10:00

Team Lists

Status
Not open for further replies.
KnToad

KnToad

NRL Player
Apr 14, 2013
Haas to 2nd row. I posted this elsewhere. Any thoughts?

"Move Haas to the 2nd row. He can be our version of Kickau. They are almost the same size. Haas and Fifita on the edges ... hmmm. TPJ to prop. Oates to bench 2nd row only. Never to wing again."

Aside from his effectiveness breaking tackles, offloading, and speed for a very big guy, I am concerned that he looked more and more deflated v Knights. A change might be the holiday he needs ... um, no, I might retract that metaphor ... everyone in the team seems to be having a holiday at the moment, a holiday from reality.

Nevertheless, Haas to 2nd row and TPJ to prop where his options for brain explosions are reduced. At least he has the venom in his tackles and lots of energy which Haas seems to have lost and man do we need some starch in the middle right now.

I like it. I’m a fan of Kickau so it would be nice to have our version of him

McHunt

McHunt

International Rep
Contributor
Aug 25, 2018
Congratulations! Don't forgot to boo the 6 again as loud as possible. I don't even care if it benefits the Broncos, honestly. Get that rule gone.
I've got a hunch "You suck Darius" might become our warcry over coming weeks. Never gets old:

Last edited:
Organix

Organix

State of Origin Rep
Contributor
Sep 19, 2012
I’m all in for Niu at FB, yet the coach is still persisting that’s Dearden isn’t ready?
Makes sense..
I think putting in a young inexperienced 7 is a bit more pressure intensive than put the back at FB. Halves run the show and direct the play and cop a huge amount of attention in the defensive line.

Foordy

Foordy

International Captain
Contributor
Mar 4, 2008
I’m all in for Niu at FB, yet the coach is still persisting that’s Dearden isn’t ready?
Makes sense..

I don't think it's that he's not ready ... more that because of his injury last year, he hasn't played a competitive game in almost 12 months and fitness will be an issue

KnToad

KnToad

NRL Player
Apr 14, 2013
Milford has the raw talent to become a gun fullback ... he just doesn't possess the desire, determination or work ethic to make the transition

Nope. That ship has sailed. He no longer has the speed off the mark and the evasiveness he once had. Got to stop living in the past and remember it’s been 6-7 years since he played fullback as a talented kid at the Raiders

rnabokov

rnabokov

State of Origin Captain
Contributor
Mar 5, 2008
I'm not sure some of our young blokes are mentally as tough as somebody like Carrigan to handle the situation we are in. Blooding so many in a losing team with no structure or gameplan is a massive risk and could do more harm than good. The Titans game is probably a decent enough game to play a fair few of these players in, but if we cant win this one convincingly i dont know what we will do.

I said it on a thread the other day, as much as Boyd needs dropping, he really isnt the major issue with this football club. Our issues run a lot deeper than Darius Boyd.

Well stars like Herbie and Carrigan don't need a game plan. They just need the ball and they know exactly what to do. They have their own game plan. In Herbie's case it is beat your man and score tries

KnToad

KnToad

NRL Player
Apr 14, 2013
Why did they once again accept rubbish bans? There are examples of others doing the same and nothing happening this very weekend.

Not only that, Radley got off a textbook spear tackle.

Agreed. Only got to look at Latrells coathanger to see the ridiculous inconsistency that our judiciary system suffers from. He didn’t get a penalty. If it was us there would have been a penalty try, sinbin and then 4 week suspension

McHunt

McHunt

International Rep
Contributor
Aug 25, 2018
I don't think it's that he's not ready ... more that because of his injury last year, he hasn't played a competitive game in almost 12 months and fitness will be an issue
He's not going to get an easier game than this weekend to get some match fitness. If we can't beat the Titans, we're certified wooden spooners.

rnabokov

rnabokov

State of Origin Captain
Contributor
Mar 5, 2008
Does anyone remember this Jamayne Isaako? Interesting to note, no one in support:

Pity his defence sucks. According to nrl.com stats, he was the cause of 21 of the 48 or so tries we let in last year on his side of the field.
[automerge]1592823032[/automerge]
I like it. I’m a fan of Kickau so it would be nice to have our version of him

I can only imagine what a back row of Fifita and Haas would be like. There'd be dead half backs strewn all over the place

Last edited:
K-Style

K-Style

NRL Player
Jun 1, 2014
Pity his defence sucks. According to nrl.com stats, he was the cause of 21 of the 48 or so tries we let in last year on his side of the field.

He wasn't even in the camera frame for at least half of them. Completely missing.

Broncos Maestro

Broncos Maestro

NRL Player
May 1, 2016
Gonna pick Titans this weekend. Don’t care if we have everyone miraculously on the field against the Titans B-side; we’re still gonna get ‘dacked’.

theshed

theshed

Just a Game
Aug 28, 2010
All for Nee-you to get a crack at fullback. He looked so pumped to be out there during our beltings. Looks like he doesn’t mind a bit of hard work, and I think Oates time on the wing is over.

when Staggs is back:

1. Niu
2. Isaako
3. Farnworth
4. Staggs
5. Coates

Oates on the bench.

Allo

Allo

International Rep
Forum Staff
Sep 28, 2012
All for Nee-you to get a crack at fullback. He looked so pumped to be out there during our beltings. Looks like he doesn’t mind a bit of hard work, and I think Oates time on the wing is over.

when Staggs is back:

1. Niu
2. Isaako
3. Farnworth
4. Staggs
5. Coates

Oates on the bench.

We’ll have enough backline injuries and suspensions to ensure Boyd never gets dropped. But I can see any of the kids being benched or dropped first even if we do have every option available

rnabokov

rnabokov

State of Origin Captain
Contributor
Mar 5, 2008

when Staggs is back:

1. Niu
2. Isaako
3. Farnworth
4. Staggs
5. Coates

Oates on the bench.

As long as Isaako improves his defensive reads, that for mine is a killer backline. Should be our starting point to carry forward for the next few years at least. Pity about Boyd though. A fly in the ointment. Boyd maybe enough to fill a centre position, however as I said once before, for a new team building a future, enough is insufficient, especially when those young players try their guts out no matter what

PNG Broncos fan88

PNG Broncos fan88

NRL Player
Aug 27, 2018
What the actual fck!
Can't believe the crazy team decision making here. Shielding the untouchables and picking a scapegoat, eerily similar to Roberts and Nikorima.

If Isaako is dropped altogether, I hope he quits on game day and walks into the Titans squad. Scores a try and kicks a bunch of goals and fcks his former team over.

NZ matchwinner deserves a better team and an even better coach, walk out and dump this fckin losers!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Active Now

• Jedhead
  • Financeguy
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.