives of 2 or 3 fantastic games a year and the odd moment of brilliance.

The lock role seems to be reverting back to ball playing locks now, which Bennett clearly identified by bringing in Bird to play that role in in 2017. If he could stay fit he could still be a revelation there for us.
Good post BUT if you ever feel the need to type the word 'REVERT' the next word is NEVER 'BACK'.

Huge

Huge

International Rep
Contributor
Mar 7, 2008
We all have had this debate a million times but this situation might warrant it again: Milf for fullback.

It gets Dearden in the side, milf has to get involved and prove he is worth keeping, Isaako goes back to the position that suits him best and the spine looks stronger.

(for the record previously being pro milf at five-eighth)
God no! He won't tackle people not going at full pelt so if they were he'd be as useless as a turnstile AFTER the centre spindle was removed !!

P

pagey

State of Origin Rep
Aug 19, 2013
All for Nee-you to get a crack at fullback. He looked so pumped to be out there during our beltings. Looks like he doesn’t mind a bit of hard work, and I think Oates time on the wing is over.

when Staggs is back:

1. Niu
2. Isaako
3. Farnworth
4. Staggs
5. Coates

Oates on the bench.
Isaako is not a winger

Huge

Huge

International Rep
Contributor
Mar 7, 2008
I think isaako has been safe at fullback, been positioned pretty well (better than milford), shown much more urgency than boyd, and put his hand up to take up the early hit ups, however he just doesnt offer an attacking threat which is essential from a fullback.

Given his increased confidence under the highball and coates being on the right, perhaps his defence on the left side may be better?
I sure as shit wouldn't move Isaako as he is settling into the role quite nicely. Some say he doesn't offer anything in attack but we so rarely are in a position to attack that Isaako isn't going to try anything before the playmakers have had a shot at it.

I think Isaako has been very good in badly beaten sides and were I coach I'd have him practicing at 5/8. Yes, 5/8. I'd give him a go there at training and see if he could learn the very basics. I have no doubt that anyone who strikes the ball as sweetly as Isaako often does could kick any kind of kick I asked for. I think he's fast enough, agile enough, solid enough and most importantly courageous enough to play 5/8. After playing league for so long I'm sure his passing game is good enough too but of course, can he time a pass or put someone through a hole? Well, that's what I'd find out. I rate him highly and think he'll keep improving over the next few years.

KnToad

KnToad

NRL Player
Apr 14, 2013
What is stopping Isaako or Oates playing center?

Centre is the most difficult position to play in defense. Might be a real problem for either of those two given their defensive reads can be left wanting often.

Mitchell_Broncos

Mitchell_Broncos

NRL Player
Jun 21, 2016
Video for anyone interested

I think if he's the intended long term fullback then it is a good time to bring him in

Was loving this Video, right till what he said at the end :allfedup:

broncsgoat

broncsgoat

State of Origin Captain
Contributor
Oct 28, 2013
That pay day ruined Milford. It’s hard to get up and train when you’re sleeping in Egyptian silk bed sheets.
How do the NBA/NFL etc players do it?

Huge

Huge

International Rep
Contributor
Mar 7, 2008
It was obviously tongue in cheek but plenty of nba/nfl players do exactly that. Once they've 'arrived' they clock off, total complacency. Millionford tried in his first $1,000,000 season but he soon realised he'd never play reggies at his pay rate. Others would shoulder the blame. He has never justified his pay rate and his contributions over the last 3 odd seasons would only earn him minimum wage if viewed in isolation.

Mister Wright

Mister Wright

NRL Captain
Jun 8, 2009
There's plenty that don't. Karl Anthony Towns, Andrew Wiggins come straight to mind, but maybe that is a Minnesota thing, rather than a player thing.

broncsgoat

broncsgoat

State of Origin Captain
Contributor
Oct 28, 2013
It was obviously tongue in cheek but plenty of nba/nfl players do exactly that. Once they've 'arrived' they clock off, total complacency. Millionford tried in his first $1,000,000 season but he soon realised he'd never play reggies at his pay rate. Others would shoulder the blame. He has never justified his pay rate and his contributions over the last 3 odd seasons would only earn him minimum wage if viewed in isolation.
Obviously I’m the forum Milf fan but this is how I see the timeline transpiring since his big contract.
15-17 earns contract
18 - First season as primary playmaker, improves massively in his game management skills, kicking game improves out of sight, 15 win season. Broncos POTY.
19 - super coach arrives, new systems in place, whole team struggles to get going, gets shunted in an obviously misguided move to full back by SuperCoach, team has worst season in years.

20 - gets told all off season that all he needs is a game manager beside him by the SuperCoach. The problem is the player SuperCoach brought in is 💩. Whole team is 💩 and milf cops a lot of the criticism. I understand the highest paid player will have a lot of the attention but to me the main reason he’s going like a busted arsehole is because the human pie has no idea what he’s doing.

McHunt

McHunt

International Rep
Contributor
Aug 25, 2018
That pay day ruined Milford. It’s hard to get up and train when you’re sleeping in Egyptian silk bed sheets.
Prefer Egyptian cotton and Chinese mulberry silk, myself.

Mitchell_Broncos

Mitchell_Broncos

NRL Player
Jun 21, 2016
Obviously I’m the forum Milf fan but this is how I see the timeline transpiring since his big contract.
15-17 earns contract
18 - First season as primary playmaker, improves massively in his game management skills, kicking game improves out of sight, 15 win season. Broncos POTY.
19 - super coach arrives, new systems in place, whole team struggles to get going, gets shunted in an obviously misguided move to full back by SuperCoach, team has worst season in years.

20 - gets told all off season that all he needs is a game manager beside him by the SuperCoach. The problem is the player SuperCoach brought in is 💩. Whole team is 💩 and milf cops a lot of the criticism. I understand the highest paid player will have a lot of the attention but to me the main reason he’s going like a busted arsehole is because the human pie has no idea what he’s doing.

Im a big Milf fan as well, I mostly agree here, his kicking game came a long way 2018/19 but i would like to see him get in there and do more runs and at least look in the game even when we are on the back foot, I thought he actually tried against manly and had a pretty good game.

Huge

Huge

International Rep
Contributor
Mar 7, 2008
15-17 earns contract

Mmmmm, Andrew Johns amongst thousands of others think Millionford is a problem andI appreciate you're entitled to think whatever you want to but surely people with expertise should be listened to. It's Millionford's job to direct his forwards, move them around and lead by example. I could barely stand him in the team if his defence was solid but he is appalling.

I think Pearce has appalling defence too but he keeps providing so much more and he even did that in beaten teams but Milford is only shining when it's easy.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Active Now

• Aldo
  • Alec
  • leon.bott
  • broncsgoat
  • Mightybroncs2k17
  • I bleed Maroon
  • Bucking Beads
  • Jazza
  • Harry Sack
  • theshed
  • lakers133334
  • Fozz
  • Big Del
  • Broncos Maestro
  • BroncoFan94
  • ChewThePhatt
  • winslow_wong
  • Old Mate
  • davidp
... and 4 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.